7gt3 belt shredded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
why was wamiq_sattar last post deleted?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
didn't appear to be a legitimate user...ip traced to Illinois not San Diego

Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
sick joke probably. must be friends of richard i take it.

btw i've posted here while on business travel from taiwan but not on my 1st post.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:17 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
oh and just an update, my belt has been trouble free since.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 AM
wams is infamous around these parts
My Boxster is back...

Hello GT3 Chuck, speedoflight, jmla, M Kevin and other members of the forum,
First of all: I don’t want to start anything with any of you or flame somebody. I also apologize for this lengthy response. You guys are cool.
Several months ago, when I posted my story about Sonnen Porsche, on this forum, 6speedonline.com, you all though it was a joke. Yes, I am from San Diego, an engineer by profession and I am not afraid to use my real name, Wamiq Sattar. The reality is that what I stated were the facts. Richard Runk was terminated from employment at Sonnen Porsche. He tried to swindle my ’02 Boxster. Yes, he tried to put the car on lien sale and without any written notice to me. The work that was done with my authorization was for $180. The final bill was very close to $8000, including transmission refurbish, body paint (same as what it was, black), AOS replacement, supposed convertible hood-top repair (never needed it), oil change, etc. At the advice of local (San Diego) DMV field officer, I placed a “Courtesy Stop of Lien Sale” for 30 days. Subsequently, I went to the Superior Court of San Diego (East County) at El Cajon and placed a restraining court order on the Director of DMV to stop lien sale the title transfer. You can go to the Superior Court Website and you will find the case against DMV… what the troll once told you guys were true! Richard Runk may be nice to you; however, you have not seen his other side.
I also filed a complaint with Bureau of Automotive Repair – CA (BAR) and two of their agents from the Enforcement Division went to Mill Valley and went through each and every transaction record Sonnen Porsche had on my car [starting from dropping the car, telling them not to proceed any further (i.e. STOP any further work), all of my communication with them]. However, Richard went ahead with all of the additional work on the car and did not use his name, but that of a forged co-worker’s, on the work orders. Per Enforcement Division Agents, Sonnen Porsche had to return my car at a cost of $ Zero to me. If you wish then you can access a copy of complaint # MH 2010003147 from BAR head office at Sacramento, Ca.
On April 16, 2010 I went over to Sonnen Porsche and picked up my car...if it looks like a troll...sounds like a troll...I got back my car!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:52 AM
o you're back

wamiq, i never dismissed your story. it's gt3chuck there that likes to play hardball.

now, pics of 02 boxster at sonnen or ban.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I'm the hardball guy and you want a ban already...hey Wams...glad you got your car back and hopefully if you have another problem like that one you will approach an admin or moderator before flaming on the board with your first post...we do get a lot of trolls that post exactly that way and that is the only reason your posts were removed and you were banned...if you had approached any moderator or admin first we could have verified your info and your posts would have been allowed to stand...maybe we can get off to a better start this time

Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
to go back to the original topic... how soon does it take from the belt going to the temps going nuts?

as someone pointed out, the power steering suddenly going kaput is a great "heads up" that you gotta watch the temps.

but sometimes if you're in the middle of the freeway or otherwise unable to get to a safe space to park, i'd be worried about the high temps causing damage.

so about how long is the window of time before the temps get into the danger zone, AND how long in the danger zone before your engine gets damaged?

first time i've heard of this problem on a GT3... its happened to me in other cars though (BMW, Benz)...

Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I'm the hardball guy and you want a ban already...
lol... just messin' around

Originally Posted by hesperus
to go back to the original topic... how soon does it take from the belt going to the temps going nuts?

as someone pointed out, the power steering suddenly going kaput is a great "heads up" that you gotta watch the temps.

but sometimes if you're in the middle of the freeway or otherwise unable to get to a safe space to park, i'd be worried about the high temps causing damage.

so about how long is the window of time before the temps get into the danger zone, AND how long in the danger zone before your engine gets damaged?

first time i've heard of this problem on a GT3... its happened to me in other cars though (BMW, Benz)...

i think we need a donor engine to really figure that out.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator
those that have reported the problem (most were members who put on the light weight flywheel without changing the pulley and had the pulley come off the crank) indicated that coolant temp rose quite quickly...the loss of the alternator, power steering would also be a problem...best to pull over as soon as possible and call the flatbed..

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-25-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Tiptronic fluid

I have a few questions on the Boxster TIP:

1.) How many different transmission oil type is used to fill (chamber to chamber) in the Boxster TIP? [Isn't it one type only.]

2.) Or, is it just one oil type (like ESSO, faint pink in color), that covers the chamber containing the gears and also the differential?

3.) Does the gear section have different oil than differential?
4.) What quantity (amount in oz. or litre) of tranny oil used in the Boxster TIP? What quantity is for the gear chamber and what quantity is for the differential.

5.) Where can I get the schematic (like CAD drawing) on the TIP?

Thanks.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Administrator
wams, your questions would have a much better chance of being answered in the Boxster section...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-25-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:07 PM
GT2rainge is just really niceGT2rainge is just really niceGT2rainge is just really niceGT2rainge is just really nice
I had my 6gt2 shed its belt,turned out to be one of the tensioner pulleys,the bearing had seized up and spun itself loose then fell of and the belt got chewed up
No damage thankfully

Old 04-30-2010, 01:12 PM
GT3 Chuck,

You are correct about the question in Boxster section. I will post it there. BTW, I also have a Carrera C2 ... that's my baby! Its a fire red with TIP. Vers similar to Batmobile's (user in this forum) 996 C2.

Thanks.