Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Corner Balancing the GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Cayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to behold
Corner Balancing the GT3

I picked up my GT3 last night after it spent a couple of days with my resident Porsche expert. He corner balanced the car for me within less than 1# on each corner. I've only had the car a couple of months, but what a difference. The car was severely off because the previous owner lowered the car for the "cool" look without much thought to function. The car now as a bit of an increase in ride height. The difference in the handling before/after is like having a new car, it's unreal.

I'd say it's a highly recommended and inexpensive "upgrade" for your GT3. Sorry for the enthusiasm for something so simple but I'm new to the GT3 world.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:01 AM
fcracer is infamous around these partsfcracer is infamous around these parts
It's probably more so the new alignment you're feeling, rather than the corner balancing. It has to be way, way, way off before you feel a difference on the street.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Cayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to behold
It was gross 200# off - so it was way, way off. Not sure who set it before, or if it was ever set.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Did he balance it with you in the driver's seat, or your equivalent weight in your place?

Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Very neat and as we proved in Excellence last month (with a proper alignment from Tony@TC Design) the GT3/GT3RS is transformed in terms of handling once re-aligned.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
Equivalent weight in my place.

Originally Posted by Rec Racing
Did he balance it with you in the driver's seat, or your equivalent weight in your place?

Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Mine also was very bad like it came from Germany I corner balanced the car 3 times and now it is perfect I use 1/2 tank and 75kg each side.

Last edited by luiscarlos; 09-19-2008 at 08:30 PM.