GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My RS VS M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Sie_motor88 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaeS4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UG97E57JA8

This time, it's stock Z06 vs Kellener modified M5, 50-270kph. Enjoy.
Sickkk

Old 09-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Agreed my M5 is not stock, granted. The real point is that a stock GT3RS will not out pull an M5/M6 on a rolling start. NO WAY.
We have several M5's down here and the 1/4 mile run has been 11.56 sec. with a trap of 126 mph. Has any RS ever recorded these times?

I love my GT3 and GT3RS but they do not have the straight line power of the M5/M6.

If the RS was modded well I will throw a modded M6 at it.

I do not like to say this but I am sorry. The video has no credibility.

Hell I will run the RS with my GT3.

Ranger

I'm with you Ranger!!!!!!
I have a M5 too....and theres no way a GT3 RS could win in straight line! no F way!
the M's V10 is a monster!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:57 PM
jjs723 is infamous around these parts
it looks like we need to take two cars in a roll and dig race. i think it would be very close race but i think the m6 would get on the top end, but i have been wrong before

Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
That guy yelling at the end makes the video almost unwatchable

Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Theres an easy explanation as to why the GT3 is faster from 0-186mph than the M5. Weight. About 1000lbs less will make you accelerate from a dig much faster than the M5.

From a roll with the the weight not so much an issue the M5 and especially with an M6 which is lighter. M6 should run it down or stay with it stock to stock until the upper 100's where the hp advantage should take over. I agree with Ranger. Only one way to settle this. Line em up an run

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLOWNGTO
I wouldn't mind trying it out with a modified M5 or M6! Maybe it would be a good race.
Hey how are you?
We should get together and plan some rolling runs some time soon.

Haven't seen you around town so we can have some fun.
My GT3 was no match for SC'ed GTO. You are putting down near 600 rwhp. Did you ever up the boost?
My M5 would be a nice run against your GTO.

To those who brought the 996 & 997 TT's and Z06 in to the discussion you have gone off topic. It is the GT3 vs M6.
But if you want to bring them in then I would humbly bring in my M5.

Now I am unclear. Was the video of the run submitted on this thread for real or a spoof?

Cheers guys,

Ranger

Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
any comparative experience/thoughts on an M5/M6 with a 6 speed?

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 AM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Hey how are you?
We should get together and plan some rolling runs some time soon.

Haven't seen you around town so we can have some fun.
My GT3 was no match for SC'ed GTO. You are putting down near 600 rwhp. Did you ever up the boost?
My M5 would be a nice run against your GTO.

To those who brought the 996 & 997 TT's and Z06 in to the discussion you have gone off topic. It is the GT3 vs M6.
But if you want to bring them in then I would humbly bring in my M5.

Now I am unclear. Was the video of the run submitted on this thread for real or a spoof?

Cheers guys,

Ranger
The only reason i brought up the Z06 topic is because you have mentioned that a modded M6 around your area has beaten a stock Z06 badly. And remember, your M5 is also heavily modded as well. Both videos that i posted are from M5board.com, and the Kellener's M5 that ran against the stock Z06 has about 80hp more than the stock M5. As you can see from the 1st video, the Z06 walked the M6. I apologized for going off topic. Anyway, being that the GT3RS is sooo much lighter than the M6, i wouldn't be surprised if it can keep up with an M6 if not beat it, i hate to mag-race, but on paper and most mag testing results, it shows that the GT3RS is quicker. My point is, with the same driver testing both stock cars, the GT3RS should be quicker. Now two different drivers would be another story, since it would be a drivers race.

EDIT: I stand corrected, i mistakenly confused the data between the GT3RS and the 997TT. Without a doubt that the M6 is quicker from a dig. My bad.

Last edited by jaeS4; 09-23-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Sie_motor88 is infamous around these parts
Ranger, why are you taking this so seriously?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 AM
BLOWNGTO is infamous around these parts
What's up Mr.Ranger!! Yea man I have been laying low not driving the car much. Still have not boosted the car, I need to save up some cash for all the other upgrades i have to do. Whenever you want to meet up just send me a PM. By the way have you seen a light blue Murcielago around your area, i scared the hell out of him with the goat the other day!! I thought they would be quicker than it was.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:21 PM
The Doctor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sie_motor88
He is only trying to make a point.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:34 PM
vroomd is infamous around these parts
Thanks for posting the video. Looked like fun.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sie_motor88
If you posted the video as a joke, I frankly do not get.
We are dealing with individuals who are serious about the cars that they have dropped a good chunk of change on.
I am serious about a car that I've dropped 100K or more on.

Then add to this I have a compelling belief in the truth.

The more I see it I just need to get the "F" out of here.

Cheers
Ranger

Old 09-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jaeS4
The only reason i brought up the Z06 topic is because you have mentioned that a modded M6 around your area has beaten a stock Z06 badly. And remember, your M5 is also heavily modded as well. Both videos that i posted are from M5board.com, and the Kellener's M5 that ran against the stock Z06 has about 80hp more than the stock M5. As you can see from the 1st video, the Z06 walked the M6. I apologized for going off topic. Anyway, being that the GT3RS is sooo much lighter than the M6, i wouldn't be surprised if it can keep up with an M6 if not beat it, i hate to mag-race, but on paper and most mag testing results, it shows that the GT3RS is quicker. My point is, with the same driver testing both stock cars, the GT3RS should be quicker. Now two different drivers would be another story, since it would be a drivers race.

EDIT: I stand corrected, i mistakenly confused the data between the GT3RS and the 997TT. Without a doubt that the M6 is quicker from a dig. My bad.
Okay here are videos of the M6 taking care of the Z06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWm0rVVJys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0

Now I will send you my M5 against a modded Z06. Will track it down if anybody gives a ****.

Enjoy gents

Ranger

Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
jaeS4 is infamous around these parts
Okay here are videos of the M6 taking care of the Z06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOWm0rVVJys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_QpKNozKN0

Now I will send you my M5 against a modded Z06. Will track it down if anybody gives a ****.

Enjoy gents

Ranger
Again, you're comparing a modded M6 vs a stock Z06. I showed you a video between stock M6 vs stock Z06 and you saw how the M6 got walked right. You have to compare apples to apples if you want to make a fair comparison. Here's another video between both modded M6 vs modded Z06 from M5board.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne0i0...eature=related

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.