GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997 GT2 w Pzero Corsa tyres

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Andreas_GT2 is infamous around these parts
997 GT2 w Pzero Corsa tyres

Hi everyone,
My new 997 GT2 arrived at the dealer today and I found out that it came with p zero corsas as oem tires. I thought that the 997 GT2 came only with ps cup. Anyone with similar experiece? How do the corsa copare to the psp cup? I will post some pics of my car when I pick it up tomorrow.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 AM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
I also got my GT3 with Corsa Systems. Have never driven PSCups so can't compare, but I find the Corsas to be a really good compromise between track and street.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM
SRW
SRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond reputeSRW has a reputation beyond repute
Got PS Cup on mine, but P-Zero Corsa should be equal to the PS Cup, because both are recommended for Track & Competition.

I still haven't seen a 325/30/19 from Pirelli, unless they've recently released it specifically for the GT2, not to worry Ferrari is using it too on the Scuderia 285/35.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I was suprised because its the first time I see this tire size for Corsa (325/30/19), and even now i cant find it in the Pirelli online catalogue. When the tires need replacement I will try the PSP Cup to compare them.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Oakley Design is infamous around these parts
Andreas,

The Pirelli is a stonking tyre. Very progressive on the limit and good wet or dry.

We test many tyres with our suspension / development programmes. The Pirelli PZero is our choice tyre.

M.

http://www.oakleydesign.eu

Old 07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
P- Corsas are better than the Cup in that they warm up very quickly and the grips are as equally impressive.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
My car came with CUPS and my friend with Corsa,we raced both cars and we cant notice the difference other that the Corsas fit in the wheels more round and the CUPS are more square.Like if the cups where wider.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:42 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
I had one GT3 RS delivered with Michelin, and the other with Corsas.

In the past I have made the Dealer switch the tires to Michelin, but with the RS that was not an option; so I took the Corsas

I am very impressed with them, and I got another car that came standard with them as well (Black Series). In fact, I think they are every bit as good as the Michelins, and I was biased (Michelin) to begin with.

I say, don't worry and enjoy them.. I wouldn't even bother trying Michelins the next time either. (Your rears will wear sooner than the fronts anyway, so you will only need two)

Old 07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
TripleM is infamous around these parts
Anyone know if Corsa makes 245 width now? ( Non N spec )
Coz PS Cup Non N Spec is now available in 245 vs the OEM 235

Old 07-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the advise guys,
I picked the car up yesterday and the corsas feel very good on the road. They have a lot of traction, warm up fast and the noise level is acceptable for such large size. I dont have anything to compare them with, but I like them and I think I will stick with pirelly.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
I have the Corsas system and have put 14 track days on 3 of them and about 12 on the left front. I did burn the left front off, but that was more the track than the tire. I have not driven on cups. but the corsas is as said above, good wet and dry traction, decent durability. I like it, I am going to try the R888, not that I think its all around better, but for the track at $540 per rear tire, vs 360.00 I am going to give the r888 a try. the R888 is not a good choice for the street regarding noise level.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Just picked up my GT2 yesterday. it has the ps2 cup.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
I think all the GT2 997 have CUPS.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
I think all the GT2 997 have CUPS.
???? His came with Pirelli.

The cars come with the same N-Spec Michelin Cup or Pirelli Corsa System setup the GT3-RS has. Which is better is preference, but overall reviews on the Porsche compound Michelin are not as favorable as the non-Porsche Cup Compound.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 08-01-2008, 05:25 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I thought most earlier GTs come with Cups and then the later ones have Pirelli. Threadwear on the Cups is 80 and Pirelli 60. They're both good tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 w Pzero Corsa tyres