Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

EVO: Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 vs. Porsche GT2 vs. F430 Scud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 AM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
Here is an interesting video. I am sure there will be Z06 fans flaming... but it is what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb4xJRMrAwA

Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 AM
KandyRedCoi is infamous around these parts
i think most of you guys missed the point that the 430Scud owned both its competitors...rotfl

Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi
i think most of you guys missed the point that the 430Scud owned both its competitors...rotfl

Funny how last year in the EVO COTY issue (which is easily their most scrutinized comparison) the Scuderia was owned by the considerably cheaper and "slower" GT3 RS

The fastest and most expensive isn't always the "best"....Porsche has been proving this for decades.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
^ i was just referring to the article at hand, Lotus IMO is BEST at beating cars/teams/manufacturers with quadruple the budget, and by no means are Porsches "cheap" nowadays

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
interesting numbers for the gt2. i agree with e36mmm, they need new drivers. Better yet, let me go out there and show these guys !!!

Old 10-06-2008, 11:48 PM
LamboRick is infamous around these parts
Owned? More like barely escaping embarrassment.

The 430S is a stripped down, light weight track car. The Gallardo still retains all kinds of creature comforts. That says quite a lot for the Gallardo's change into the LP560-4, so I hardly call that owning.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:28 AM
^its not whether you win by an inch or a mile...

...should i keep going...

winning is wining...if you loose, your Pwned nontheless
x100

so lambo should build a lighter more track oriented car to beat the ferrari then, until they do...too bad they got owned LOL

Old 10-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
^ i was just referring to the article at hand, Lotus IMO is BEST at beating cars/teams/manufacturers with quadruple the budget, and by no means are Porsches "cheap" nowadays
totally agree regarding Lotus.....Exige-S

That said, Porsche's GT3 RS's MSRP is about half of the Scuderia and the Lambo Gallardo Superleggera....both of which were beat by the RS in the EVO COTY. I know it's not cheap by any means, but when compared to the Scud and Lambo....the RS is a bargain basement deal.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
^agree!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
those number for the GT2 are WAYYYY off...motortrend ran 11.4@128 mph and 0-100 in 7 seconds...its a faster car than both the lambo and ferrari, and if it had a good driver, it would be faster on the track too.
the lambo and ferrari dont even come close to touching the GT2s time on the 'ring'...this is just a joke of a test with the horrible driver skills of the evo testers.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Obviously GT2 is capable of faster 1/4 mile times judging by its 122mph trap speed, but 11.7 for the LP560 is not that impressive either, that car can run low 11's no problem. C'mon you guys know better than to look at 1/4 mile times, its the trap speeds that you should look at to really compare these cars and its clear that the Scud and LP560 are definitely ahead of the GT2 in terms of top end pull. As far as track times, we already know that LP560 is a faster than GT2 on most tracks from R&T "Ultimate Track Test." Scud would obviously be slightly faster than LP560, however, when Lambo releases LP560 Superlagerra, it would probably be faster yet... so again no surprises here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6944

Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
sono un tifosi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tuskir
Obviously GT2 is capable of faster 1/4 mile times judging by its 122mph trap speed, but 11.7 for the LP560 is not that impressive either, that car can run low 11's no problem. C'mon you guys know better than to look at 1/4 mile times, its the trap speeds that you should look at to really compare these cars and its clear that the Scud and LP560 are definitely ahead of the GT2 in terms of top end pull. As far as track times, we already know that LP560 is a faster than GT2 on most tracks from R&T "Ultimate Track Test." Scud would obviously be slightly faster than LP560, however, when Lambo releases LP560 Superlagerra, it would probably be faster yet... so again no surprises here:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6944
shame the scuderia wasn't in there, really every big time magazine i have seen, also a ton of new videos on the internet have all chosen the scuderia, now i am very biased toward ferrari, but that aside right now, the scuderia is far different from the lamborghini, the lamborghini has heated seats, radio, alot more stuff a playboy would want, the scuderia is for more of guys like us that love the track and just fun in general. imo the gt2 is closer to the scuderia than the lamborghini, but nowhere have i seen that the gt2 is as good performance wise as the ferrari.