Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My Autoweek article on the GT3 RS trip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AudiRS
wow what an amazing article.. i plan on doing the same with the M6 Kelleners sport next summer.. i will be shipping the car from lebanon to germany to drive it on the ring and revisit my tuner in dinslaken.. i will pm in a few months if you dont mind with some technical questions..
on a side note, why wouldn't you take the car back to the ring?
Mainly because of time and cost. ....In principle I will take each new trackable car for a single trip, and rent in between....

PM me any time if I can be of help

Old 07-26-2008, 11:52 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how much you could make if you bought a bunch of acreage and built a
copy of the Ring in the US. The Spa in Europe is a copy of some of the most
famous turns on famous tracks right? 14 miles would be one hell of non recuring costs for
an investment tho

Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
RMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of lightRMcG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by OldGuy
I wonder how much you could make if you bought a bunch of acreage and built a
copy of the Ring in the US. The Spa in Europe is a copy of some of the most
famous turns on famous tracks right? 14 miles would be one hell of non recuring costs for
an investment tho
Never gonna happen. The liability lawyers would kill it in a minute. It would be sanitized, restricted ,regulated to the hilt, You would have all of the green/red/white group stuff. helmet regs,tech inspections,a million miles of armco,runoff areas,marshals, and all the other nanny state stuff.

Over there they figure out that if you're an adult you make your own decisions and live with the good or bad consequences. It a key part of why its great.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Dannyjeffers is infamous around these parts
great article, thank you

Old 07-27-2008, 10:44 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RMcG
Never gonna happen. The liability lawyers would kill it in a minute. It would be sanitized, restricted ,regulated to the hilt, You would have all of the green/red/white group stuff. helmet regs,tech inspections,a million miles of armco,runoff areas,marshals, and all the other nanny state stuff.

Over there they figure out that if you're an adult you make your own decisions and live with the good or bad consequences. It a key part of why its great.
Isn't always the way things go, lawyers take all the fun out of a great idea.

I drove the ring a few months ago (Late May) and one thing I thought was ironic, road work was being done while cars were flying by (barely slowing down), yet a lot of the industrial equipment that I deal with has high levels of safety requirements for the EU then NA requires.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Isn't always the way things go, lawyers take all the fun out of a great idea.

I drove the ring a few months ago (Late May) and one thing I thought was ironic, road work was being done while cars were flying by (barely slowing down), yet a lot of the industrial equipment that I deal with has high levels of safety requirements for the EU then NA requires.

Thanks for sharing your story.
..Had the same experience at Wehrsefen this time one day. They just put put a little sped limit but you need to be aware this can happen. A huge improvement now is a giant iliminated Ring map at the entrance to the track that shows any sections that are affected.