Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:17 AM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brn-997tt
wow they look exactly the same...........

http://www.ap-car-design.de/
Go to 997gt3
Motor / Getriebe

how much is the FVD system? what does it include? header/muffler, cat and exhaust?
And the bottom one displayed is the same one that F-L sells.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
So after seeing this what are we to think? Are other tuners buying from AP Design or what?
As I said the FVD headers and exhaust system I have is exactly the same as AP Design. Also as mentioned by GTS-R the last pic in the AP Design website appears to be the same as the F&L header system. Crazy?
The other headers to me seem like so many redundant pipes in the rear. What about weight? That can not be much weight savings. Also ? issue of so much dead space.

brn-997tt to your question: The FVD header race system is under $4K. This is composed of the headers with 200 cell cats built into the headers, the elbow pipes which go into the center rear factory resonator. It totally deletes the factory side mufflers. That's a 42 lbs. weight savings (21lb a piece). You are now always in sport mode.
FVD does have a system with with their own side mufflers but it's more money, weight and I wasn't interested.
Frankly I have not seen any other manufacturer make more peak rwhp and most importantly midrange rwhp and rw torque.
There are alot of fancy systems out there but for me this is simple, no frills and makes the best power.
I have been waiting to see what happens with the Supersprint headers. They look very interesting but as of yet no release that I know of.

This the best BANG FOR THE BUCK my friend.

Cheers,
Ranger

Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 AM
brn-997tt is infamous around these parts
where can i order it from?

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
So after seeing this what are we to think? Are other tuners buying from AP Design or what?
As I said the FVD headers and exhaust system I have is exactly the same as AP Design. Also as mentioned by GTS-R the last pic in the AP Design website appears to be the same as the F&L header system. Crazy?
The other headers to me seem like so many redundant pipes in the rear. What about weight? That can not be much weight savings. Also ? issue of so much dead space.

brn-997tt to your question: The FVD header race system is under $4K. This is composed of the headers with 200 cell cats built into the headers, the elbow pipes which go into the center rear factory resonator. It totally deletes the factory side mufflers. That's a 42 lbs. weight savings (21lb a piece). You are now always in sport mode.
FVD does have a system with with their own side mufflers but it's more money, weight and I wasn't interested.
Frankly I have not seen any other manufacturer make more peak rwhp and most importantly midrange rwhp and rw torque.
There are alot of fancy systems out there but for me this is simple, no frills and makes the best power.
I have been waiting to see what happens with the Supersprint headers. They look very interesting but as of yet no release that I know of.

This the best BANG FOR THE BUCK my friend.

Cheers,
Ranger

Old 08-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
brn-997tt I sent you a PM.

Ranger

Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
I think the FVD system is good, but so is Farnbacher Loles.

Unless you routinely run on high hp circuits, the major advantage of these systems is torque out of the corners.

Just my $0.02.

-Gerry

Old 08-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Banned
911TurboS2 I agree about the increase torque especially out of the corners and in the midrange. I have not seen dyno graphs on the F&L system though.

A major difference is $$. The F&L set up will set you back $10K or more when it's all said and done.

To much hype with F&L and highly doubt they offer as good a weight reduction but again I've not seen numbers.

Cheers
Ranger

Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
NJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud ofNJ-GT has much to be proud of
Any pics or links to the FVD headers?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM
drqiman is infamous around these parts
How does the FVD compare to the AWE system?

Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Gus F is infamous around these parts
Great thread guys!!
I have done the LWFW a lot of carbon Fiber and interior paint on my all black 3, pictures attached...
Name:  DSC_0218.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  336.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0229.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  198.5 KB

Can somebody comment any experience with the oakley titaniun headers/exhaust system? It seems to compare really good with others in regard to HP, Torque, Weigth and Sound. Any comment?
Oakley seems to have great products and their exhaust is very appealing.

regards,

Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
My performance mods

My performance mods-
1. PCCB
2. CGT seats
3. LWFW and components
4. Short shifter
5. AWE exhaust system- soon to be FVD titanium
6. Dymag carbon/magnesium wheels
7. Oakley carbon lip/ heat shield
8. Euro RS lexan rear window
9. RS carbon decklid and wing
10. RS brake spoilers
11. Braille lightweight battery
12. RSS half roll cage
13.Fabspeed/BMC filter

Installing GMG WC suspension components soon.

Last edited by OmahaGT; 08-12-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:53 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
oakley suspension

How would Oakley's suspension hold up on the street? Any way to adjust it from in-car?

Old 08-10-2009, 04:48 PM
YSS
YSS is infamous around these parts
Evolve ECU software

has anyone used these guys? any feedback?
UK based company.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
That design is so good looking

Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
OmahaGT did the Lexan pear window change the acoustics inside the car dramatically ?

Old 04-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by RichardCH
OmahaGT did the Lexan pear window change the acoustics inside the car dramatically ?
No noticeable sound difference. There's no rear defroster and it has a slight blue/green tint though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******