Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 to 997 GT3RS Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Some more pictures with the back end together. The new MA Shaw engine lid/spoiler needed a little bit of work, mostly on the gaps between the quarters and taillights.

Attached Images     

Last edited by Joeacc; 09-22-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
RT door handle ISgetting welded in, LT door bodywork done and in first prime, LT quarter in final prime, RT quarter in 2nd prime. Fenders needed quite a bit of work, we had a choice to either cut the hood or cut into the fiberglass fenders, we chose the fenders.

Attached Images     

Last edited by Joeacc; 09-22-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Some pics of the awe exhaust install. We put it on, the quality and sound is excellent, but the muffler cans hung below the rear bumper. I am not sure if that is the way it mounts on the 997 GT3, an inch or inch and a half would be OK, but it was more like 3.5 inches. Too much for my liking, so we cut some of the pipes up and remounted the mufflers higher so that the rear bumper would cover most of the muffler up. You can see the muffler on the right is higher than the unmodified one on the left. In the pictures I posted earlier you can see the final product.

Attached Images   
Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
That is nuts Joey, crazy work!

Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
lookin' good!

Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I am telling everyone...these guys rock!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
dayum....

Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
GiulySRQ is infamous around these parts
is there any part of this car that has not been cut and reshaped??
i highly doubt it

the full red taillights are 100% the way to go
and props on the door handles..
cant tell the difference!!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Wow, Joe!

Car is looking great, are you replacing the interior parts?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
more pics please

Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Joe do you still have the stock seats?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Wow, Joe!

Car is looking great, are you replacing the interior parts?
I am doing a carbon fiber/black leather look along with installing a 2.1 pcm. Carbon fiber steering wheel, cluster surround, vents, upper windshield pieces, the thin pieces on the dash, shifter, e-brake handle, and a couple of pieces on the console, and cgt seats. Then the lower console, heater controls, upper center vents, plastic tray, pcm, and the 997 GT3RS clubsport package rollbar all painted GT silver. Here is a picture of the pained pcm that GuilySRQ took apart for me and reassembled after I painted it. We are still in the process of trying to get sound out of the speakers with it installed. We are going to wire in the factory bose amp up front in the tub and bring the speaker wires forward to it, and install the fiber optic cable btween the bose amp and the pcm. Hopefully this will complete the pcm install. I have yet to ever see a 996 GT3 with factory nav installed.

Outside I have carbon fiber mirror inserts, upper front bumper vent, engine intake ducts, rear spoiler, and 360 forged CF5's. Wheels are going to be carbon fiber centers with black barrells and a GT silver pinstripe. Should be a combination of Carbon fiber parts on GT silver that I haven't seen yet.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Joeacc; 09-23-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Joe do you still have the stock seats?
Sorry, no Vince I sold them already.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Joeacc
I am doing a carbon fiber/black leather look along with installing a 2.1 pcm. Carbon fiber steering wheel, cluster surround, vents, upper windshield pieces, the thin pieces on the dash, shifter, e-brake handle, and a couple of pieces on the console, and cgt seats. Then the lower console, heater controls, upper center vents, plastic tray, pcm, and the 997 GT3RS clubsport package rollbar all painted GT silver. Here is a picture of the pained pcm that GuilySRQ took apart for me and reassembled after I painted it. We are still in the process of trying to get sound out of the speakers with it installed. We are going to wire in the factory bose amp up front in the tub and bring the speaker wires forward to it, and install the fiber optic cable btween the bose amp and the pcm. Hopefully this will complete the pcm install. I have yet to ever see a 996 GT3 with factory nav installed.

Outside I have carbon fiber mirror inserts, upper front bumper vent, engine intake ducts, rear spoiler, and 360 forged CF5's. Wheels are going to be carbon fiber centers with black barrells and a GT silver pinstripe. Should be a combination of Carbon fiber parts on GT silver that I haven't seen yet.
Nice job, I hope I can make it down to see you next week.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Joeacc

wow...!!! thats awesome. just want to make sure but.. is that a 2.1 PCM? kinda looks different from what i had. here's the one i had for reference

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 to 997 GT3RS Conversion