Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 to 997 GT3RS Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:01 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
It better be in the shop this Saturday when I stop by!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WyattH
It better be in the shop this Saturday when I stop by!!!!!!

It will be here Wyatt, here are some of the last parts that needed to be painted. Basically just need reassembly, the problem with that is every one piece of the car we put back together seems like requires five steps prior to doing the first thing. Even after trying to assemble almost all of the car prior to painting. Mostly just a lot of small electrical differences between the 997 and 996. Plugs and sockets, etc. Taillamps, third brake light, door microswitches, turn signals, fog lights, parklamps, all the little things that on an ordinary reassemble just plug in. Just like the body panels nearly the same, but not exactly. Hopefully it should go quickly from this point.

Attached Images   
Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looking forward to seeing the completed project Joe.

Based on what I have seen thus far, it will be amazing.

Ed

Old 10-30-2008, 03:43 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
cool project, did the whole project cost more than the gt3rs itself?

Old 10-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SRatha
cool project, did the whole project cost more than the gt3rs itself?
i know Joe got the GT3 for an amazing price since it was damaged and since he owns the body shop he saves ALOT on that side of things. Overall this project is WAY under $150k... WAY UNDER

Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
I'd venture a guess that it's still close to the price of a used 7GT3, though? That's a lot of new OEM Porsche parts...

Joe - save some of that Satin paint for my wheels.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:16 AM
kugmo is infamous around these parts
Great post, any update on how did this project went? Look at how totaled the car was...poor thing! It's a miracle though as there was no suspension damage.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
The car is virtually done, needs to be detailed and then take some good pictures. I drove it home today and of course it was raining. It sure drives, sounds, and looks like a race car. I will get some pics up soon.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:33 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Joeacc
The car is virtually done, needs to be detailed and then take some good pictures. I drove it home today and of course it was raining. It sure drives, sounds, and looks like a race car. I will get some pics up soon.
Can't wait...are you going to NACE this year??

Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by ///M_Chap
Can't wait...are you going to NACE this year??
No, but we are heading out for SEMA on Wednesday. SEMA is just so much more fun than NACE. Here are a couple of pics. It was dark and raining today so I will get some better ones up maybe tomorrow hopefully.

Attached Images     
Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
badass!!! more pics please!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:15 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
absolutely fantastic job man. congratulations!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Awesome!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys, I really want to get some quality pics up. You can really see the carbon accents; wheels, mirrors, spoiler, etc. in the sun against the matte black.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Love it apart from the wheels! Offset is off especially in the back.

What a dramatic conversion compared to what it looked like when you first got it. First class job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 to 997 GT3RS Conversion