GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Slate 997GT3 ( after mods ) PICS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Brn- 997gt3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brn-997tt
nice ride bro.......

the cars needs to be judged in person...... looks incredible.....

Although 20" wheels are big but looks great since its mainly for show as you use the stock wheels on the track.....

thanks bro, if anything yours is one to admire, dont know what you've done to it but god damn it flies ...... !!! People beware !!

Old 06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vudu
Sharkwerks bypass is also VERY tempting but I don't want to compromise too much on daily drivability. Any thoughts on that?
Hey Vudu, there's a bunch of folks out there with a system and to be honest the way we deisgned it was and is for daily use. There's no added resonance or anything like that from it. You switch it on and "off" so to speak with the switch still in tact

Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
The Sharkworks bypass pipes is a great addition, one that I will have on mine along with the tips that they sell. It won't be louder, just more melodious if I understand it correctly.
Hey Khalid, that's just how we planned it It beats the factory stereo

Old 06-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
The car looks great. I would not have done 20" wheels though. BTW those Modular Concept wheels look really good.
The company is right down here close to me and I'm tempted to try them out.
They offer various wheel finishes. I like the CF look. That is an overlay but who cares it looks good!
The GMG bumpers (front & rear) are carbon kevlar? What is the weight savings?

The 3 looks hot and a rare color I believe.
Good luck and enjoy.

GT3Ranger

Old 06-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Akira has a spectacular aura aboutAkira has a spectacular aura about
Very nice. I haven't seen slate gray GT3 yet in person but the picture looks great!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
I'd put 20s on a GT3 no question. Heck, I'd put on Techart sideskirts, too.

Old 06-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Brn- 997gt3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
The car looks great. I would not have done 20" wheels though. BTW those Modular Concept wheels look really good.
The company is right down here close to me and I'm tempted to try them out.
They offer various wheel finishes. I like the CF look. That is an overlay but who cares it looks good!
The GMG bumpers (front & rear) are carbon kevlar? What is the weight savings?

The 3 looks hot and a rare color I believe.
Good luck and enjoy.

GT3Ranger
Thanks, yeah was contemplated on whether to do them 20's or not for a while then decided to just go for it since they claimed they'd have a set by that same week as opposed to waiting dont regret it the slightes bit... car does look much better in person or proper lighting and photography skills

Bumpers are carbon kevlar i do believe + had to remove the complete set of heatshields to run cup car setup. You might notice it if you look closely that not only do the mufflers show but the bumpers actually end a little higher than an oem, we removed the rear center heatshield as well because it kept showing.

Dont know the exact weight lost, GMG should be able to help.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
wow I guess most GCC memebers are from bahrain glad to see you in the 6 guys and hope we all meet up when I come back home. PORSCHE-BRN welcom aboard

Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Vudu is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brn- 997gt3
VUDU - Wheels do look much better in person, that i must admit and the pics don't do it any justice. I had all my work done by RUF as an excpetion which took a while i must admit but with amazing follow up, even by Mr. Ruf himself since he's in and out of the island. They're also the dealers for DYMAG's if you're interested. Never knew there was another red GT on the island btw. i thought mine was the last !!! looool

Behbehani can do whatever work you want too, i've had then do a few things for me before - SHIRAZI YOU BETTER BE READING THIS

As for your question in terms of mods, the sharky bypass wont affect your car being a daily driver what so ever, if anything i just tends to make u drive faster. The mesh and front splittler i did knowing i wont be able to use the car much, but i must admit, it hasn't been too much of a pain, perhaps the 20's compensated for some clearance.

- hope this helps
Hey thanks for the info bro. Your red car probably WAS the last one on the island because I found mine in Kuwait and had it shipped over ... and forgot to get all the customs paperwork done properly !! So it took a while to get that sorted as you can imagine..

I didn't know RUF sold DYMAGs, but I've heard of some issues with them regarding durability/cracking/air leaks so I don't know if I'm ready to pay $$$$ and have problems like that. I need to have a chat with Luther about this or I'll just go with Champions as I've had great experience with them (thanks Khalid )

The mesh is a no-brainer it has to be done but I want to see the sharkwerks bypass in person before making a decision on it

Anyway, you've got a beautiful ride! Enjoy it in good health!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:50 AM
BAHGT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
wow I guess most GCC memebers are from bahrain glad to see you in the 6 guys and hope we all meet up when I come back home. PORSCHE-BRN welcom aboard
Thanks. You're welcome to Bahrain anytime

Old 06-13-2008, 10:26 AM
AlloutExotics is infamous around these parts
Nice accents between the interior and the wheels.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:38 AM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
BAHGT3 .... I think it's time to see some high-res pics
The ones you posted didn't do any Justus to this beast ... Ya-la we're waiting !!

Old 06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
wow looks awesome, congrats

Old 06-13-2008, 05:08 PM
BAHGT3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by B7R
BAHGT3 .... I think it's time to see some high-res pics
The ones you posted didn't do any Justus to this beast ... Ya-la we're waiting !!
Lol I liked (Ya-la), I did post in the following thread:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bahgt3&page=40

Old 06-13-2008, 08:00 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
Man, I think the wheels look great. I know the benefits of going with the smaller wheel, however, focusing on how the car looks sitting still, I like it a lot.

/I sure do like commas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slate 997GT3 ( after mods ) PICS