Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:30 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by brn-997tt
whats your opinion on these header:
Who makes thoose headers?

Old 07-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Oakley Design is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SirBells
where can i find cost info for your products??? carbon fiber aero, roll cage...thanks

It is expected that an announcement reference Oakley Design's US distributor will be made soon, that you will be able to recieve accurate US pricing.

(and yes they are a forum Sponsor...)

Old 07-29-2008, 03:40 AM
brn-997tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
Who makes thoose headers?
AP Car Design (Germany)

Old 07-29-2008, 01:14 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
has anyone done the Fabspeed air intake system?

from fabspeed's website:
997 GT3/GT3RS High Performance Air Intake System with BMC Air Filter $695 click to enlargeDescription:
  • Fits all 997 GT3/GT3RS Vehicles 2007+
  • GT3 cars gain +14 HP and see DYNO RESULT for all data.Fits all GT3 cars worldwide USA and European models.
  • Allows unobstructed airflow to the engine for a MAXIMUM POWER!
  • More airflow than any other system available anywhere in the world.
  • COLD AIR is force feed to the engine's airfilter by the stock FAN and snorkel. See the photo above as the FAN blows cold air directly onto the airfilter and the intake snorkel dumps cold air directly to the filter.
  • Easy to install and saves weight. CNC air craft machined with T304SS drip edge.
  • Retains stock MASS AIRFLOW sensor plastic grate and location for maximum power and no Check Engine Light.
  • More sports car sound and CUP car sound!
  • Reuse either stock OEM paper airfilter or use a K&N and or BMC F1 airfilter.
  • Easy to install and complies with emissions and factory Porsche warranty. Saves weight and looks cool and is the best and most productive upgrade for the GT3.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
you mean this? i've only met one guy with this intake and claims that he does feel more power. also.. it looks really kewl

Originally Posted by speedoflight
has anyone done the Fabspeed air intake system?

from fabspeed's website:
997 GT3/GT3RS High Performance Air Intake System with BMC Air Filter $695 click to enlargeDescription:
  • Fits all 997 GT3/GT3RS Vehicles 2007+
  • GT3 cars gain +14 HP and see DYNO RESULT for all data.Fits all GT3 cars worldwide USA and European models.
  • Allows unobstructed airflow to the engine for a MAXIMUM POWER!
  • More airflow than any other system available anywhere in the world.
  • COLD AIR is force feed to the engine's airfilter by the stock FAN and snorkel. See the photo above as the FAN blows cold air directly onto the airfilter and the intake snorkel dumps cold air directly to the filter.
  • Easy to install and saves weight. CNC air craft machined with T304SS drip edge.
  • Retains stock MASS AIRFLOW sensor plastic grate and location for maximum power and no Check Engine Light.
  • More sports car sound and CUP car sound!
  • Reuse either stock OEM paper airfilter or use a K&N and or BMC F1 airfilter.
  • Easy to install and complies with emissions and factory Porsche warranty. Saves weight and looks cool and is the best and most productive upgrade for the GT3.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:25 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
you mean this? i've only met one guy with this intake and claims that he does feel more power. also.. it looks really kewl

yeah that's the one.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
how many horse gain on that intake?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Here we go again.

Farnbacher-Loles combination of exhuast and ECU = real 450+hp on GT3

Only $9200 or so...

Old 08-11-2008, 11:39 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I need BMC air filter element only I want to use my OEM air box.It is possible?

Old 08-11-2008, 11:48 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Oakley Design
Ok, I'll go first:

Carbon Fibre Aero - (CAD designed and Wind Tunnel Optimised) - Autoclaved - the front and rear spoilers are optimised to balance (front aero works a treat!)

Rear Carbon Diffuser (flat floor) - requires rear Cup S conversion.

Carbon roof (now available and fitted (not in this image)).

4Way Suspension System - (tranforms the car) - much more complient than OE system and the front end is now what it shoud be. We found 2.5s at Estoril (Spain) with cup car with this system.

Sequential - (ask Luis who posts on here)

Alloy Race Rads (+ cup grills)

380mm Oakley Design by Brembo brakes (on this car) Also have 400mm carbon ceramics using an 8pot light weight CNC caliper and multipad (Front) and 380mm carbon ceramic with 6pot caliper and multipad (Rear) - currently fitted to Oakley 997 GT2 (awesome is not the word).

Titanium 'Supercup' Exhaust system (removes 25+ kgs) with RSR pipes finish (Cup S rear style conversion available).

Carbon Wheel (you guys know all about these)

Carbon Rear Roll Bar (cage on the way...)

Carbon Seats (2.5 kgs each!)

and more...

http://www.oakleydesign.eu
WOW

That car looks awesome and the mod list is insane. I am sure it sounds unreal with the titanium exhaust.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
That FabSpeed air-intake to me raises doubt about the design.
With this intake system they have violated the air flow vacuum that the factory decklid and airbox openning have designed.

As that filter sits in the engine compartment it looks out of place. It would be great if someone with knowledge of its design could explain.

The pic of the headers shown and exhaust set up is exactly what I have on my GT3 from FVD. If they are AP Design headers then I do not know but someone took from somebody?

BTW WildBill did you get the details and stuff about my mods?

Ranger

Old 08-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes I also dont like that filter.
I only want a better air filter element.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
This is a pic of my FVD headers and exhaust. They are exactly the same as the pic shown earlier that someone said it was AP Design.
All I know that for the price I will put the FVD headers against any other manufacturer in quality and true rwhp and torque production.
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...63/DymagWheels

Someone said that the F&L system for $9,500 made a true 450 bhp.
Well for $3,500 I will match and exceed their claims with FVD.

My GT3 dyno graphs:
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...87608065263298
Green curve = stock
Red curve = FVD headers
Blue curve = GIAC software + FVD headers
The midrange gains in rwhp and torque are far greater than the peak gains. Peak gain is almost 30 rwhp. Varies minimally due to stock rwhp has been measured between 358 to 363.

The exhaust sound is great, IMO second to none.
I will track down a video to post.

Cheers,
Ranger

Old 08-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Banned
Found an old video run. Do need to make a new video and better drive-by.

http://multimedia.fvd-web.com/FVD111...11199750RS.wmv

It is just a little ole nothing GT3.

Ranger

Old 08-18-2008, 06:35 AM
brn-997tt is infamous around these parts
wow they look exactly the same...........

http://www.ap-car-design.de/
Go to 997gt3
Motor / Getriebe

how much is the FVD system? what does it include? header/muffler, cat and exhaust?

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
This is a pic of my FVD headers and exhaust. They are exactly the same as the pic shown earlier that someone said it was AP Design.
All I know that for the price I will put the FVD headers against any other manufacturer in quality and true rwhp and torque production.
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...63/DymagWheels

Someone said that the F&L system for $9,500 made a true 450 bhp.
Well for $3,500 I will match and exceed their claims with FVD.

My GT3 dyno graphs:
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneyd...87608065263298
Green curve = stock
Red curve = FVD headers
Blue curve = GIAC software + FVD headers
The midrange gains in rwhp and torque are far greater than the peak gains. Peak gain is almost 30 rwhp. Varies minimally due to stock rwhp has been measured between 358 to 363.

The exhaust sound is great, IMO second to none.
I will track down a video to post.

Cheers,
Ranger

Last edited by brn-997tt; 08-18-2008 at 06:38 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******