Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

I have found the solution from PORSCHE (IPOD)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vramani
So here is the overview:

1. Option 618
$695 available on 2009 production - looking if will retro in 2008 cars
Any word on whether it will fit into 2007 cars?

Old 06-25-2008, 07:45 AM
vramani is infamous around these parts
answers

Ok Porsche KITS ARE OUT no PCM control (sucks)

Looks like dension or mobridge will let you know which one I go with.

Last edited by vramani; 06-25-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 PM
fcracer is infamous around these partsfcracer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vramani
Ok Porsche KITS ARE OUT no PCM control (sucks)
Does this mean the kit will work with the non-nav systems?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, how could they not have any PCM control. That blows. Maybe an '09 retrofit will work.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Here is bulletin

What are they thinking???

Attached Files
Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 PM
fcracer is infamous around these partsfcracer is infamous around these parts
Wow, $395 for an FM modulated iPod interface with a few slabs of plastic to make the install look pretty... :S

Old 06-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Just get on our order page and get your Dension now. It solves this problem and is completely transparent with integration into the system.

Dension has raised prices due to the fall of the dollar, but we're going to hold them down as long as we can. Get 'em now.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Price

1. How much for a complete kit
2. Find me an installer that I can trust in Houston

Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
$465 for the Dension Gateway 500 iPod integration kit, complete (list is $549)

We have a pro installer in Houston for you as well.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Wow, you guys are quick! We've got a couple of these in yesterday and threw them up on the site. Not the greatest or most glamorous option, but it's warranty friendly. Check it out if you're interested!

iPod or Aux. Input - Music Player Interface - $310

Last edited by SuncoastSteve; 06-26-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:48 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fcracer
Wow, $395 for an FM modulated iPod interface with a few slabs of plastic to make the install look pretty... :S

Yeah, what a joke. Looks like I am buying a Dension.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:39 PM
mjguflaw is infamous around these parts
Guys, get the Dension. This thing is crap. The Dension will sound a million times better. Mine sounds fantastic; only downside is it's a tad slow if you have A LOT of music.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
3arna is infamous around these parts
i pod kit

im not under standing what you are doing here I am a tech at a dealer in chicago and I have put over 200 ipod kits in 997's the one that works the best i have found is the mobridge. the dennison is cheep and the nav-tv is junk. i installed over 100 nav-tv units and 90% don't work. they will work for a week then the error of no cd changer shows and the new gen ipods wont work at all and if you ask them they will admit it. so my question is this is an item i can go to my parts department tomorrow and order from the new 09 997 from those part numbers you listed before. thanks so much. and i have had no problems with the mobridge units they have been great and they have a combo unit with blue tooth. thaanks again. Chase @ THE PORSCHE EXCHANGE

Old 06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fayence
Issue with that is if you buy your music on itunes like i do, you can't export the music to MP3 as it is copy protected. You can export each album onto a CD then rip it back in as MP3, but that takes ages for a bunch of albums.
Try http://www.noteburner.com

Old 06-26-2008, 10:50 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fcracer
wow what a ripoff! don't those fm modulation things only cost $20 at the local hardware store? quite frankly, fm modulated or hardwired, i think won't make much difference to most gt3 stock sound systems as far as sound quality goes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have found the solution from PORSCHE (IPOD)