Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

ctr3 nearly ready

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
wow. finally, the car is a reality!

can't wait to hear more about it! pls share details and of course driving impressions when you finally have her!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:21 AM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
OH MY!!!!! That looks like one hell of a car. We will need a lot more pictures of that beast!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
JackGt3 has a spectacular aura aboutJackGt3 has a spectacular aura about
http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/gt/1...-ctr-pics.html

Hugo is this more of your car as well? Congrats man!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Congrats Hugo! she's a beauty! Keep us posted as she nears completion!

Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Why can't Porsche give us something like that?!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
The Doctor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCCayman
Why can't Porsche give us something like that?!
The Carrera GT, no?

Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Erik has a spectacular aura aboutErik has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by The Doctor
The Carrera GT, no?
Looking in the history books are you?

Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
We need a current production car that will run the ring faster than the 7:15 posted by the EDO 996 GT2 in 1995.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by USCCayman
We need a current production car that will run the ring faster than the 7:15 posted by the EDO 996 GT2 in 1995.
wasn't that car designed to break the record? sure it was street legal and all, but i can't imagine it would be a very pleasant daily drive.

I seriously doubt the CTR3 will be capable of beating a 7:15; likely in the 7:20's. But knowing Ruf, it will have been a very well rounded car-- genuinely easy to drive around town at walking speeds and in start-stop traffic, with refinement rivalling a stock 997 Turbo...

Old 09-03-2008, 01:20 PM
This car was reported to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 hp when it was introduced. I bet it can turn a rather fast lap at the 'ring, unless this customer car is producing less power than the original.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:59 AM
littlemj is infamous around these parts
As said before:

What a looker!!! Can`t wait for your opinion of the first drive...

All the best with the CTR3 (as well as with the others!)

Greets

Simon

Old 09-05-2008, 02:32 AM
hugo is infamous around these partshugo is infamous around these parts
Had my first drive on Wed - the car is a total blast,it's like nothing i have driven before - explosive even violent but sharp and responsive at the same time,amazing pulling power,imediate turn in, very powerfull brakes and that back view camera thing gives a perfectly positioned very high quality constant view of what's at the back.
The sequential box works very well although noisy at low revs.
I need more time with the car to really form a firm opinion but for now i am totally satisfied and completely turned on
Will pick her up by the end of next week,hopefully the dash board and brand new instruments will be ready(comletely new and not Porsche sourced at all)

This week is going to be a long one......

Old 09-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by hugo
Will pick her up by the end of next week,hopefully the dash board and brand new instruments will be ready(comletely new and not Porsche sourced at all)

This week is going to be a long one......
please post pics as soon as you can! actually that was a major disappointment for me when i saw the car in Bahrain... its special alright, but the interior is still 100% 997... for something so rare, i was looking for something a bit different. nice to hear they've done something about it!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:13 AM
neilwight is infamous around these parts
stunning.....absolutely stunning.
this for is is what the carrera GT should have looked like. i cant stand the looks of the GT though appreciate its engineering massively.
this is one beautiful car though

Old 09-05-2008, 11:45 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Hugo, Big congrats man. That truly is a piece of art!! Enjoy in the best of health and spirits!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ctr3 nearly ready