Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PCM retrofit - problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
PCM retrofit - problem

im having one minor problem with my PCM retrofit. porsche is having a hard time programming my PCM to accept the ASK (analog sound system). basicly eveything checks out on there computer, but there is no sound coming from the speakers. orginally i had the CDR24 with the stock ASK amp from the factory.

i was wondering if anyone has retrofitted the PCM on there 7gt3? if so, do you have the Sound Package Plus? (Analog Sound-System with CD storage in glove compartment. Includes 9 loudspeakers and 235 watt output -- aka ASK)

also, does anyone have the PCM with theSound Package Plus stock from porsche?

im just trying to find out if its even possible to have PCM with the oem Sound Package Plus option.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:14 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
fern, in your sound menu, does it say "sdv" or "surround" or "audiopilot"? if it's one of the latter 2, try unchecking it. i know, it's a long shot but these 2 are bose features.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:47 AM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
also, does anyone have the PCM with theSound Package Plus stock from porsche?
Yep, I do.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 AM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
I have PCM with the standard radio.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 AM
GonzoS is infamous around these parts
I have PCM with sound package plus

Old 06-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by speedoflight
fern, in your sound menu, does it say "sdv" or "surround" or "audiopilot"? if it's one of the latter 2, try unchecking it. i know, it's a long shot but these 2 are bose features.
yup.. i hav sdv, i toggled it both ways. same result.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:31 AM
okay, so it sounds like PCM and Sound Package Plus combo is doable. i starting to think that my problem is just a programming issue from the dealer. today i re-installed my CDR24 head unit to compare the voltages on the 3 plugs vs the PCM. the voltages levels where all similar. hmmmmm.....

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 06-30-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by GonzoS
I have PCM with sound package plus
would you be willing to help me trouble shoot my PCM

Old 07-01-2008, 03:18 AM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
I got PCM with sound pkg plus as well!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
update

i want to thank forum member scuzy for letting me borrow his 997S. i was able to confirm my theory. basiclly i got my PCM and plugged it into his car which uses the BOSE (MOST) setup. my PCM worked like a charm in his car. i was able to hear FM and CD music in his BOSE setup. this proves that my PCM is still in MOST output mode rather then the ASK (analog) mode which my dealer said they programmed it to.

back to the dealer again

Old 07-02-2008, 04:34 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Just put a nice Double Din unit in and call it a day Or go for the PCM 3.0 Touchscreen. DO IT FERN DO IT!!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Just put a nice Double Din unit in and call it a day Or go for the PCM 3.0 Touchscreen. DO IT FERN DO IT!!
yeah. thats what i probably do if i cant get this PCM working correctly.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:57 AM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
I don't get it. I have CDR24 and am supposed to have the Sound Package Plus (though no CD changer in sight), but my CDR24 is connected to the MOST bus.
Although there was no CD changer configured from stock, the MOST loop was active (optical pulses visible).

Took my dealer a good hour to 'convince' the head unit to recognize my Dension GW500 as a CD changer emulator using the Porsche Tester, but after a number of unsuccessful attempts it finally worked. I fiddled with them in the shop for a while (they were of course questioning my GW500 as the primary culprit), but it ended up being the interface between the car and the tester that were at fault. To their credit, they did not ask me a dime for their time.

So I would not write your PCM off unit just yet ...

Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
im glad things worked out for you. what dealership in the bay area did you go too?

as for the sound package plus, according to Porsche NA.... the Bose Package was not offered in the 7gt3. if you upgraded to the Sound Package Plus you actually got the ASK (analog) amp. i didnt think the CD changer was part of the package

im planning on going back to porsche before lunch. im gonna have them re-try to program from digital audio to analog audio again. wish me luck...

btw, i pad $150hr last time.. and it didnt work.

Originally Posted by ze_shark
I don't get it. I have CDR24 and am supposed to have the Sound Package Plus (though no CD changer in sight), but my CDR24 is connected to the MOST bus.
Although there was no CD changer configured from stock, the MOST loop was active (optical pulses visible).

Took my dealer a good hour to 'convince' the head unit to recognize my Dension GW500 as a CD changer emulator using the Porsche Tester, but after a number of unsuccessful attempts it finally worked. I fiddled with them in the shop for a while (they were of course questioning my GW500 as the primary culprit), but it ended up being the interface between the car and the tester that were at fault. To their credit, they did not ask me a dime for their time.

So I would not write your PCM off unit just yet ...

Attached Images  

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 07-03-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:10 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
im glad things worked out for you. what dealership in the bay area did you go too?
Porsche of Fremont. Very diligent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCM retrofit - problem