Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

VRAlexanders Porsche Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 AM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
All name-calling aside, VR spends more of his time driving at *significantly* high speed on public roads with traffic than (I hope) the rest of us. He takes massive risks with his own safety (which is completely his choice) and those of people around him (which is completely *not* his choice).

One of these days, he'll kill someone, and we'll all be running to distance ourselves from him. I'm going on record now - he's dangerous, and not the good kind of dangerous.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Boosted997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PMac
All name-calling aside, VR spends more of his time driving at *significantly* high speed on public roads with traffic than (I hope) the rest of us. He takes massive risks with his own safety (which is completely his choice) and those of people around him (which is completely *not* his choice).

One of these days, he'll kill someone, and we'll all be running to distance ourselves from him. I'm going on record now - he's dangerous, and not the good kind of dangerous.
I uderstand where you are coming from but we have all raced our Porsches on the street at one time. Most of the movie he has made racing the roads were very empty and not full of traffic. And the only reason most of own the cars we do is for the simple fact that they are ment to be raced ok yeah on race track but you only live one life right.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Boosted997
I uderstand where you are coming from but we have all raced our Porsches on the street at one time. Most of the movie he has made racing the roads were very empty and not full of traffic. And the only reason most of own the cars we do is for the simple fact that they are ment to be raced ok yeah on race track but you only live one life right.
Sure, glass houses and stones, but there's a huge difference between the occasional romp from a dig to the top of third gear (which the majority of real-life street races comprise), and the seemingly pathological need VR displays to race anyone, anytime, anywhere.

There's a critical threshold that cars reach at high HP levels where they lose traction in the higher gears. In any stock Porsche, they're pretty much planted once you hit third gear. So, street-races are pretty low-risk, assuming you use your head with regard to weather/traffic/road conditions. Not much can go wrong. When we see these super-high HP cars, they'll spin the tires at 120+mph, you can lose it really easily at those speeds (recall the Viper at the Supercars Exposed showdown, or any number of YouTube clips in Supras). In these cases, you're not only concerned with traffic in your lane, but oncoming traffic, or really anyone within range of how long it takes a car to slow down sliding along a highway on its roof...

As for only living life once...

1) All the more reason to adopt a rational approach to risk assessment
2) I don't care what VR does with his own life. It's the people he risks while he has fun I care about. They only get one shot at it, as well.

Think of all those shots of him throwing the tail out amid crowded traffic in downtown LA. All it takes is one person to push a stroller out from between some parked cars, and the headlines read "Reckless internet attention ***** convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of a child."

Many of us like to have a little fun in our cars, myself included, but I don't do it where anyone gets hurt if I overestimate my skill level by 1%.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:22 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Who actually owns that car, if not VR?

PS: doing that in traffic is moronic. Hopefully he dies in a single car crash.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
NotSoMiniC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Got driftbox?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jamie
Not a very nice thing to say...he may not have the best judgement but that is no reason to wish death upon him or anyone else for that matter...

Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Well said.

Who actually owns that car, if not VR?

Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Got driftbox?
OMG good one Whats new D?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:00 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speednme
Not a very nice thing to say...he may not have the best judgement but that is no reason to wish death upon him or anyone else for that matter...
You're right. I meant 'if' it happens, hopefully he won't take anyone else. I wouldn't wish death upon anyone. Well that's not exactly true.

Edit: when I posted that, I'd just wasted 2 hours standing in line in customs at the airport and been advised that, in addition to weekly trips to the hairdresser, $50 eyeliner and $100/wk for cab rides (so she can drink with her friends) are 'necessities' for my 17 year old princess .

Last edited by jamie; 08-19-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:46 AM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Edit: when I posted that, I'd just wasted 2 hours standing in line in customs at the airport and been advised that, in addition to weekly trips to the hairdresser, $50 eyeliner and $100/wk for cab rides (so she can drink with her friends) are 'necessities' for my 17 year old princess .

Oh my friend I feel for you....ouch!

Old 08-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Got driftbox?
Yeah that would be a good tag for his Carrera GT but that car gets sideways like nothing.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Boosted997
Yeah that would be a good tag for his Carrera GT but that car gets sideways like nothing.
It's an inside joke.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:45 AM
It's an inside joke.
Didnt know.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
and $100/wk for cab rides (so she can drink with her friends) are 'necessities' for my 17 year old princess .
Good for her that she will use the cab rides rather than borrowing keys of your Porsches.