GT3 RS club sport
57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

GT2 vs GT3 RS club sport seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Yeah, that's what I thought. He bought a lot of your CF. I'm still curious to know what steering wheel he got.
MF wheel with carbon top and yellow 12 o'clock ring.

Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Oh and Lane, that upper belt hoop looks sick! I like it without the screen too.
Thanks Steve. I just got my sport wheel today, thanks!

Old 12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LaneS@MAcarbon
MF wheel with carbon top and yellow 12 o'clock ring.
That is one clean looking wheel.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Actually, quick correction. The GT2 seats that we're able to get from Porsche do not have the Alcantara cushions, only the 997 GT3 Euro buckets do. The cushions are just held in with velcro and we have had some customers say it was super easy and not expensive to have them reupholstered in Alcantara or some other comparable faux-suede.
That's what I thought. Most local dealership can't get this option either. Does anyone know how much it'll cost to put these inserts in alcantara?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:00 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
That's what I thought. Most local dealership can't get this option either. Does anyone know how much it'll cost to put these inserts in alcantara?
i have a sewing machine and it's not that hard lol

any upholstery shop can do it for you. labor may cost $40 per hour and it may take 3- 4 hours each seat. alcantara cost about $100 per yard so you are looking at $400-$500 total depends on your need

Old 12-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by mikymu
i have a sewing machine and it's not that hard lol

any upholstery shop can do it for you. labor may cost $40 per hour and it may take 3- 4 hours each seat. alcantara cost about $100 per yard so you are looking at $400-$500 total depends on your need
I guess for that price, it just makes sense to buy the seats from carenewal because their seats are around that price but the alcantara is already done for you.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
Bill......thanks for your help. It's funny how Suncoast and local dealerships can't get these seats in alcantara. I'm wondering if the options are not available here in the US. With freight charge and everything from Carenewal, the price will be close to $7200.

So the price did came down a bit. I saw suncoast had the seats listed for 11k. I doubt that comes with the cushions and brackets.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by HKE46Boy
So the price did came down a bit. I saw suncoast had the seats listed for 11k. I doubt that comes with the cushions and brackets.

We're talking about the GT2 seats. 11K is for the Gt3/Cup seats.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Banned
ttjunkie is infamous around these parts
If you're considering the GT2 (Sport Bucket) seat, you really should visit a dealership and sit in one. They are FANTASTIC! The backs are much deeper than the luxury seats, so consider rear passenger leg room if you've got little ones.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttjunkie
If you're considering the GT2 (Sport Bucket) seat, you really should visit a dealership and sit in one. They are FANTASTIC! The backs are much deeper than the luxury seats, so consider rear passenger leg room if you've got little ones.
i got a little one ... got nothing in the back to anchor the child seat lol

Old 12-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
So far I love these seats but it can be PITA getting in/out,
Worth it though once your in.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
GT2 seats are PERFECT!

Guys, I have the carbon fiber GT2 seat with the collapsible backrest. This is BY FAR one of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I put a LOT of miles on my '05 C2S in that seat, including both street and track miles, and I LOVE IT. I never have back/lumbar pain, I ALWAYS feel well strapped in, especially in my 5pt SCHROTH harnessess on the track. I opted for the neoprene seat, so it doesn't get hot or dirty like leather and/or alcantara.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
I got the full leather GT2 seats from Isringhausen for 6200 plus 250 flat shipping. I got the alcantara inserts with yellow GT3 embroidery for 350 from Ted of alpha bedding (also a GT3 owner )got black/yellow schroth profil 6 pt belts
FYI

Originally Posted by Diablo79
Guys, I have the carbon fiber GT2 seat with the collapsible backrest. This is BY FAR one of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I put a LOT of miles on my '05 C2S in that seat, including both street and track miles, and I LOVE IT. I never have back/lumbar pain, I ALWAYS feel well strapped in, especially in my 5pt SCHROTH harnessess on the track. I opted for the neoprene seat, so it doesn't get hot or dirty like leather and/or alcantara.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:57 PM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
Liked the GT2 seats. Very functional. Miss them. Had custom yellow alcantara inserts as well.

Originally Posted by seapar
I got the full leather GT2 seats from Isringhausen for 6200 plus 250 flat shipping. I got the alcantara inserts with yellow GT3 embroidery for 350 from Ted of alpha bedding (also a GT3 owner )got black/yellow schroth profil 6 pt belts
FYI