Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A few shots of my 997 RS at Spa & Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RMcG
You want to be careful with rental cars on the NS. If they catch you, (and they do often) its an automatic worldwide band from Hertz, Avis and the rest.They often track on GPS.
I am certain that they didn't know I was on the track. Avis sent me a notice telling me I got a parking ticket in Stuttgart (which I have no idea what for), but nothing about driving the car on the ring.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hiro
What a beauty! Looks like a fun day. I've never seen an oranged CSL, interesting...
is that a csl ?

wud like more photos of that..

looks interesteing indeed...

Old 07-12-2008, 02:01 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Totally Awesome Pics Brutha......................

Old 07-12-2008, 03:13 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
RMcG, well done, Hat off to you sir and I bet you had the time of your life.

Bizarre, I do the exact same twice a year although it's a lot closer for me, SPA & The Ring, you even stayed at the same Hotel as me, lol, did you see Sabine Schmidt, it's her mothers Hotel.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:25 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
RMcG, well done, Hat off to you sir and I bet you had the time of your life.

Bizarre, I do the exact same twice a year although it's a lot closer for me, SPA & The Ring, you even stayed at the same Hotel as me, lol, did you see Sabine Schmidt, it's her mothers Hotel.
Sure..Hve met her before...she ws on vacation this time..here is a shot I took of her with my co-driver ,Phil in 2006..

I had an M6 on that trip...

this is what she was racing that time....

View from the M6

It got much more paint damage that the RS did..I learned my lesson and put a clear bra on the Porsche...

You never know what you will see at the gas station....

Old 07-12-2008, 08:26 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Above shots from my 2006 visit..I must have a thousand Ring photos

Old 07-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Oops the last Ring view was from a racing 1 series BMW.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:40 AM
MariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the roughMariusL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Porschedeisgn
is that a csl ?

wud like more photos of that..

looks interesteing indeed...
Its a wrap'd CSL AFAIK.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:01 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent RMcG, I keep telling the guys on 996Turbo/GT2 forum they should get over to Europe to sample some real tracks. What do you think of Spa & The Ring?

Old 07-12-2008, 11:39 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Good to see you're having a good time Ronan. You're living one of my dream vacations!

But......Rogers is falling apart in your absence - I can't find an iphone anywhere!

Old 07-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by jamie
Good to see you're having a good time Ronan. You're living one of my dream vacations!

But......Rogers is falling apart in your absence - I can't find an iphone anywhere!

We are hoping for more tomorrow...worldwide supply issue.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Excellent RMcG, I keep telling the guys on 996Turbo/GT2 forum they should get over to Europe to sample some real tracks. What do you think of Spa & The Ring?
There are no words adequate for the Ring. Its endlessly challenging and entertaining. After 94 laps over two visits, (and one crash),I am just getting to know it. I expect I will return annually and try to upgrade my skills. The atmosphere and history of the place are just incomparable and when you get out there mid week on an empty track its one of the greatest feeling in the world. The variation in surface, apex,and elevation is simply mindblowing.
Its as addictive as crack, and few people visit just once.
A thousand feet of elevation change,15km long,lots of zero runoff areas, and fairly open rules about who can drive make it like no other automotive experience. Its also perfect for a Porsche. I was talking to Hans Stuck a few weeks before I went over and he had just tried an RS on the Ring.

His view was that the gear ratios were absolute perfection for the track, and the car was exceptional, though driving it at the limit demands a lot of respect. (Being Hans, he was of course doing just that). The RIng is the natural home of the GT3 and RS and there were lots of them there, After al, this is where it was developed.

Spa is beautiful, and F1 standard, so much, much safer, (which did not stop me getting into a harmless spin at the chicane). Coming up Eau Rouge with few visual markers for turn in is a bit intimidating at first, but its fast and a very varied track. Eight laps is nothing more than a tiny taste of Spa and I never really went fast enough to challenge the car, but an instructor drove me round in it. You would not beleive the compression before Eau Rouge.

All in all, I will be back for sure. Might rent a car next time until I have something coming in on ED,(not strictly allowed, but mid week you can get away with it).

Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by RMcG
There are no words adequate for the Ring. Its endlessly challenging and entertaining. After 94 laps over two visits, (and one crash),I am just getting to know it. I expect I will return annually and try to upgrade my skills. The atmosphere and history of the place are just incomparable and when you get out there mid week on an empty track its one of the greatest feeling in the world. The variation in surface, apex,and elevation is simply mindblowing.
Its as addictive as crack, and few people visit just once.
A thousand feet of elevation change,15km long,lots of zero runoff areas, and fairly open rules about who can drive make it like no other automotive experience. Its also perfect for a Porsche. I was talking to Hans Stuck a few weeks before I went over and he had just tried an RS on the Ring.

His view was that the gear ratios were absolute perfection for the track, and the car was exceptional, though driving it at the limit demands a lot of respect. (Being Hans, he was of course doing just that). The RIng is the natural home of the GT3 and RS and there were lots of them there, After al, this is where it was developed.

Spa is beautiful, and F1 standard, so much, much safer, (which did not stop me getting into a harmless spin at the chicane). Coming up Eau Rouge with few visual markers for turn in is a bit intimidating at first, but its fast and a very varied track. Eight laps is nothing more than a tiny taste of Spa and I never really went fast enough to challenge the car, but an instructor drove me round in it. You would not beleive the compression before Eau Rouge.

All in all, I will be back for sure. Might rent a car next time until I have something coming in on ED,(not strictly allowed, but mid week you can get away with it).
Yip, I travel with a few RS's and they are super quick at the Ring also.

Not unusual for some to get out of shape at the hairpin, did you see the video I posted a while back of myself and the RS having a bit of fun http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=6e1ea77f.flv watch how the RS just about loses it at the hairpin also watch me just about ram the RS at Eau Rouge because the Turbo in front was a good bit slower. All good fun!

Old 07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Nice Spa vid

Old 07-12-2008, 04:31 PM
lvrs is infamous around these parts
What a dream trip!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few shots of my 997 RS at Spa & Nordschleife