Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 07:52 AM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Ranger is dead on correct. You can't beat the viper ACR if you are looking for a track car that is street legal. It will beat everything available price no object. The key is not the power, but the aero. The power certainly helps alot though. Just compare the differences between the non-ACR viper and the ACR viper to prove how much difference the aero makes. The ACR is a car that likely we will never see the likes of again. I hope to add one to garage.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by george3
Absolutely nothing boring about the 7 GT3.
Yes, it appears that I'm looking at pricey replacements. The reality is I just have curiousity about those cars. The likely replacement will need to be at least a 50% of value change difference to make sense to me.
So, the search is still on.

Honestly, you need to just keep the GT3 and buy an E46 M3 to really thrash at the track. They can be bought cheap these days, are balanced, fun to drive, reliable and very capable on track. It's going to take a few years before there are wealth of performance products available for the E92 M3, and again, it's still a pretty pricey car to be willing to write off at the track.

There are plenty of guys on this board who currently own GT3's who previously owned M3's and would readily admit it's a great car, especially for the price. It's been a classic "gateway" car to the GT3, which is a compliment to the M3 in itself. It's no GT3, but it offers a similar type of driver involvement and reward, albeit at lower levels. It's also a bit easier to learn to drive at the absolute limit because of the 50/50 weight distribution.

We all leave speed on the table at the track, this way you have the best of both worlds, the GT3 for "fun" at the track, and the E46 M3 for driving 10/10ths while trying to take back some of that speed. That's my plan.

Ask "Daytona Violet" or "///M Kevin" on this board.....they currently have both.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:14 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
E46 or even a E36 would be great for the track

Old 09-15-2008, 08:26 AM
george3 is infamous around these partsgeorge3 is infamous around these parts
Yes, I've heard good things about the BMW's.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Stripped E46 M3 would be perfect...and you can pick up the older models (01-03) for right around or under 30k....strip it and add 10-12k on mods and you've got a pretty fun car for the track.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Where would I find a stripped and already set up M3 ??

Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !

Ohhh Hell Yeah!!!
C2Mojo -- I am eagerly anticipating a full post with pics and write up!
I have yet to see one in person, but what a car.
Congratulations -- you will like the KWs

Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 AM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Where would I find a stripped and already set up M3 ??
I'll search around M3forum for you...there was one on Ebay a month or so ago, not sure if it sold or not though.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
here you go, not the one I was referring to but still pretty sweet...sorry the link is not hooking up but it will work if you cut and paste

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E46-BMW-M3-GT-Spares-Factory-PTG-built_W0QQitemZ280264372006QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m280264372006&_trkparms=39:1|65:1|240:1318&_trksid =p4506.c0.m245

Last edited by ///M_Chap; 09-15-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Wow. Nice car.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mvez
Honestly, you need to just keep the GT3 and buy an E46 M3 to really thrash at the track. They can be bought cheap these days, are balanced, fun to drive, reliable and very capable on track. It's going to take a few years before there are wealth of performance products available for the E92 M3, and again, it's still a pretty pricey car to be willing to write off at the track.

There are plenty of guys on this board who currently own GT3's who previously owned M3's and would readily admit it's a great car, especially for the price. It's been a classic "gateway" car to the GT3, which is a compliment to the M3 in itself. It's no GT3, but it offers a similar type of driver involvement and reward, albeit at lower levels. It's also a bit easier to learn to drive at the absolute limit because of the 50/50 weight distribution.

We all leave speed on the table at the track, this way you have the best of both worlds, the GT3 for "fun" at the track, and the E46 M3 for driving 10/10ths while trying to take back some of that speed. That's my plan.

Ask "Daytona Violet" or "///M Kevin" on this board.....they currently have both.
EXACTLY, everyone thinks I am crazy because of my crazy love for the E46 M3's, but they just do not understand.. Even after what I have experienced/had and driven the M3 is still in the top 5 of the most fun/usable cars to drive... Then on the track setup nicely ? It's just a blast!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Falken is infamous around these parts
if the Viper ACR peaks your interest but you want a 100% track car thats not street legal like a Cup Car...you could look into picking up a Viper Competition Coupe. They come 100% totally stripped, full aero and all the viper power.

home page
http://www.vipercompetitioncoupe.com/home/home.html

a quick summary
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

They can be found used and mods can develop serious HP.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:17 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Wow. Nice car.
your sig has evo viii. track the heck out of that at 10/10ths. keep the gt3 for the weekends.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
EXACTLY, everyone thinks I am crazy because of my crazy love for the E46 M3's, but they just do not understand.. Even after what I have experienced/had and driven the M3 is still in the top 5 of the most fun/usable cars to drive... Then on the track setup nicely ? It's just a blast!
If someone thinks you are crazy for loving an E46 M3, they haven't driven one. The GT3 is at the top of my list, but the M3 is the only car I'll drive until the 7GT3 becomes feasible for me.

The balance of the car allows you to experiment with car control, and that is the REALLY rewarding part. The problem with super-human cars like the ACR, is that their limits and mechanical grip are so high, that when you exceed them, you better be a great driver to be able to manage it properly.

I'll look around through my channels to see if anyone is selling a track-prepped E46 for anyone interested.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
430 scud

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?