Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PetShrk gets surgery!! ;) Skinzwraps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 01:29 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
interesting to say the least! Definitely gotta have some ***** to bring a blowtorch anywhere near a GT!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
wow, cant wait to see it all done

Old 10-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned
Suspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to beholdSuspence is a splendid one to behold
Kirby is one lucky man to shoot this car, can't wait to see the photos.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Porschedeisgn is infamous around these parts
this shop they use hairdryer.

Some shops use lighter..

Not sure the main purpose of it but i guess it helps mould the sticker in place

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-stickers.html

Old 10-24-2008, 04:38 AM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Whoa.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
torch is hardcore, so does Fred.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:12 AM
LightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Porschedeisgn
this shop they use hairdryer.

Some shops use lighter..

Not sure the main purpose of it but i guess it helps mould the sticker in place

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-stickers.html
We use heat guns as well, a lot more even heat and less chance of a catastrophe. its used to soften the vinyl which helps it strech and conform. whanen you do edges you heat it after to help the memory of the material set in.

Skinzwraps have been around ahwhile, they are an awesome company in the industry.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:18 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Isn't that a little risky trimming these pieces on the car? I'd hate to pull that vinyl off someday and find out there are small cuts in the clearcoat from trimming.

I just had my daily driver wrapped (advertising) and although they were very careful I'm sure there will end up being some marks in the paint....

Old 10-24-2008, 08:23 AM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LightHouse
We use heat guns as well, a lot more even heat and less chance of a catastrophe. its used to soften the vinyl which helps it strech and conform. whanen you do edges you heat it after to help the memory of the material set in.

Skinzwraps have been around ahwhile, they are an awesome company in the industry.
PM sent

Old 10-24-2008, 09:16 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
wow. that's crazy. that's a wrap right? hmm.. sounds like a good idea

Old 10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Isn't that a little risky trimming these pieces on the car? I'd hate to pull that vinyl off someday and find out there are small cuts in the clearcoat from trimming.

I just had my daily driver wrapped (advertising) and although they were very careful I'm sure there will end up being some marks in the paint....
i want to see some pix of the DD with advertisting.
pls post at your convenience.

thanks!

RJ

Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
it's going to be the meanest CGT

Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Subscribed.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
LightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud of
Would it be worth it to those of you with questions for me to write a "wraps explained" thread with answers to common questions?

Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LightHouse
Would it be worth it to those of you with questions for me to write a "wraps explained" thread with answers to common questions?
yes please!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PetShrk gets surgery!! ;) Skinzwraps