GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

So, can I buy a GT for 300k flat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:44 PM
PCH
PCH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Auctung
and once the warrentys are gone you will find plenty around 250k with miles. very low miles will be a tad over 300

they are falling, and will continue to fall for the next couple of years atleast
As you mentioned, no warranty will definitely mean a great deal to market value. CGT parts and service make Ferraris look cheap!

Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 AM
iceman996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PCH
As you mentioned, no warranty will definitely mean a great deal to market value. CGT parts and service make Ferraris look cheap!

Agree. Next yr around this time you should be easily find one for mid-high 20s.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Bill S has a spectacular aura aboutBill S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iceman996
Agree. Next yr around this time you should be easily find one for mid-high 20s.
Or low 400s. Too few cars and too many people in the world want one. Even many people that sell buy them again a few months later. Everything is down now, and maybe will go a bit lower. I doubt you'll even see low 300s unless the car is really trashed.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Auctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud ofAuctung has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bill S
Or low 400s. Too few cars and too many people in the world want one. Even many people that sell buy them again a few months later. Everything is down now, and maybe will go a bit lower. I doubt you'll even see low 300s unless the car is really trashed.

youre dreaming
two years ago they were high 200s-low 300s
then the Euro took off
now its tanking
the car is falling and will continue to
face it

and "alot" of people may want one, but very few want to pay the maintance bills. A factory warrenty covering a repair is all good. When its 2009 or 2010 and you get a 30k repair bill "alotta" people will be looking to dump them FAST!! A 19k clutch replacement alone is enough to price almost everyone out of the market.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Auctung
youre dreaming
two years ago they were high 200s-low 300s
then the Euro took off
now its tanking
the car is falling and will continue to
face it

and "alot" of people may want one, but very few want to pay the maintance bills. A factory warrenty covering a repair is all good. When its 2009 or 2010 and you get a 30k repair bill "alotta" people will be looking to dump them FAST!! A 19k clutch replacement alone is enough to price almost everyone out of the market.
Maybe. I still don't see it. Did 959s do the same thing? F40s? The CGT is very different from all other cars because it wasn't supposed to be a road car. I doubt Porsche (or anyone else) will ever do that again. Even with the current worries in the market, which are pretty strong, good cars are selling in the high 300s and low 400s.

Maintenance costs are very low on this car. Even if something did cost $25K to fix, someone paying $400K+ for this car wouldn't mind if it happened every 5 years or so. That's only $5K/year. Regular maintenance, which is pretty infrequent, is pretty inexpensive for such a special car. I just had all the front pads replaced for $1200. That's closer to $4,000+ on a CS or 430 with carbon rotors.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:53 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
That's where they are now. I can buy a seal/black 7k car today for 320, perhaps less.

2 months ago, I sold my 3k mile black for 400. I doubt I'd get 350 for it today.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:27 PM
iceman996 is infamous around these parts
I wish but I really doubt it will stay at 400s range. The price was high during the past yr becuase Euro was strong but now is tanking. We might see it stays at low 300s but for sure not over 400K.

But still, CGT is one of the best car in the world, period.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:43 PM
themarsman is infamous around these parts
The bottom line is no one knows for certain, there are speculators on both sides of the fence. It wouldn't surprise me if the price of the car continued down for a while and then headed north. I remember being able to buy a F40 for 180K many years ago, now it would likely be triple that.

I don't care because I will never sell mine so it doesn't really matter.

The cars maintenance bills are quite low for a car of this level, It costs about 1K for oil, yearly maint. The brakes and tires are also pretty reasonable for this car, especially if you only drive it once in a while. The clutch seems to last quite a while in cars where the driver knows what he is doing, if I have to replace it every five or six years that is fine with me.

The car is extremely well made and I have seen examples that have over ten times the miles that my car has without any issues.

If it makes a difference to you whether the car is 300K or 320K and whether the annual maintenance is going to be 3K / year or 5K / year you probably are over extending yourself to buy the car.

Do yourself a big favor and if you can't afford the car, NEVER drive one!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:57 PM
richkaltman has a spectacular aura aboutrichkaltman has a spectacular aura aboutrichkaltman has a spectacular aura about
I can afford one and have owned one and bought a 430 scud instead...why??? IMHO the prices are coming down and I will buy one sometime next year. I passed on a 5k mile black car for 350K.

That said, the CGT pulls harder and sounds better than my scud.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by richkaltman
That said, the CGT pulls harder and sounds better than my scud.
IMHO it doesn't make sense for a CGT to cost less than a scud... now and later.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:47 AM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brucem

wow! This car are great. Very awesome car.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:04 AM
themarsman is infamous around these parts
IMHO it doesn't make sense for a CGT to cost less than a scud... now and later.
I agree and 10 years down the road I believe the price difference will be very substantial.

I know I am going to go crazy this winter in Michigan not being able to drive my CGT very much!

Old 11-10-2008, 05:07 AM
richkaltman has a spectacular aura aboutrichkaltman has a spectacular aura aboutrichkaltman has a spectacular aura about
They are both great and special cars...speculating on the future value is pointless!!! The fact is the 430 scuderia is arguably the best street car Ferrari has ever produced. One of the best race car drivers of all time was intimately involved in the development of the car.

They both represent best of breed and will hold value accordingly.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:13 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
I have serious sellor's remorse and intend to replace the car as soon as the dollar comes back.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by jamie
I have serious sellor's remorse and intend to replace the car as soon as the dollar comes back.
I've heard that from several prior owners as well (several have already bought the car a second time!).

So add prior owners to the market as well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So, can I buy a GT for 300k flat?