42.86%
GT3 RS club sport
57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

GT2 vs GT3 RS club sport seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
The GT3/CGT seats are phenomenal. Extreme seats for an extreme car.

Complaints: Large side plates not hidden away like in CGT. They are not comfortable for an extended period of time. Not a problem for a driver loving the car with adrenaline pumping, but passengers usually complain right away. You can no longer get a person or large item in the back seat.

Benefits: Great driving seat. Weight-saving and they hold you upright and tight. Also, they are absolutely gorgeous, like art through the rear window and very striking from all angles. The GT2 seats offer all the same benefits and more, and are arguably as pretty for less $. The one thing they don't offer is alcantara (suede).

If you are considering a roll/harness bar, the GT2 seats with colapsable backrests would lose their purpose.

I'm having a yellow roll bar, Schroth Enduro harness, and a fire extinguisher installed soon. I'll post pictures when it's done.

Attachment 84902

Attachment 84903

Attachment 84904

Attachment 84905
Nice looking seats .... just so expensive

i spoke with Steve at suncoast and he can get the GT2 seats in cloth with alcantara insert. i will order it that way if i am going for the GT2 seats .... not a fan of leather seat. you can still use roll bar with GT2 seats

Old 12-03-2008, 11:14 AM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
The GT2 seats are great too.

I was saying, with a bar, there won't be any room in the back. If you can't fit anything in the back, the GT2 seats' collapsible backrests lose their functionality.

One more complaint about GT3/CGT seats: The leather occasionally comes loose on the bolsters and has to be pushed back into it's housing.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:46 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
The GT2 seats are great too.

I was saying, with a bar, there won't be any room in the back. If you can't fit anything in the back, the GT2 seats' collapsible backrests lose their functionality.

One more complaint about GT3/CGT seats: The leather occasionally comes loose on the bolsters and has to be pushed back into it's housing.
ah ... i see. you can still store couple small items on the back "seat" space with roll bar. it's especially useful if you need to bring some tools and a small jack to the track. i think the tilt function of the GT2 seat can still find some use with roll bar.

do you know the weight of your GT3/CGT seat?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:54 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
You can order them leather+alcantara from Carnewal
With current exchange rates they are almost same price as Suncoast

Bill
Thank you Bill. Is that where you ordered yours? That's $6800 for the pair.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mikymu
Nice looking seats .... just so expensive

i spoke with Steve at suncoast and he can get the GT2 seats in cloth with alcantara insert. i will order it that way if i am going for the GT2 seats .... not a fan of leather seat. you can still use roll bar with GT2 seats
When are you ordering it? I'm thinking of doing it also.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Thank you Bill. Is that where you ordered yours? That's $6800 for the pair.
No, I actually bought the Perlon Euro GT3 (one-piece) seats from spg993tt. I was worried that on these "high-sided" seats, the leather would wear easily (no issue with the Perlon showing creases, etc.)

When I was looking at both, Carnewal was the only one I found that offered the GT2 seats in Leather/Alcantara. Everything I've read gives high marks to Carewal on service, and --I believe-- that price includes shipping.

Hope that helps !

Bill

Old 12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
No, I actually bought the Perlon Euro GT3 (one-piece) seats from spg993tt. I was worried that on these "high-sided" seats, the leather would wear easily (no issue with the Perlon showing creases, etc.)

When I was looking at both, Carnewal was the only one I found that offered the GT2 seats in Leather/Alcantara. Everything I've read gives high marks to Carewal on service, and --I believe-- that price includes shipping.

Hope that helps !

Bill

Bill......thanks for your help. It's funny how Suncoast and local dealerships can't get these seats in alcantara. I'm wondering if the options are not available here in the US. With freight charge and everything from Carenewal, the price will be close to $7200.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
When are you ordering it? I'm thinking of doing it also.
not sure yet. i still need to try them out first. Recaro pole position is the back up option for track

Old 12-04-2008, 10:20 AM
not sure yet. i still need to try them out first. Recaro pole position is the back up option for track
Livermore Porsche has a GT2 getting some extensive CF work put on. You should swing by and talk to Anthony in the Service Dept and tell him that you know Kevin. It's not a bad seat at all when you sit in there. Are you planning to order yours from Suncoast when the time comes? What type of fabric are you considering?

Old 12-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Livermore Porsche has a GT2 getting some extensive CF work put on. You should swing by and talk to Anthony in the Service Dept and tell him that you know Kevin. It's not a bad seat at all when you sit in there. Are you planning to order yours from Suncoast when the time comes? What type of fabric are you considering?
Thanks Kevin. will try to swing by Livermore

Suncoast Porsche has the best price for GT2 seats. cloth will be my choice

Last edited by mikymu; 12-04-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks Kevin. will try to swing by Livermore

Suncoast Porsche has the best price for GT2 seats. cloth will be my choice
$6000 for cloth/alcantara is not bad. I'll call Steve to see how much is leather/alcantara.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
That is our customer's car

Attached Images    
Old 12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
That is our customer's car
Yeah, that's what I thought. He bought a lot of your CF. I'm still curious to know what steering wheel he got.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Actually, quick correction. The GT2 seats that we're able to get from Porsche do not have the Alcantara cushions, only the 997 GT3 Euro buckets do. The cushions are just held in with velcro and we have had some customers say it was super easy and not expensive to have them reupholstered in Alcantara or some other comparable faux-suede.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Oh and Lane, that upper belt hoop looks sick! I like it without the screen too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 vs GT3 RS club sport seats