Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM
george3 is infamous around these partsgeorge3 is infamous around these parts
Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?

I'll be putting my 2007 997 GT3 up for sale in about a week, or so. The question becomes.... with WHAT do you replace that kind car with ???

Not an easy question to answer.

There are many options, but I'm not sure how many would be right for me. Just curious if anyone can throw out some suggestions. (Price range should not exceed the cost of a new GT3.)

Thanks.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
sp330 is infamous around these parts
You've omitted an important detail: Why are you selling the GT3?

We don't know whether you want a comfortable cruiser or a track weapon.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
In the same price range? There is nothing worth a switch.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BlackBear
In the same price range? There is nothing worth a switch.
i'd agree unless you are looking for something more comfortable as a daily driver...

Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
need more info on what your looking to get. i.e 4 door, 2 door, track weapon or gt cruiser. do you want something brand new or used.

clk black series are around 100k now, used AM DB9 or Vantage. M6/M5 or there are a lot of other options out there

Old 09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I thought HARD about an Aston. But apparently no one at Aston speaks English!

Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 PM
///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough///M_Chap is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OldGuy
I thought HARD about an Aston. But apparently no one at Aston speaks English!
What language do they speak?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:25 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
430's are dropping like stones.

A few meals out, a few bottles of wine, a couple bottles of good scotch and you're there.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry, fella's........ I left out some important details.
Firstly, it's gotta be a track weapon. Don't get me wrong... the GT3 is pretty good on the track.

Problem is that it's so nice, and clean, and pristine. I hate to take it to the track. I'm looking for something more suited to a track only car.

I've thought of the 996 GT2. I've thought about the Diasio 962R. Amazing machine. I went in a ride in one last weekend.

The GT3 is a great car, but not for what I want it for. It's toooo pretty. Excuse if I'm using girly language, but it is a very nice car.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:41 PM
'ringmeister is infamous around these parts
zo6, new ones can be had for invoice (or less for leftovers) nice used ones are in high 40s to 50s. a lot of $$$ leftover for R-compounds, moton, and brembos which transform cars. or with your budget you could ship it to Katech. They build everything from DE cars to lemans GT2 spec. Same guys who build the motors for the factory C6R ALMS cars.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Nice idea, though, but not interested in a Z06. I can buy C6 garage queens in the low $50's now. They don't hold up or last on the track.

Anybody been in a Diasio ??????

Old 09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
TT Tommy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jamie
430's are dropping like stones.

A few meals out, a few bottles of wine, a couple bottles of good scotch and you're there.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
My buddy has a track ready 997 GT3 that he is selling for $100k. He is 2 seconds faster at my local track than my father (35 years of 911 track experince) in his 996 GT2. Sell your pretty one and buy one that is track ready. Nothing else in that price range will compare.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:26 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
George the AMG 63 I bought is pretty hot. You would have to put on an extra oil cooler to race it during the hot months, but in the winter it should be fine. The six piston front brakes are good and the rear rotors are slotted as well as drilled. The motor can be chipped and the 500hp is back. Plus its half the cost of a GT3 is , and I got the loaded
C63 delivered to my house and they picked up the GT3!!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 PM
c2mojo is infamous around these parts
Viper ACR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling My 997 GT3 . . . What Do I Get Now ?