GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Dyno'd the GT3 yesterday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:31 AM
IXXI Turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RandomName
this is a stock 997 GT3, right?
anyone have dyno graph from 996 GT3 as comparison?
Here are a few Dyno graphs from my 05' GT3

The Dyno Jet is 2 pulls I made on a DynoJet here in Lafayette and the other was a run the PO made on a Mustang @ EVO

Attached Images   

Last edited by IXXI Turbo; 10-28-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 PM
petevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Steve W
Green: Cayman S
Pink: 997 GT3 Cup
Dark Blue: 997 GT3 street
Red: 997 twin turbo
Purple: 997 GT2
Teal blue: 993 twin turbo 25 psi
Great stuff- I do love the comparison.

What year 997 cup is that one? I understand they got rid of the variable intake manifold that was on the earlier models for 2007+, which probably hurts torque but helps it flow a little more up top.

As for tweaking for more power, we'll see. Half of typical power optimization is correcting and optimizing the air/fuel ratios of factory programming, however I believe the factory dyno's and custom maps each GT3 motor to optimize the AFRs and there's nothing left here to optimize.
I agree it's probably pretty optimized for the stock configuration. I'm doing cat delete, headers, a high flow mufflers with crossover and I'll be running 100 octane most of the time- I'm thinking I'll need a new map to take advantage of those changes.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Those are very good rwhp results from a 997 GT3 that is bone stock.
In my area (So. Florida) the across the board rwhp numbers for stock 997 GT3's has been 350 to 365 rwhp.
My 997GT3 has dyno'ed 360 to 363 rwhp bone stock at different occasions.
Now with FVD headers and race exhaust and GIAC software it dyno'ed 392 rwhp.

IXXI Turbo your post about the 996 GT3 is incredible. You show 372 rwhp as stock. The stock power as stated by the factory is 381 bhp. That would appear to suggest a DT loss of 2%?
You could have a freak motor, if so lucky you.

What am I not understanding.

Cheers
Ranger

Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Well it's not bone stock, I have Milltek exhaust and have had the ECU reflashed

Old 10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
petevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to beholdpetevb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IXXI Turbo
I also see that at least the first dyno is uncorrected. I'm not sure what altitude that was taken at, but assuming it's at 100 feet it looks like applying a correction factor might bring it down to ~343 rwhp? That's still very good, but probably more in line with what would be expected from a 996 GT3 on a dynojet...

Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IXXI Turbo
Sounds like your 996 GT3 is very similar to Luis GT3 in this forum.
It must be a very strong car.

Ranger

Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Now with FVD headers and race exhaust and GIAC software it dyno'ed 392 rwhp.

Those are some sweet numbers bro!! That's about 460+ all motor crank hp!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Sounds like your 996 GT3 is very similar to Luis GT3 in this forum.
It must be a very strong car.

Ranger
This was Luis's old car

Old 10-30-2008, 05:38 AM
Originally Posted by petevb
I also see that at least the first dyno is uncorrected. I'm not sure what altitude that was taken at, but assuming it's at 100 feet it looks like applying a correction factor might bring it down to ~343 rwhp? That's still very good, but probably more in line with what would be expected from a 996 GT3 on a dynojet...
Here are the corrected runs I made. I don't have the runfile from when Luis made his pull @ EVO so I cannot manipulate that file.

These runs were made near sea level, (Lafayette Louisiana)

Attached Images  

Last edited by IXXI Turbo; 10-30-2008 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:04 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I just dynoed my 996 gt3 on a dyno jet...and got 370 rwhp with 277 ft lbs of torque...its stock...what gives????

Old 11-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I just dynoed my 996 gt3 on a dyno jet...and got 370 rwhp with 277 ft lbs of torque...its stock...what gives????
Are you the original owner?

Old 11-02-2008, 11:25 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
no, but I know the prior owner and its origins...I had a complete ecu check and compression leakdown and other than my muffler bypass, its stock...

Old 11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Steve W is a jewel in the roughSteve W is a jewel in the roughSteve W is a jewel in the rough
That's awesome. Are these SAE corrected numbers? If not can you post your dyno chart?

Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 PM
crxmanror is infamous around these parts
pretty good numbers

Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
That's awesome. Are these SAE corrected numbers? If not can you post your dyno chart?
Ill try, I have to find a scanner (I have the sheets in my car). The dyno looks nearly identical to Luisgt3s dyno except i am 2 hp shy. I did the dyno for charity, so I wasnt really looking at the sheet too much. I was surprised though...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd the GT3 yesterday.