Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mvez
If someone thinks you are crazy for loving an E46 M3, they haven't driven one. The GT3 is at the top of my list, but the M3 is the only car I'll drive until the 7GT3 becomes feasible for me.

The balance of the car allows you to experiment with car control, and that is the REALLY rewarding part. The problem with super-human cars like the ACR, is that their limits and mechanical grip are so high, that when you exceed them, you better be a great driver to be able to manage it properly.

I'll look around through my channels to see if anyone is selling a track-prepped E46 for anyone interested.
Check out my response on another forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhinkle
Have you ever driven a Porsche with say, 250-350hp?

There are no substitutes, especially porky M3's.

Yes sir I have, not to the extreme as you have though (lightened up/race ready) but stock 993 C2S, 964....

The M3 does need some work, but overall the way you can control it under the limits is unbelievable, hardly any car from my experience was so composed on the edge like that car, the balance was spectacular. I had so much fun in mine through the stages of stock to heavily modified, even stock I was able to wring it out and pull good times. Very predictable

Old 09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PJS
Ohhh Hell Yeah!!!
C2Mojo -- I am eagerly anticipating a full post with pics and write up!
I have yet to see one in person, but what a car.
Congratulations -- you will like the KWs
My local dodge dealer has one at the factory, Red/Black, that we're working on
finalizing. He wants list and I want the employee discount, we'll get there with Fall in full swing here in Chicago

Haha PJS, I'm crazy....

I am already talking to Moton on a custom setup for the ACR, they make it for the Viper but have not spec'd a package for the new bad boy.

Brembo makes a IMSA/ACR 16-inch kit that has me salivating
Need a cage
extra set of wheels
Recaro SPG XL Hans seat
headers and exhaust, not sure who makes one for it

or I could just drive it but that would never happen

Old 09-15-2008, 07:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I meant to ADD... Viper ACR is a beast, y friend Steve Katz who is a professional racer took me out in his previous gen ACR with just a nice alignment and RA1's, the thing was FAST in the proper hands, I couldn't believe it!!

After me driving several vipers though older and new, I just couldn't live with one.. I wanted the new ACR badly, I know I would love it especially on the track, but the thing I don't like is that big *** displacement and the low revving. I love ringing a car out , my gripe with the acrs motor is it sounds the same from 2k rpm to 6500, it revs so damn low as well..

Obviously some will say ridiculous reason not to get one, but I think it takes away a lot of the fun factor..

Old 09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
MorePower4me is infamous around these parts
Have you considered a Noble?

You probably wouldn't see another one at the track...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/noble-m15.html

Old 09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
RasrGirl is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally Posted by george3
Sorry, fella's........ I left out some important details.
Firstly, it's gotta be a track weapon. Don't get me wrong... the GT3 is pretty good on the track.

Problem is that it's so nice, and clean, and pristine. I hate to take it to the track. I'm looking for something more suited to a track only car.

I've thought of the 996 GT2. I've thought about the Diasio 962R. Amazing machine. I went in a ride in one last weekend.

The GT3 is a great car, but not for what I want it for. It's toooo pretty. Excuse if I'm using girly language, but it is a very nice car.

THERE's a first for everyone... the gt3 is "too pretty". Wow. you must be a hell of a driver...... my gt3 is a mean machine that is teaching me that he's "For real". Until I can out-man him, i can't imagine calling him "girly". The only thing girly about my gt3 is ME - the driver. He looks just FINE all roughed up like he is..... I think whatever car you get - you won't want to scruff up on the track. If you REALLY want to just focus on the track, you're better off saving a lot of money and buying yourself a stripped out cup car.

enjoy and good luck.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by c2mojo
My local dodge dealer has one at the factory, Red/Black, that we're working on
finalizing. He wants list and I want the employee discount, we'll get there with Fall in full swing here in Chicago

Haha PJS, I'm crazy....

I am already talking to Moton on a custom setup for the ACR, they make it for the Viper but have not spec'd a package for the new bad boy.

Brembo makes a IMSA/ACR 16-inch kit that has me salivating
Need a cage
extra set of wheels
Recaro SPG XL Hans seat
headers and exhaust, not sure who makes one for it

or I could just drive it but that would never happen
give those KWs a chance!!!
I really hope you end up with the ACR.

They are selling at list then... hmmmm

I would love to hear about it...

Good luck putting a deal together and just keep thinking of the 7:22 on the ring bouncing off the rev limiter...

And buy big oil stock!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RasrGirl
THERE's a first for everyone... the gt3 is "too pretty". Wow. you must be a hell of a driver...... my gt3 is a mean machine that is teaching me that he's "For real". Until I can out-man him, i can't imagine calling him "girly". The only thing girly about my gt3 is ME - the driver. He looks just FINE all roughed up like he is..... I think whatever car you get - you won't want to scruff up on the track. If you REALLY want to just focus on the track, you're better off saving a lot of money and buying yourself a stripped out cup car.

enjoy and good luck.
+1, I couldn't agree more, my GT3 wears the scuffs/scrapes/track marks with the pride of accomplishment. The GT3 was made for this, I drive it to the track, race around like a madman and then drive home in it...it's perfect for this type of thing. My wifey really wants me to get a trailer for it, but I enjoy driving it so much that I'm not really sure that I want a trailer for it yet (someday I will get one though).

RasrGirl, you sound like the perfect woman...bet some guy is very happy (lucky).

Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
sp330 is infamous around these parts
The 2009 ZO6 has an upgraded dry sump oil system from the ZR1. Just put some racing brake pads on and you're good to go. They can be had for $65-70k new (1LZ, 2LZ trim levels).

Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by sp330
The 2009 ZO6 has an upgraded dry sump oil system from the ZR1. Just put some racing brake pads on and you're good to go. They can be had for $65-70k new (1LZ, 2LZ trim levels).

Wow didn't know it had the dry sump... That with Motons, reworking of brakes, race seats and some good tires, oh man the thing would be INSANE!

Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sp330
Didn't realized these cars have sink that low. But replacing a 7GT3 with the Z06 doesn't make sense. The OP needs to just buy a 6GT3 Cup car.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:11 AM
TurboTronic is infamous around these parts
Your GT3 is a beauty. Sorry to hear that you're letting her go.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Dick Fidd is infamous around these parts
+1 Vote for the ACR simply for the change of pace. Just getting used to that car after the GT3 will be an experience.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:22 AM
'ringmeister is infamous around these parts
i think the guy said he wants to cut his track car investment in half relative to the 7GT3...so less than 60K? that rules out ACRs, cupcars etc.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
sp330 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Wow didn't know it had the dry sump... That with Motons, reworking of brakes, race seats and some good tires, oh man the thing would be INSANE!
The C6 ZO6 has always had a dry sump oil system, I believe the 06-08 model years had a 7.5 quart capacity while the new ones have a 10.5 quart.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM
porshaah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by george3
I'll be putting my 2007 997 GT3 up for sale in about a week, or so. The question becomes.... with WHAT do you replace that kind car with ???

Not an easy question to answer.

There are many options, but I'm not sure how many would be right for me. Just curious if anyone can throw out some suggestions. (Price range should not exceed the cost of a new GT3.)

Thanks.
I'd say go with something like:
5ft 8-plenty of curves-blonde pref........guaranteed to enjoy the ride!!
but why why why /keep that beast & buy a junker for the track.........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?