Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PetShrk gets surgery!! ;) Skinzwraps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
I'm in.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Brandon is infamous around these parts
its gonna look mean when its done

Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 AM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
i'd be worrying about blow torch boris but I'm sure you've done your homework...

looks mean!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
rotary rocket has a spectacular aura aboutrotary rocket has a spectacular aura about
Whoa...she will be one mean SOB when done.

Just curious what happens when you take a torch to CF?

Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
i think it is awesome .... when i told a bunch of Buddies i plan on doing MY RS they said i was crazy.... but gulf blue with orange stripes or white with martini sounds like excellent choices ... at least i am not alone on this!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:51 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
that is bad ***, love it, and im sure that Boris knows that the car is insanely priced and would put the blow torch to it if it was a possiblity of causing damage. Well done Fred, your name has become synonymous with pushing the mods to the EDGE! Way to go!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:35 PM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
It's gonna come out sick. How much does it cost to wrap a car like that?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i am not even worthy to post on this thread.

looks so nice.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I know nothing about vinyl wrapping a car but how long would you really have to hold the torch to mold the vinyl? Maybe a half a second? The torch would melt the wrap long before any damage to the CF so I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Sick work and I am looking froward to the pics from Kirb when its done....

Old 10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
lilstan is infamous around these parts
wow, I can't wait to see it when it's done....

Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
can't wait to see the finished car......

Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Ben's flat black wrapped FGT came out very very nice.... this is going to look awesome!

Old 10-24-2008, 04:04 PM
LethalIndustry is infamous around these parts
There is already at least one flat black gemballa carrera GT so you can google some and see how it turned out.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:15 PM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
the only purpose for the torch is to tighten up the vinyl (shrink it a little), he uses a torch b/c he can spread the heat out over a wide surface or pin-point it a little more if need be....the vinyl would melt well before it becomes an issue to the paint of cf body panels....lastly the car will actually need to sit in the sun to help everything cure and tighten up to a final product

also if you have any concerns about Boris and the torch I would imagine Fred has researched the crap out of this and he has obviously found the best in the business especially if he went to the lengths of having Boris flown in for the job

Old 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM
LightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud ofLightHouse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by still lost
the only purpose for the torch is to tighten up the vinyl (shrink it a little), he uses a torch b/c he can spread the heat out over a wide surface or pin-point it a little more if need be....

What the heck are you talking about? its not shrink wrap! heat is applied to loosen and release the memory in the vinyl. It gives it the ability to conform and strech. He uses a torch because he is comfortable with it over a heat gun. some people like the direct heat and the ablity for the heat to be gone in an instant to avoid over heating or burning. it has nothing to do with spreading the heat around or pin pointing it.

And setting it out in the sun also has nothing todo with tighting anything up. the heat helps the adhesive soften and bond with the media its on. In this case its paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PetShrk gets surgery!! ;) Skinzwraps