Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Can 996 GT3 Engine Be Modded to 997 GT3 Power Levels ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
cool cool, see you there.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by george3
Yes, the Manthey is big money. What do you think is the best bang for the buck?
996-3
LWFW
4.0 R&P (re-gear is better but much more $)
Software
Exhaust

I am halfway there...

Doing an exhaust/software during the winter (center exit ).

In stock form, I have had 996-3s with software and exhaust walk away on the straights... and one of the guys told me that he is using FVD software and loves it...

Since adding the R&P, I am "in the meat" of the powerband a little quicker and it helps mitigate the software guys... but a long straight, they start to pull as the SW adds 20HP in the mid range...

Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
I also plan to do LWFW and R&P at one point after the suspension. So far, mine only has a good alighment with toe-links and few safety mods. Apart from muffler by-pass pipes, it's stock performance. If 7GT3s has same tires, I have no problem keeping up with them (unless the other driver is super good). Remember 6GT3 is already lighter and more nimble (even though some may say it's not as stable as as 997 and has more nervous feel). It just that interior is sucked in 996 and for DD duties, it's not as ideal as 997 GT3s. Then again, it's a track car. Who the heck cares about interior!

Manthey 410 kit car in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOnyUnuUbOw

About Manthey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opK4Y-Ojy44

Old 09-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
If you can extrapolate back, the mods done to my 997 GT3 and for the costs, can also be done to the 996 GT3 and for the same gains.

Currently with GIAC software, FVD headers/race exhaust the GT3 put down 392 rwhp. That was very inexpensive.
Now with the new Sharkwerke software this should be a great bump. Anticipate well over 410 rwhp without a 3.8 conversion.

Now the same can be done for the 996 GT3 and the results should be stout.
I will post results when all's done on the GT3.

Ranger