Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Wanted: 2007 / 2008 GT3 RS - White

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Wanted: 2007 / 2008 GT3 RS - White

I just sold my 2006 C4S Cab and am looking for a 2007 or 2008 GT3RS in white. There are 50+ RS's listed for sale on eBay, Rennlist, duPont Registry, Cars.com, GT3RS Registry etc however none in white. There were few produced in this color and they seem to be tough to find so your help would be appreciated. I am looking for a low mileage (<1,500 miles), unmodified example. Must-have options are:
  • Full Leather
  • PCCB's
  • Xenon's
  • PCM

Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 AM
sws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of lightsws1 is a glorious beacon of light
Old 06-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sws1

SWS1, thanks for the suggestion however I am looking for an RS rather than a standard GT3.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Dutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond reputeDutchie has a reputation beyond repute
Get the best non-white you can find, and wrap it.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:40 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
^haha

Old 06-28-2008, 02:19 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche had a $4000 upcharge for white in the RS. I dont even know that white was
*available* at the beginning of the 07 RS production run. Only after so many people clamoured for white PAG came up with the $4000 white option. A couple guys finally got white later in the 07 run (this is all off the top of my head), then in the 08 run not many RS's were made of any color. So if your heart is set on white you might get yourself ready to not get the options as must haves on such a low number car. I am guessing full leather might be difficult to get if you can even find a white RS on the market.
The other option is to buy a White GT3 standard and put an RS wing on it. You will have what you want I mean they are almost identical- same motor and tranny (minus clutch and flywheel). You will have saved $50K (or MORE) and almost no one will know the diff.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Porsche had a $4000 upcharge for white in the RS. I dont even know that white was
*available* at the beginning of the 07 RS production run. Only after so many people clamoured for white PAG came up with the $4000 white option. A couple guys finally got white later in the 07 run (this is all off the top of my head), then in the 08 run not many RS's were made of any color. So if your heart is set on white you might get yourself ready to not get the options as must haves on such a low number car. I am guessing full leather might be difficult to get if you can even find a white RS on the market.
The other option is to buy a White GT3 standard and put an RS wing on it. You will have what you want I mean they are almost identical- same motor and tranny (minus clutch and flywheel). You will have saved $50K (or MORE) and almost no one will know the diff.
Thanks for the input. You're right, few white ones were produced however they do come to market from time to time; recently South Shore Porsche sold a white '08 with delivery miles to a 6speedonliner and Paul Miller Porsche sold (twice listed) an '08 on eBay within the last couple of weeks (eBay listing# 380038738135). Niello Porsche had a white '08 (no PCCB's) they bought from Michael Steed that sat unsold for months and The Porsche Exhange currently has a white '08 also without PCCB's with delivery miles. The white "option" was $4,315 however not readily known - Orange and Green were also upcharged at $3,070 & $3,140. I happen to like white because it is both rare and not as bold as the other RS colors - to each their own! Now that I have sold my C4S I am ready to buy, however a standard GT3 isn't what I am looking for. If I can't find a white one I'll consider other colors however I haven't given up quite yet.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:25 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Be patient and you will find what you are looking for. Not that many white (or silvers) especially with the options you listed but they are out there.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:32 PM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
I sold this one a few months back at a very fair price. It had PCCB's, full leather and less than 1,500 miles. I have seen more than a few since then, so if you want White, I would wait until one pops up again. Many of the '08's were White equipped like mine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1297.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	73506  
Old 06-28-2008, 04:02 PM
wct8920 is infamous around these parts
there are quite a few white gt3's on dupont registry but no rs's

Old 06-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by mowblowgo
I sold this one a few months back at a very fair price. It had PCCB's, full leather and less than 1,500 miles. I have seen more than a few since then, so if you want White, I would wait until one pops up again. Many of the '08's were White equipped like mine.
Mowblowgo, terrific RS you sold, timing is everything. I am confident that "someone knows someone" who has been thinking about selling a white RS optioned the right way and wants a smooth transaction.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Edgemontvillage
The white "option" was $4,315 however not readily known - Orange and Green were also upcharged at $3,070 & $3,140.
Not exactly correct. When you pay the $3K for the orange or green, the black rims, mirrors and decals come along with the price. When you pay the $4K+ for white, you still need to pay another $3K for the black mirrors, wheels and decals. My white RS cost me over $7K over the 'free' black car.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Edgemontvillage wrote:
I happen to like white because it is both rare and not as bold as the other RS colors
That was the last straw in the camels back when I was tyring to decide between my standard GT silver GT3 or paying at the time $20K more for a Orange RS.

I just didnt know how long I would last with one of those LOOK AT ME colors (dont get me wrong Porsche hit a homerun with the color selection even the silver orange).
But I had a Guards Red 996 GT3 and I had to deal with the WHOA look at THAT!!!
and it can be annoying after awhile. I,like you, like the more subtle colors and Silver is a Porsche classic. I even had a hard time getting the RS wing. I had sold my carbon fiber rear wing and had a RS wing and decklid conversion ordered and then decided my Std GT3 wing in Carbon fiber was enough WOW factor without having to spend another 6K for the RS wing conversion. With My Fikses wheels (see avatar) I think I have built quite a unique GT3 that has heavenly sounds and I am going to stick with what I have now.
Really though if you have a chance drive a RS and a std GT3 that has the bypass muffler and see if its truly worth the $50k or more for the difference.
13k at MSRP is a no brainer for an RS over a GT3 but at what point is the RS no longer worth the small difference you get in the RS Package.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:28 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
An RS is priceless! Time will reward you, and no matter how much you want to minimize the delta between the GT3 and the RS, the market will conspire against you. Adding the lightweight flywheel etc. doesn't give you the pedigree.

The RS is a special Porsche moniker, and if there is not another one for a few years, you will be well rewarded. I'd bet there won't be despite all the speculation.

Having owned the GT3 and the RS, I would gladly pay the delta for the RS (all day long), and the lightweight flywheel doesn't make a GT3 an RS (despite the wishful thinking by some).

Old 06-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Dude no matter how much you shout the US RS is short of the ROW RS.
Plus with the MKII RS coming here soon paying 50k over MSRP right now is not spending your money wisely. Besides how much REALLY can you believe the RS is that important with Deviated stitching, Carbon goodies all around and a Navigation system for Gawds sake!!

In reality, now I am talking about REAL WORLD here, 50K over for this car (and up) is just not worth it. I would gladly buy a F430 for that much money. And AGAIN in reality, I thought it was a very nice buy at $13K more than the std GT3 and its worth the delta. I could have very easily afforded a RS at the Screwed Over prices that were offered to my by my
faithful *DEALER* but chose not to because the whole RS process stunk like a bad cheese. Its still worth exactly 13K over a regular GT3.

All the RS really represents to me now is how the Porsche Dealers here gladly and greedily screwed over a BUNCH of dyed in the wool Porsche enthusiasts and LOYAL customers who have been in the fold for decades and in some cases generations. If you want to pay $50K and up for that ALL DAY LONG as you put it then I dont know what to say to you. If youre going to throw money away like that throw me some. Porsche has realize they are making tons of money on these things and if you think the MKII GT3 RS isnt on its way then you need to stock up on some more RS's.

Like I have said before this may very well be my last Porsche if PCNA continues down this path.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wanted: 2007 / 2008 GT3 RS - White