Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Winter Storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:06 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Edgemontvillage
Tim, thanks for the feedback. I do plan to attend the next BBC September 6 unless the weather is marginal. Just got my Form 2 from RIV a few minutes ago so I'll be off the Canadian Tire for the Federal / Provincial Inspections (...CT...I can't stand it...).
Be careful with CT, they might fail you for you tires...not enough tread depth on the MPSC. If you need I have a set of new MPS2's that you can borrow. Not mounted on wheels yet.

Ed

Old 08-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Be careful with CT, they might fail you for you tires...not enough tread depth on the MPSC. If you need I have a set of new MPS2's that you can borrow. Not mounted on wheels yet.

Ed
Thanks for the caution and generous offer Ed. Barrier checked the tread depth on the MPSC's and both far exceed the minimum requirement. I also have a set of MPS2's mounted on Carrera Classics from my C4S that I can bolt on in a pinch

Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Thanks for the caution and generous offer Ed. Barrier checked the tread depth on the MPSC's and both far exceed the minimum requirement. I also have a set of MPS2's mounted on Carrera Classics from my C4S that I can bolt on in a pinch
I have had RIV checks with CT, and they make stuff up. They failed a car I was bringing in because there were no working lights behind some corner markers. The markers were reflectors!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Edgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura aboutEdgemontvillage has a spectacular aura about
I have had RIV checks with CT, and they make stuff up. They failed a car I was bringing in because there were no working lights behind some corner markers. The markers were reflectors!
Got my temporary permit this afternoon and I'll be at Main St Cdn Tire in the AM - last time there with the C4S was a breeze - could have had something to do with the fact the Shop Manager is a car guy, drives a Dinan modded M3. Hope he's not on a day off!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Got my temporary permit this afternoon and I'll be at Main St Cdn Tire in the AM - last time there with the C4S was a breeze - could have had something to do with the fact the Shop Manager is a car guy, drives a Dinan modded M3. Hope he's not on a day off!
How did it go today Lloyd?

Old 08-23-2008, 10:15 AM
How did it go today Lloyd?
Hey Ed, got to Canadian Tire at the open, no issues although the boys couldn't quite figure out the Sport Cups - they just ain't like their Motomasters ! Got the Provincial and Federal inspections in-hand by 9:00am and was registered, insured and on the road in another hour. What fun. Drove around North Vancouver for a while then back to the office. Looking forward to some seat time on the weekend! Thanks for all your help and encouragement Ed!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Great news Lloyd, I am sure that you must be really happy. It felt like eternity for me, must have been worse for you!

I am thinking of driving out to watch the auto cross (with my son) tomorrow. Let me know if you want to go for a drive.

Ed

Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 PM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
First off, i think we are having this discussion way to early. I put 50lbs in the tires and use a maintainer. I like to start it 2x per month let it warm up a bit and move the oil around.