Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Matte Black RS At the Ring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I tried to convince the guy who does my clear bra to get into this.

Imagine if you could change the color of your car each year at reasonable cost? You'd never get sick of it. I'd change my color yearly.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 AM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
looks good

Old 07-02-2008, 05:53 PM
timo is infamous around these parts
looks awesome ,didnt know they did that

Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 AM
RT8_M3 is infamous around these partsRT8_M3 is infamous around these parts
Wow, first Matte Black and must say looks freaking hot!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:09 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
not sure if anyone supplies the same in the US but here in dubai we have a German company that does it www.foilacar.com and their works is top notch, they take off the light housing etc. in order to get the foil wrapped under the body so it doesnt show that its a foil at the edges.

they start with a wide foil that covers the whole car and work their way from there, so no cut lines. oh and apparently they garantee it for (if i may recall) 3 years or so.

job like a 997tt costs around 8-9k dollars i think for full car.

Nice idea though, can change colors without having to repaint the car n depreciation.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:03 AM
chris79 is infamous around these parts
I have an offer for mine in Matte silver for 2.000 EUR (3k$) complete. And that is not the cheapest offer! Don't know pricings in the US, sorry!
Most of taxis (cabs) down here in Germany are wrapped. And most of the companies doing this for taxis are also familiar with sportcars. Especially Porsche.
Friend of mine has a black wrapped in white. Of course, if you open a door/hood its still the old colour. I would recomment wrapping cars which are original black, white or silver. Otherwhise it would look kind of scary
(just thinking about wrapping a blue metallic in white for example...)

Regards
Chris

This car is originally black:

Attached Images  

Last edited by chris79; 07-03-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Dubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really niceDubai_TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by chris79
I have an offer for mine in Matte silver for 2.000 EUR (3k$) complete. And that is not the cheapest offer! Don't know pricings in the US, sorry!
Most of taxis (cabs) down here in Germany are wrapped. And most of the companies doing this for taxis are also familiar with sportcars. Especially Porsche.
Friend of mine has a black wrapped in white. Of course, if you open a door/hood its still the old colour. I would recomment wrapping cars which are original black, white or silver. Otherwhise it would look kind of scary
(just thinking about wrapping a blue metallic in white for example...)

Regards
Chris

This car is originally black:
The one im talkin abt are based in germany check them out if ur over there... they use high grade stuff not the disposable stuff on taxis + the door sills are covered as well u wont be able to see the original color. loads of cars here have this on, ive been to their workshop n seen their work.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 AM
ZEMDOGG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
http://www.matthewsgraphics.com

Ask for Kenny.

I do not know the pricing for a car (With thicker wrap.)

Just got a quote from Kenny. He said between $3000 to $3500. Not bad!

Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Dubai_TT
The one im talkin abt are based in germany check them out if ur over there... they use high grade stuff not the disposable stuff on taxis + the door sills are covered as well u wont be able to see the original color. loads of cars here have this on, ive been to their workshop n seen their work.
Right,
but foliacar is a franchise company. In the end it depense on the experience of the franchiser. I am talking to this guy: www.pmd-boes.de It seems that he is very good. Have seen a Mini done by him. +Quality!!
Regards
Chris

Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
how long does it stay?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Sorry. Was confused with the name. Don't know foliacar. I thought it was foliatec. Sorry therefor...

Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 AM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Every major city has an installer of these wraps. Look up "vinyl wrap" and you will find a lot of advertisement companies who do it. they can order it, or print it in matte instead of color.

Promotional companies use it often.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Great idea. Must remember next time I knock off a bank.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Doc986 is infamous around these parts
How much weight does it add?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:35 PM
j.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of lightj.a.cadet is a glorious beacon of light
omg ****

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Matte Black RS At the Ring