Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 GT3 to 997 GT3RS Conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by WyattH
Joe, this is madness!!! Can't wait to see it when you're finished. You'll make Dale and Kevin weak in the knees!

Yeah, I have been actually pretty patient so far. We have got quite a bit done in 3.5 months with the amount of actual time we have worked on it. I know how long these projects can take, but still the closer to completion, and as more parts still trinkle in, my excitement grows. I am ready to start painting some of the rear parts next. Engine lid, rear bumper, and the panel in between the engine lid and the back glass might be painted by next week; depending on work load and we just had our baby girl on Thursday along with our 11 month old son. Definately never a shortage of things to do .

Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 AM
GiulySRQ is infamous around these parts
the wheels are sick!!!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:41 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Joeacc
Yeah, I have been actually pretty patient so far. We have got quite a bit done in 3.5 months with the amount of actual time we have worked on it. I know how long these projects can take, but still the closer to completion, and as more parts still trinkle in, my excitement grows. I am ready to start painting some of the rear parts next. Engine lid, rear bumper, and the panel in between the engine lid and the back glass might be painted by next week; depending on work load and we just had our baby girl on Thursday along with our 11 month old son. Definately never a shortage of things to do .
Looks like we are going to have 2 car nuts in this area with young kids. Btw, your wife is looking strong for just having a baby.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:34 PM
slidingk1 is infamous around these parts
It's good to know that there is a good body guy in the Seattle area that still does "custom" work most people have went away from it for only collision repair. Keep up the great standards.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Congrats x a million on the new family addition. Way cooler than any car.
Tell the wifey I say hello and hope all is well.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Talking Congradulations!!!

Joe! congradulations on thenew baby girls i hadnet read your post i had just seen the wheels. i heard yesterday from my parents. i cant wait to meet her and nor can the family! we loved the pictures.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Some updates to the project. Finally got sound out of the stereo with the pcm 2.1 conversion, painted the roll bar, and painted the rear bumper, engine lid, and a couple of other pieces so far. When I got the new wheels on the car I decided the car needed to be black, so outside will be black and the interior will still have some painted gt silver parts. The car is almost ready for paint and reassembly, getting closer.

Attached Images     
Old 10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Joe,

I can't wait to see the finished work, looks good so far.

Sorry I didn't have time to see you when I was last in Seattle.

Ed

Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
A couple more pictures I liked, look at the rear track with the RS quarters.

Attached Images   
Old 10-15-2008, 08:58 PM
doba_c is infamous around these parts
wow ... great job !

Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Black

the wheels look awsome on the car and the black will be killer...
yet i foresee A LOT of sanding an polishing on yet another perfect Porshe

Old 10-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by GiulySRQ
the wheels look awsome on the car and the black will be killer...
yet i foresee A LOT of sanding an polishing on yet another perfect Porshe

Thanks Giulliano, the wheels do look killer. I haven't posted detailed pics of them on the car yet because I think it will look better all together at the right ride height.
But, no there will not be one tiny bit of sanding and polishing, I won't even touch the buffer. Out of the gun and reassemble.
A couple of more pics of parts that have trickled in and custom hood hinges. 996 base part with 997 hood part.

Attached Images    
Old 10-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Joeacc
Some updates to the project. Finally got sound out of the stereo with the pcm 2.1 conversion, painted the roll bar, and painted the rear bumper, engine lid, and a couple of other pieces so far. When I got the new wheels on the car I decided the car needed to be black, so outside will be black and the interior will still have some painted gt silver parts. The car is almost ready for paint and reassembly, getting closer.
great progress how is the CF scoops going to be mounted? normally there are holes on the RS decklid and studs on the scoops.. i dont them in the picture.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
great progress how is the CF scoops going to be mounted? normally there are holes on the RS decklid and studs on the scoops.. i dont them in the picture.

That is exactly how they mount, the studs are in the scoops and there are holes in the decklid, you just can't see them in the pics. Here are a couple more pics of interior parts.

Attached Images    
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
very nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 to 997 GT3RS Conversion