Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Gemballa GT wrecked in France

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
_JD_ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mousecatcher
how can you tell that? i don't see evidence of it being fake.
A couple things- if you look at the photo above, you notice that the drivers side outboard tip is bent/broken at the valance at a severe angle- if it were attached to a pipe, the angle wouldn't be so severe IMO. Also look at the passenger side outboard pipe- it's not in line with the real pipe next to it. It may have been dislodged by the shunt. Both inboard pipes are still perfectly aligned while the outboard "fakes" are askew.

Also, take a look at this video at around 1:25. You'll notice that there is no exhaust coming out of the outboard tips on startup, while the standard car's inboard tips have exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyCF5b6keA

Last edited by _JD_; 07-24-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:58 PM
gabrielbps is infamous around these parts
for someone who buys a SLR in cash, this is like ****.

can't stand his face too

Old 07-24-2008, 05:46 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Even with that face, he must get a lot of face time with the women. The car is not that bad, until he spun it around and hit the guard rail.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:52 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by _JD_
A couple things- if you look at the photo above, you notice that the drivers side outboard tip is bent/broken at the valance at a severe angle- if it were attached to a pipe, the angle wouldn't be so severe IMO. Also look at the passenger side outboard pipe- it's not in line with the real pipe next to it. It may have been dislodged by the shunt. Both inboard pipes are still perfectly aligned while the outboard "fakes" are askew.

Also, take a look at this video at around 1:25. You'll notice that there is no exhaust coming out of the outboard tips on startup, while the standard car's inboard tips have exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbyCF5b6keA
yes, you are right but at 3:15 to 3:19 I see smoke from both pipes closest to the camera.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:00 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I would take that car in a second. Wrecked too!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
wow.... what a shame..ruined a perfectly good car

Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by mousecatcher
how can you tell that? i don't see evidence of it being fake.
I thought about this a little more last night:
How would the headers be fabricated to run a true quad exhaust on a V10 with 5 cylinders per side? 3 into one and 2 into one? It doesn't make sense from a performance and engineering standpoint.

Also, searching the interwebs last night, I couldn't find a single picture of an exposed Gemballa GT engine, let alone the header setup. It seems to me that if they spent the time and money re-engineering the CGT's exhaust setup that Gemballa would be showing everyone and their brother the setup. Just sayin'.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Primeraman is infamous around these parts
There is a quote that comes to mind when I see that guys face in the picture. Its from Grandma's Boy for any of you who have seen it. Its the part where JP is talking in his robot voice and says "mmm, I hate your face." Its a bit off topic but that is the first thing that came into my head when I saw the picture and I loled.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Old 07-25-2008, 08:24 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I can respect Gemballa as a creative guy and company, but I think that his version of the CGT is gone too far. It is kind of ugly, especially the scoop.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 PM
rustydude0749 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
AGREED lol, sucks anyway, and damn is he hideous!

Old 07-25-2008, 01:04 PM
gt3'er is infamous around these parts
The car reeks of vanity. Even got a camera poking out on top to video the cars he's passing. Christ.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by gt3'er
The car reeks of vanity. Even got a camera poking out on top to video the cars he's passing. Christ.
It's for backing up.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
kpxguy411 is infamous around these parts
Best pic of Gemballa GT to date.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gemballa GT wrecked in France