Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carbon fiber interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:31 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Carbon fiber interior?

DB Carbon has some unique interior pieces in carbon. Does anyone know if it's quality stuff? Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Gus F is infamous around these parts
OmahaGT, I had done quite a few CF and painted upgrades on the interior and exterior, parts were supply from Porsche, MaCarbon and DB Carbon, I have to say that all parts are of excellent fit and finish, rigth now I'm waitting for a handbrake from DB Carbon.
Name:  DSC_0243.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  215.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0249.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  222.0 KB
in reality, once installed it is difficult to say who suply what, Pictures are old, since now I also have installed the side panels onthe center stack (PCM/radio), defroster trims and speaker cover, and map ligth cover.

Yes DB have some parts others dont have, quality is great, fit and finish is very good (I installed everything myself). As with any aftermarket part be sure to check the parts carefully after delivery for any possible imperfection.
regards,

Old 10-30-2008, 07:55 PM
OmahaGT, I just got back home and found a part I ordered from DB. A new Black paint and CF E-brake handle, looks really good!!, I will install this weekend together with the gear lever trim piece and the gear lever **** cap already home, (I'm replacing all the gray by black and CF!!!).
All black painted parts were supply by Bumperplugs, great guys,beatiful and perfect black paint!!,

I'll post some pictures when done!,
gf

Old 10-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor
johnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to behold
The photos show MAcarbon parts

Just to be clear, the photos Gus has posted above show our parts. Everything is MAcarbon except for the the shifter, cup holder strip, door spiers and door map pocket covers - which are OEM.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:12 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Is the little piece under the door speaker from DB?

Old 10-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
johnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to beholdjohnb@macarbon is a splendid one to behold
THose are ours

In the door photo, the mirrors, mirror triangles, piece in front of the map pocket, and the little piece under the speaker are MAcarbon.

In the dash photo, the chrono, wheel trim, key surround, headlight surround, and airvents are MAcarbon.

The shifter and dash strip is OEM.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
Is the little piece under the door speaker from DB?

DB carries that piece for ya.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
DB Carbon has some unique interior pieces in carbon. Does anyone know if it's quality stuff? Thanks.
I've bought CF parts from Porsche and from DBcarbon and I must say that DBcarbon got my business because of their pricing, customer service, and the quality of their products. I can't tell any difference between OEM and theirs.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:38 AM
OmahaGT, John is totally rigth CF parts show in my pictures are either MACarbon or OEM (I didn't take any pictures recently). I'm sorry if this cause any confusion I just wanted to show how good my car looks now!!

MACarbon has impecable quality and service, they did a great job for me (specially with the CF air vents with special painted black vanes!!, with out those I had never get the great looking interior I have now!!!)

Nevertheless later I order some parts from DB they do have some parts others dont and good prices, so I have already installed from them side covers for the central controls stack (radio PCM ), front defroster and speaker covers (windshield area), map light cover. I will install today DB e-brake handle (black paint and CF) and gear shift lever trim.

To be fair I have to say that the only issue with DB has been the lost time due to two returned parts because of manufacture flaws, good that they responded propmtly and returned correct ones as soon as they could.
I now can say they have excellent products too!

I'll post some new pictures later after today installation!!

Old 11-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gus F
OmahaGT, John is totally rigth CF parts show in my pictures are either MACarbon or OEM (I didn't take any pictures recently). I'm sorry if this cause any confusion I just wanted to show how good my car looks now!!

MACarbon has impecable quality and service, they did a great job for me (specially with the CF air vents with special painted black vanes!!, with out those I had never get the great looking interior I have now!!!)

Nevertheless later I order some parts from DB they do have some parts others dont and good prices, so I have already installed from them side covers for the central controls stack (radio PCM ), front defroster and speaker covers (windshield area), map light cover. I will install today DB e-brake handle (black paint and CF) and gear shift lever trim.

To be fair I have to say that the only issue with DB has been the lost time due to two returned parts because of manufacture flaws, good that they responded propmtly and returned correct ones as soon as they could.
I now can say they have excellent products too!

I'll post some new pictures later after today installation!!
I know MA makes excellent CF stuffs for our cars but their price tend to be a little higher than DB. I'm waiting for my steering wheel to come in from DB and the price that I paid was not anywhere near that of MA. I'll post pictures when it comes in.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:24 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gus F
OmahaGT, I had done quite a few CF and painted upgrades on the interior and exterior, parts were supply from Porsche, MaCarbon and DB Carbon, I have to say that all parts are of excellent fit and finish, rigth now I'm waitting for a handbrake from DB Carbon.
Attachment 82603

Attachment 82604
in reality, once installed it is difficult to say who suply what, Pictures are old, since now I also have installed the side panels onthe center stack (PCM/radio), defroster trims and speaker cover, and map ligth cover.

Yes DB have some parts others dont have, quality is great, fit and finish is very good (I installed everything myself). As with any aftermarket part be sure to check the parts carefully after delivery for any possible imperfection.
regards,
WOW thats alot of CF........

Old 11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
WOW thats alot of CF........

Some of us are CF ******...

Old 11-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
I am considering the door sills, as that seems one of the biggest hitters for an improved look, but obviously that also takes a lot of scuffing from people's feet. How scratch/wear resistant are they?

Also, if people were to prioritize the various pieces for impact per $$$, which would be the best, low-hanging fruit pieces to get? Mine is a relatively stock black 996 interior and I think a few pieces of CF would dress it up nicely.

TIA

Last edited by Adrift; 11-01-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor
Hold up well

The OEM 'outside' door sills do fine with normal wear and tear. They have a tough finish that does nto scratch. We've sold a large number of 'inside' sills (were the trunk buttons are) and the finish does better than the paint (or plastic) finish on the stock parts. When they are CF, you also tend to be alittle more careful getting in.

As for visual impact on the interior, the center console is a strong candidate. You can see a number of cars with various levels of cf.
http://macarbon.com/v-web/gallery/main.php
http://www.macarbon.com/store/996-103/

John

Old 11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
The carbon sills hold up great. My problem is people kicking the paint when they get in!