Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

A few shots of my 997 RS at Spa & Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Andyuk9112 is infamous around these parts
LOL, I had heard about you being pulled with the plates .. Nice to know a 6speeder travels far ...

Great pixs !

Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Noticed the new 911 there testing.....

and the V10 Audi..

the upcoming Lotus Eagle...

A Ferrari test mule probably just testing suspension parts...

Old 07-12-2008, 07:20 PM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
The Z06 that did the 7:26 lap..I was there that day.....

Old 07-12-2008, 07:53 PM
One neat car I saw was the color-mate of mine outside the Reichstag in Berlin on my way over to the Ring....

Old 07-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
hey is tt the ZR1?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Yip, I travel with a few RS's and they are super quick at the Ring also.

Not unusual for some to get out of shape at the hairpin, did you see the video I posted a while back of myself and the RS having a bit of fun [media]http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z34/eventsarmoury/?action=view&current=6e1ea77f.flv[/media] watch how the RS just about loses it at the hairpin also watch me just about ram the RS at Eau Rouge because the Turbo in front was a good bit slower. All good fun!
Great thread, must have been an awesome trip!!! Congrats on the commitment.

Steve.... always love your videos, driving at its best....with great music... who says a well set up tt with a driver who understands his car as well as you cant hang with the gt3 and RS boys....

Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Porschedeisgn
hey is tt the ZR1?
Yes it is.on its fast lap

Old 07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
slams2k is infamous around these parts
I was wondering if I could ask you some questions as far as the process of getting the car shipped and getting the permit in Europe.

Hadavireza@gmail.com
647-868-0242

Old 07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by slams2k
I was wondering if I could ask you some questions as far as the process of getting the car shipped and getting the permit in Europe.

Hadavireza@gmail.com
647-868-0242
Sure...just send me PM

Old 07-13-2008, 06:18 PM
slams2k is infamous around these parts
Question

PM sent

Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
If you can match the dates, the Scuderia Hanseat spring and fall courses are a very good way to learn the Ring and have the track reserved for cars only, away from the sheer madness of Touristenfahren hours. It's not cheap, but you get out of it with a lot of track time, excellent training on the proper lines and the unique opportunity of several hours on the Ring without the crazy locals, mommy and daddy in their diesel puffer and suicidal bikers.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ze_shark
If you can match the dates, the Scuderia Hanseat spring and fall courses are a very good way to learn the Ring and have the track reserved for cars only, away from the sheer madness of Touristenfahren hours. It's not cheap, but you get out of it with a lot of track time, excellent training on the proper lines and the unique opportunity of several hours on the Ring without the crazy locals, mommy and daddy in their diesel puffer and suicidal bikers.
I agree, if the fast guys around here with their modded out GT3's and GT2's go there - do take a driving course like Scuderia Hanseat or Sport Auto or TechArt days...or at least a professional instructor for first days.

That way you can really enjoy the experience. Learning the bends with Playstation is not enough.

Unfortunately I understand the term "sheer madness of Touristenfahren hours" because that is exactly what the tourist times are about...
Still fun but I feel some people have the wrong attitude towards TF (One can get a bit too speedy and dangerous in the TF...It is not a race! )

Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kaizu
I agree, if the fast guys around here with their modded out GT3's and GT2's go there - do take a driving course like Scuderia Hanseat or Sport Auto or TechArt days...or at least a professional instructor for first days.

That way you can really enjoy the experience. Learning the bends with Playstation is not enough.

Unfortunately I understand the term "sheer madness of Touristenfahren hours" because that is exactly what the tourist times are about...
Still fun but I feel some people have the wrong attitude towards TF (One can get a bit too speedy and dangerous in the TF...It is not a race! )
Fair point.
My friend Markus Gedlich who often runs the BMW school there spent half a day running with me. He is an outstanding teacher, having run in 9 24 hr races at the NS.
Totally agree on Playstation, and for sure the 94 laps I have done is just a taste. During the week the TF is OK as the track is fairly empty. Weekend can be hectic, of course. Best to take a full week there minimum. At Spa we had dedicated track which was great.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:50 PM
NormanK is infamous around these parts
The best color.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 AM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
great pic's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few shots of my 997 RS at Spa & Nordschleife