Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A few shots of my 997 RS at Spa & Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:21 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Very nice! Thanks for sharing the photos. What were you talking to the fellows in the "green & white" about?
Got pulled over three times...they could not imagine a tag that had no numbers on it. No problem as car was properly registered and insured for Europe

Old 07-10-2008, 05:26 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Awesome number plate! From where did you get the Ring sticker in the back?
Yo can get them at the gas station there. Also at the Fan shop. Tradition is that you put it on if you and the car have both driven it together. However you can get them on line from the official website.
The plate is one of set

My M6 was also tracked at the Ring a couple of years ago, though I slid off at Spiegelkurve with expensive results.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:50 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Excellent pictures!! Looks you also got a sneak peak of the Panamera.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:23 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Did you have your car shipped over there? Can you tell us about the process of shipping, registration and insurance?

Thanks

Old 07-10-2008, 06:29 AM
theprotest is infamous around these parts
Hi,

Wow. I'll get out there and just say it; JEALOUS.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by eclou
Did you have your car shipped over there? Can you tell us about the process of shipping, registration and insurance?

Thanks
Use a good shipping company I elected to go door to door basically. Toronto with a pickup in Frankfurt. I used Weiss-Rohlig. Not cheap..about $9500 return by sea.
You need transit insurance and road insurance, whic is separately done by your induirance broker.
You also need a local ADAC (german automobile club) insurance which is cheap and can be done when you arrive. This is the 'border insurance" and it is required to release the car through customs.
Once you have all that releasing the car from customs is a breeze. You keep your own plates.
You need to check exclusions on the insurance policy. I basicaly ran on third party insurance for Ring purposes, though Spa was insured under the overall driving school policy. Thus , if I stuffed the car at the Ring it was on my dime. Road insurance was normal and fully covered.
You need an environment sticker that allows you to drive into all cities. I arrangd this in advance, as I wanted to go into central Berlin and Munich.
Gas is very expensive so allow for this. Filling up the RS was $150 a pop.
If its the first time on the NS would suggest some good solid instruction. Its a treacherous place and takes some getting used to. Its also the greatest track on the planet.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 AM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
I'm green with envy!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I was just in Germany, Rented a Cayman S at the airport in Frankfurt. I took it on the Nordschleife. Must have been a blast taking your own car on the Ring.

Well done!

Ed

Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
nice pics!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I was just in Germany, Rented a Cayman S at the airport in Frankfurt. I took it on the Nordschleife. Must have been a blast taking your own car on the Ring.

Well done!

Ed
You want to be careful with rental cars on the NS. If they catch you, (and they do often) its an automatic worldwide band from Hertz, Avis and the rest.They often track on GPS.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Nice to see an Ont. plate make it to the Ring!

Old 07-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ray
Nice to see an Ont. plate make it to the Ring!
They are not common there but you do see the the occasional US plate. Non numeric plates are virtually unknown there and it had the Poleizi tied up in knots.

Well worth the trip...when I was running at over 300km/h on the 'bahn, perfectly legally and safely,I was thinking of the boneheaded speeding laws in Ontario...

Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
that's gotta be a blast!

Old 07-10-2008, 08:50 PM
9fan64 is infamous around these parts
respect to those who dare and play....thanx for sharing....

Old 07-11-2008, 01:44 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
You are a very lucky man with a beautiful green machine. I envy you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few shots of my 997 RS at Spa & Nordschleife