Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

-New Product Introduction- Bilstein Damptronic Coilovers for 997 GT3.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
-New Product Introduction- Bilstein Damptronic Coilovers for 997 GT3.

Good afternoon.

I have secured the U.S. markets first five sets of Bilstein Damptronic Coilovers for the Porsche 997 GT3.

For those unaware, Porsche contracted Bilstein to develop the stock suspension on your car now. These new units will offer an even sportier ride and take you to the next level at the track.

Other highlights include:

-BILSTEIN mono-tube/inverted technology
-PASM-function and car sensors remain fully active
-BILSTEIN road tested and tuned
-BILSTEIN comfort & sport setting
-Threaded shock body for height adjustment
-German TUV certificate

If you have further questions, just ask. I can also couple these with a variety of different ERP suspension components upon request.

I am offering an intro price to 6speed members. Please email me directly for pricing and ordering details.

Mike@awe-tuning.com

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Web Link:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...nsion&IL=pss10

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 10-03-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:44 PM
997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice
mike

paul oneil here
give me a call about these
i would need to know the spring rates but very interested

Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Triss is infamous around these parts
Yes, what are the springrates compared to stock??

Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
What is the average springrate for a coilover suspension?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Gents,

Working on getting this info asap. Stay tuned.

-Mike

Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Product Update:

Front Main:340lbs/in Tender:115lbs/in
Rear Main:570lbs/in Tender:115lbs/in

Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Triss is infamous around these parts
If I remember correctly the stock springs are:
Front: 255lbs/in
Rear: 600lbs/in
If that is true then these would be a bit stiffer up front and basically the same as stock in the rear. Can you confirm that? Or rather is that the right numbers for stock gt3/rs?

Old 10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
They look very nice- do you know if the Bilstein warranty is covered or voided by track use?

Old 10-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
They look very nice- do you know if the Bilstein warranty is covered or voided by track use?
That is a good question.

We have been a Bilstein WD for over 5 years. They have a stated "lifetime warranty." Keep in mind that I have only had to exercise it just a handful of times. They have never denied me.

I guess it would depend on the type of failure.

Here is their web site with warranty info.

http://www.bilstein.com/warranty.php...ae3387#details

Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
I have sets left. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice997gt3north is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Product Update:

Front Main:340lbs/in Tender:115lbs/in
Rear Main:570lbs/in Tender:115lbs/in

Mike

on rennlist NJ-GT just confirmed that the front springs are the same part number as on the 996gt3 - that is 40N/mm or 225lbs/inch

so it would appear that this kit has substantially more front spring as well as a linear rear spring that is in the same range as stock

the damping rate rates are of course likely different

Old 10-15-2008, 11:37 PM
AZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to behold
Mike, how do these compare with the 997 GT3 RS setup???

Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AZ997TT
Mike, how do these compare with the 997 GT3 RS setup???
That is another good question. How do the RS and Non-RS suspensions differ?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Mike, I'm also interested to hear more. Give me a ring (or e-mail) about this and the track camera setup/data acquisition system you guys are working on. TrackVision? AIM? MoTeC? AWE?

Old 10-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SWATDoc
Mike, I'm also interested to hear more. Give me a ring (or e-mail) about this and the track camera setup/data acquisition system you guys are working on. TrackVision? AIM? MoTeC? AWE?
Just sent you a PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: -New Product Introduction- Bilstein Damptronic Coilovers for 997 GT3.