Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
WildBill is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up 997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******

OK guys, if everyone is game, we can call this the official 997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread. Let's hear what you have done, what works and what don't, and would you do it again. Maybe a consolidated list of successes and failures will make it easier for those of us looking to enhance our cars performance. Approved Forum Vendors/Sponsors are welcome to post their hardware and performance claims but I would really like to hear real world results from those that have taken the plunge. Photo, Videos, graphs, dynos are welcomed and encouraged.

Thanx

Old 07-17-2008, 06:36 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
sasportas has a spectacular aura aboutsasportas has a spectacular aura about
performance mods

Lost 15lbs by choosing the "tall" rather than "grande" Mocha at Starbucks and eliminating most bread from my meals. Not sure how much horsepower I gained with this mod, but it sure makes it easier to get in and out of my car.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:34 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sasportas
Lost 15lbs by choosing the "tall" rather than "grande" Mocha at Starbucks and eliminating most bread from my meals. Not sure how much horsepower I gained with this mod, but it sure makes it easier to get in and out of my car.
i think you'll get the same intake between tall and grande. do tall non-fat. staying away from bread helps. i have trouble getting away from rice though.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Oakley Design is infamous around these parts
Ok, I'll go first:

Carbon Fibre Aero - (CAD designed and Wind Tunnel Optimised) - Autoclaved - the front and rear spoilers are optimised to balance (front aero works a treat!)

Rear Carbon Diffuser (flat floor) - requires rear Cup S conversion.

Carbon roof (now available and fitted (not in this image)).

4Way Suspension System - (tranforms the car) - much more complient than OE system and the front end is now what it shoud be. We found 2.5s at Estoril (Spain) with cup car with this system.

Sequential - (ask Luis who posts on here)

Alloy Race Rads (+ cup grills)

380mm Oakley Design by Brembo brakes (on this car) Also have 400mm carbon ceramics using an 8pot light weight CNC caliper and multipad (Front) and 380mm carbon ceramic with 6pot caliper and multipad (Rear) - currently fitted to Oakley 997 GT2 (awesome is not the word).

Titanium 'Supercup' Exhaust system (removes 25+ kgs) with RSR pipes finish (Cup S rear style conversion available).

Carbon Wheel (you guys know all about these)

Carbon Rear Roll Bar (cage on the way...)

Carbon Seats (2.5 kgs each!)

and more...

http://www.oakleydesign.eu

Last edited by Oakley Design; 07-17-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:35 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Wow!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
mods

Oh yeah, I also did the Intrax suspension from Oakley. Lost weight, gained composure from the car.

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Oakley Design are you sure about those seats. You state seats that weigh 2.5 kg. Wow that's 5.5 lbs. Frankly I find it hard to believe, if not just plain dangerous.
I have Sparco DTM CF seats that weigh 7 kg. each and that's without mounting brackets.
BTW who makes these seats? Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen Oakley Design does not make any of these products/components.

Ranger

Old 07-17-2008, 09:58 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Ok here I go:

Oakley Design sequential (OMG!)
GMG Moton,s
GMG monoball RSM
GMG sways
GMG toe-camber adj links
GMG solid bushings
Dymags
Hoosier 315 30 19
AWE exhaust
OEM RS rollbar
Brey Krause extinguisher with custom rollbar mounts
OEM Euro seats
GT2 rockers
Clear bra

Old 07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
HELP my gallery is not working !!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:44 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Oakley Design are you sure about those seats. You state seats that weigh 2.5 kg. Wow that's 5.5 lbs. Frankly I find it hard to believe, if not just plain dangerous.
I have Sparco DTM CF seats that weigh 7 kg. each and that's without mounting brackets.
BTW who makes these seats? Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen Oakley Design does not make any of these products/components.

Ranger
I'm curious about this as well. What 4 dampers are you guys using?

Originally Posted by luiscarlos
HELP my gallery is not working !!
Screw the pictures! We need in car footage of that bad boy in action!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sasportas
Oh yeah, I also did the Intrax suspension from Oakley. Lost weight, gained composure from the car.
is this bolt suppose to hang out like this?

Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2008, 04:12 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
For the price, I think I would get the Hollinger 6 speed sequential transmission that they use in the RSRs.

Oakley's carbon fiber frame looks great, if I did not already have the half cage from the factory.

