Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

ESR Roll Bar Now Available & Installed in Orange RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
ESR Roll Bar Now Available & Installed in Orange RS

Just a heads up for you guys looking to get the Porsche Tequipment 997 roll bar.... you can't anymore as we found out Anyways, I thought I'd show you the ESR bolt-in bar as an alternative that we've been using on an orange RS that we've been "fiddling" with (our bypass, screens and the usual).

It's easier to not only remove the seats but safer to remove the steering wheel too and give you as much room as possible. If you're diy'ing this yourself remember to have a second person help you "guide" it in and line the door sills with something (preferably scratch-proof!).

And here's a green one:

The ESR roll bar was designed to fit and work with the factory stock seats as well. However if you're planning on running 5-6 point harnesses then you should really use some bucket/race seats. It's available from SharkWerks, RSS and EVOMS.

This roll bar is just a replacement bar for the Porsche Tequipment one which is no longer available and bolts-in the same way. If you're doing any sort of club-racing or semi-pro stuff you would need to get a serious cage from the likes of Tony@TC Design. This one is just for DE's and being able to use harnesses.

For more into:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=187

Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
DDMotorsports is infamous around these parts
Great looking bar, but those mounting points scare the crap out of me. Where exactly do they bolt to?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DDMotorsports
Great looking bar, but those mounting points scare the crap out of me. Where exactly do they bolt to?
Cheers DDMotorsports... in terms of the mounting they are _exactly_ the same as the Factory Porsche Clubsport/Tequipment roll bar on the rear and seat belt side mount points on the side. As stated the Tequipment one is no longer available to us in the US (just in Europe) and for those that just need something for harnesses etc... this fits the bill where Porsche's used to. For the RS's we've also done the factory RS roll bar that also secures into the rear shock towers and then we weld plates into the floor (since US cars don't have the mounts). For the serious club-racer we always recommend they see Tony@TC Design and get a real weld-in cage though.

Last edited by sharkster; 09-10-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 PM
DDMotorsports is infamous around these parts
Right on. They probably know more than I do so I guess its ok. I have just never seen any roll bar mount to the side.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by DDMotorsports
Right on. They probably know more than I do so I guess its ok. I have just never seen any roll bar mount to the side.
You can actually check out this video of the Factory Porsche roll bar being installed I found on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2eZjKpYd4

You'll see where all of these types of bolt-in bars secure to.

Or one installed here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-roll-bar.html
and
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...bar-today.html

Last edited by sharkster; 09-09-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:37 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Interesting. It looks exactly like GMG's original World Challenge bar.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
in terms of the mounting they are _exactly_ the same as the Factory Porsche Clubsport/Tequipment roll bar on the rear shock towers and seat belt mount points on the side.
alex, im a bit confused. from your comments, your saying that this RB mounts to the rear shock towers and also to the front seat belts? but looking at your pics, it looks like it mounts to the seatbelts where the back seats would be. i've attached a picture of my DAS bar for reference which clearly mounts to the rear shock towers and not to the back seat seatbelt mounts.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Daytonaviolet; 09-10-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Sie_motor88 is infamous around these parts
That is by far the best RS i have ever seen in my life

Old 09-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
alex, im a bit confused. from your comments, your saying that this RB mounts to the rear shock towers and also to the front seat belts? but looking at your pics, it looks like it mounts to the seatbelts where the back seats would be. i've attached a picture of my DAS bar for reference which clearly mounts to the rear shock towers and not to the back seat seatbelt mounts.
Sorry, late night and I was referring to the RS roll bar which does:P Absolutely correct

Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 AM
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Interesting. It looks exactly like GMG's original World Challenge bar.
Not sure who made it for them but there's only a few manufacturers out there. The green one is pictured at RSS.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
toadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud oftoadinlaw has much to be proud of
Alex, why is the Porsche Tequipment one which is no longer available, I have it installed, why is it not being sold?? If you know.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by toadinlaw
Alex, why is the Porsche Tequipment one which is no longer available, I have it installed, why is it not being sold?? If you know.
Hey Frank, that's what we all wanted to know but nobody has given us a definite answer;(

Old 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Not sure who made it for them but there's only a few manufacturers out there. The green one is pictured at RSS.
Makes good sense.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
BTW... be safe at Thill... I wonder if we should do the software before or after

Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
BTW... be safe at Thill... I wonder if we should do the software before or after
yes.. hopefully i'll never have to really test the RB how about we do the SW after SR on saturday?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ESR Roll Bar Now Available & Installed in Orange RS