Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Opinions on GMG vs Sharkwerks exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:34 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Teddy
Where's the best place to buy both? Direct, or any sponsors selling cheaper??
Thanks
Call alex or Dan directly @ SW. They will hook you up and answer any questions you may have, 510 651 0300.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Where's the best place to buy both? Direct, or any sponsors selling cheaper??
Thanks
You'll get it cheapest from them direct either GMG or Sharkwerks.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
both sharkwerks and gmg designs are so closely match, i highly doubt there's any noticeable sound difference. pick one: stock tips (sharkwerks. they also have larger tips replacement if you like) or gmg's (theirs is one piece and does not reuse the stock tips).

Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
RMA4 is infamous around these parts
Buy them direct from Alex at Sharkwerks. Sharkswerks is a sponsor.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We have several dealers throughout the country or you can always purchase from us directly.

Feel free to drop me an email or call the shop if you are ready to place an order.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:43 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I heard the GMG last weekend and it's not much different from the SW.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Opinions ?? The GMG looks very stout and is one piece, less parts to break maybe? I see a lot of Sharkwerks supporters here... any difference in sound?
Thanks
huh? skarkwerks' also one piece.
zero drone.
pipe diameter is different and sounds different too.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 PM
RasrGirl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AZ997TT
Wow, I was supposed to have a cup car and the RS up at Laguna this weekend. I would have been PO if i had drug my car up there and not been able to run it.
There's a quick fix for your problem. Look at the pipes on the back of my pic. That was done in 15 minutes. OR you can short-shift as you pass the sound meter (*after turn 4). OR you can disconnect that part the guys are talking about and replace it with a little "tube" (sorry i can't use technical terms). If you call GMG or maybe sharkwerks they will know about the quick fix, I'm sure.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
i heard the GMG bypass last weekend and it sounds similar to the Sharkwerks bypass. my observations are:

1) at idle, the Sharkwerks sounds louder and deeper then the GMG
2) the GMG has wider tips, perhaps 95mm vs the 83mm Sharkwerks
3) the GMG sticks out more then the Sharkwerks by 1" or so (sharkwerks reuses oem tipss)
4) since GMG is a solid piece, there is not much room for error when doing the installation. but since the Sharkwerks uses the oem tips, you can still adjust up/down/left/right and or upgrade to different style tips.

overall both are good.. but i prefer the sharkwerks so i can one day upgrade to different tips

Old 09-04-2008, 04:09 AM
BryanF is infamous around these parts
For me it's got to be sharkwerks...

The only people not happy are the cyclists who get scared s**tless and the people whose car alarms are set off as I drive down the street.

The best value for money (smile per mile ) mod you can get !!!!!!!

BryanF

Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Anyone here try the Quicksilver titanium system?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
You won't go wrong with either choice. I went with GMG, as I am only about 7 miles from them. They also did the install, and I could not be happier. I have the bypass unplugged, and you won't believe the comments I get when I blip to downshift, and then the burbling. See attached. I think the tips are just the right length in relation to the bumper.

Attached Images  

Last edited by chardonet; 09-04-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
i heard the GMG bypass last weekend and it sounds similar to the Sharkwerks bypass. my observations are:

1) at idle, the Sharkwerks sounds louder and deeper then the GMG
2) the GMG has wider tips, perhaps 95mm vs the 83mm Sharkwerks
3) the GMG sticks out more then the Sharkwerks by 1" or so (sharkwerks reuses oem tipss)
4) since GMG is a solid piece, there is not much room for error when doing the installation. but since the Sharkwerks uses the oem tips, you can still adjust up/down/left/right and or upgrade to different style tips.

overall both are good.. but i prefer the sharkwerks so i can one day upgrade to different tips
The problem is finding a good looking tip for a reasonable price.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
thanks for the kind words fellas and glad you like them... So much so we'll make another run

Stay "tuned" for an announcement soon for those with the bypass:P

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
Anyone here try the Quicksilver titanium system?

great way to waste money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions on GMG vs Sharkwerks exhaust