Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Market Prices on the GT3RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sie_motor88
QUESTION: How do you guys like the Car? do you think from a TT to a GT3RS is an upgrade?
I just sold my TT and purchased a new RS. I really don't consider the RS an upgrade or downgrade. The TT has more power and is more refined but to me, the RS is simply more fun to drive.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Dick Fidd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sheim911rs
with no plans for an RS version of the new GT3, prices should remain strong or even increase. Just like the 73/74 RSs did. And, as now, in 73/74 many argued that the RS was not significantly different than the S version.
Confirmed no plans for 997 MKII RS? I have read DI and 450 hp for the GT3 - that would seem to make MKI RS' less desirable, except for collectors. I am in the market as well, and I'd take the extra power of the MKII over the exclusivity of the MKI RS. Please share the news if you have it...

Old 07-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I have a black orange RS for sale if any one is intereted

Email me for details!

Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rs4guyfolife
i saw 75k mark up..
IMO current premium for a preowned '07 RS with PCCB's and under 3K miles is approx. 25K.

Last edited by PCH; 07-06-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PCH
IMO current premium for a preowned '07 RS with PCCB's and under 3K miles is approx. 25K.

In all fairness a quick search on the internet will show values in 160K+ range.

The RS is no longer produced and will most likely will not be made in the next generation 998.

I dont know of any RS's in the 125k range, a GT3 yes but certainly not an RS.

IMHO

Old 07-06-2008, 07:35 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
Rs Prices

Not sure about anybody else but despite all the dealer talk about 50k over prices holding firm I have not noticed a single car trade for 50k over in a long time. In fact on EBAY and auto trader there seems to be a ton of cars for sale between 155k-185k that have been on the mkt for months. Seems that delivery mile cars are trading 30-max40k over wile cars that have a couple thousand miles on them are not selling for much over sticker

Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
I
I dont know of any RS's in the 125k rangeIMHO
Either do I.
An RS with a MSRP of 145K has a current premium of approx. 25K or selling price of 170K.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 AM
GT3Racerich is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
In all fairness a quick search on the internet will show values in 160K+ range.

The RS is no longer produced and will most likely will not be made in the next generation 998.

I dont know of any RS's in the 125k range, a GT3 yes but certainly not an RS.

IMHO
A quick search on the internet shows many, many cars for sale. The asking prices are in the 160K+ (or minus now) range. Since most of these cars have been for sale for a long, long time and have not sold at that price, that is not what they are worth. I keep getting calls from dealers that I contacted in the past, with RS's available. The prices are coming down, but still not to "market".
Just curious how you came to the conclusion that the RS will most likely not be made for the next gen. 998?
I would say another run of RS's will be made before the 998.(997 MKII)
Rich

Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 AM
john revis is infamous around these parts
I attended a July 4th event in Brevard, North Carolina, and there were 2 RSs there. 1 was orange/black and the other black/orange. I believe they were both new and for sale by an out of state Porsche dealer, but I can't remember which one. Perhaps a call to PNA or a seach on the web could find them.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:03 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
my suggestion is that if u find a car that u like buy it if u can swig it since the production has ended. imo paying 25k over or 40k over etc makes no real difference. Buy what suits u best is more important than the best price.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
A quick search on the internet shows many, many cars for sale. The asking prices are in the 160K+ (or minus now) range. Since most of these cars have been for sale for a long, long time and have not sold at that price, that is not what they are worth. I keep getting calls from dealers that I contacted in the past, with RS's available. The prices are coming down, but still not to "market".
Just curious how you came to the conclusion that the RS will most likely not be made for the next gen. 998?
I would say another run of RS's will be made before the 998.(997 MKII)
Rich
+1

I agree, I have a hard time paying MSRP for an 997 RS when I have an MSRP deposit on a pretty much the same MKII GT3 or maybe even an RS with 30HP more on the way.

Unless they really screw up the MKII GT3 (Heavier.) the new regular GT3 should be worth more than the 997 GT3RS, let alone the still possible RS.

IMO, the RS will go MSRP as soon as the order forms are available for the MKII GT3.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
But I Will Gladly Take One Off your Hands!

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1

I agree, I have a hard time paying MSRP for an 997 RS when I have an MSRP deposit on a pretty much the same MKII GT3 or maybe even an RS with 30HP more on the way.

Unless they really screw up the MKII GT3 (Heavier.) the new regular GT3 should be worth more than the 997 GT3RS, let alone the still possible RS.

IMO, the RS will go MSRP as soon as the order forms are available for the MKII GT3.
Sounds to me like a couple of guys looking to make a deal on a current model! Maybe I should dump mine low before the market crashes!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
No, if I was trying to make a deal I would be PM-ing with an offer

I shouldda put the deposit down sometime in '06 like other smart current RS owners, so maybe I get a second change, maybe not in that case I will have to be patient and settle for the regular GT3 that is very likely coming.

Goes both ways with current RS owners claiming to "know" there will not be an MKII RS.

Just chatting, that's what forums are for..

Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
I'm not so sure dealers will be selling the MKII RS at MSRP. Only a few 07 and 08 went out the door at MSRP so why should we think that is going to change with the MK11. Porsche will probably raise the MSRP to $175k with a 50k market mark up. Better get your low mileage 07 and 08 RS at bargain prices now!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Some dealers will if you deposited early enough, a friend of mine did and got his RS from the dealer I placed my deposit with the begionning of this year and I expect I will also. My contract says so. (Provided they will exist ;-)

By now all those dealers will have used up all allotments, I expect.

Just like recently with the Nissan GTR, some dealers have a policy that they sell all cars at MSRP (Carmax by example.) on a first deposit first serve basis.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Market Prices on the GT3RS