I have:

-Front grill radiator guards from Sharkwerks
-996 GT3 seats (leather, from 04 GT3)
-Fire entinguisher
-muffler bypass from Sharkwerks

No car wrapped in clear film for me.

-Gerry

07 GT3 RS Clubsport

Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Exhaust systems-Any feedback?

(1) AWE Exhaust solution System highlights ($5595):
  • Thick 16 gauge 321 Stainless Steel headers
  • 200 cell German HJS catalytic converters
  • Thick 14 and 16 gauge 304 Stainless Steel mufflers and tubing
  • 16 lbs weight savings over stock
  • TIG Purge Welded for highest weld strength
  • No loss of ground clearance
  • Optional Diamond Black tips
  • Optional tailpipe turndowns for track noise limits
  • Max 11 hp over stock
(2) FVD-Brombacher GT3 Race Exhaust ($4062)

High Quality T316 Stainless Steel Construction (Increased corrosion prevention over T304).
Highly efficient German Tri Metal 200 Cell Catalytics which flow like 100 Cell
This System Weighs 42 lbs and is one complete unit. The headers are welded to the cats to allow for the perfect backpressure to produce good torque down low. This system produces 25HP and 25 lb. ft of torque (with an FVD software upgrade).
Reuses Factory tips or any other aftermarket tips that fit on the stock exhaust.
(3) Shark Werks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass System ($1900; group buy at Rennlist)

- Designed in-house and manufactured in Northern California
- Improved, more aggressive sporty sound (see videos below)
- Does not interfere with SMOG emisissions and 50 state legal
- Factory headers, catalysts side mufflers and valves retained
- Direct bolt-on replacing factory center muffler
- Compatible with either the stock or aftermarket tips
- Fits the 997 GT3 or GT3RS
- High-gloss Electro-polish finish
- Use your “sport” button to divert routing to switch from flowing through the side mufflers to a direct “bypassed” flow
- Use the non-sport mode to allow flow through the side mufflers for minimal additional interior noise and highway or daily driving.
- Real 16 pound weight savings (stock muffler weighs 20 pounds total) from the rear of the car
- 18 gauge T304 tungsten inert gas welded stainless steel

(4) Fabspeed

997 GT3/GT3RS Side Muffler Bypass Pipes $1,295
Replaces the heavy, restrictive, factory side mufflers.
By applying the side muffler bypass pipes, you save 36 lbs. from the rear of your car. Factory side mufflers = 42.4 lbs-Fabspeed bypass pipes=6.3 lbs. = 36 lbs. saved.
Side muffler bypass pipes are made from T304SS, C.N.C mandrel bent, computer numerical controlled U.S.A. mandrel bending equipment.
Simple bolt-on installation. Easy on & easy off.
Side muffler bypass pipes work with factory headers and factory rear resonator.
Fabspeed allows interchangeability between aftermarket and factory products with the use of V-Band clamps.
Exotic sound with an aggressive edge, makes your 997 GT3/GT3RS sound like a CUP car.
Complies with Porsche factory warranty. Fits all 997 cars worldwide.

997 GT3/GT3RS MAXFLO Performance Mufflers $2,395/set with tips
Simple bolt-on installation.
Allows reuse of factory sport button and therefore dual tone system.
Complies with factory Porsche warranty. Fits all cars worldwide.
Saves 10 lbs from the rear of your GT3 and significantly increases horsepower that you can feel. Strongest and finest high performance exhaust system available for all 997 GT3 / GT3RS cars worldwide.
14 - 16 gauge T304SS-- much stronger than all competitors' systems- Better quality then any tuners and guaranteed finest quality available.
Superb sports car dual tone sound, throaty and deep at idle and medium speeds. It's docile enough for the wife/girlfriend, but strong dramatic sports car sound when you floor it and go up through the gears!

There are other systems, just a few presented here. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:39 AM
mods

I know the bolt was down - just wanted to get a quick picture during the install. I can post fully installed pics of the whole set-up if anyone is interested. All I can say is "no" to PASM, and yes to good old fully adjustable set-up. An added bonus is the the four dampers are about 20 lbs lighter than stock.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Oakley Design is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
is this bolt suppose to hang out like this?

In a word: NO!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT3/RS Performance Mod Thread******