Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Help me create a modification route map for my bone stock GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:38 AM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
Help me create a modification route map for my bone stock GT3

Hi all. I'm scheduled to receive my bone stock GT3 with only 2400km on the clock next week. I intend to drive it as it is for a few months to get to know the car's characteristics and to enjoy what Porsche engineers have come up with.

But it's only gonna be inevitable that I'll be looking for aftermarket parts to make the car more unique for my own enjoyment. I'll kick off by doing some soft mods like getting red seat belts and some CF items (wing mirrors and interior trim). For red seat belts, I should be getting it from carnewal, but there are many CF retailers out there so please recommend! Pedals too.

Exhaust - Is the sharkwerks bypass good enough or a full system is more rewarding?

ECU - ?

Air intake - Just the BMC drop-in filter?

Brakes - Are the OEM pads good enough for my steel brakes? Does the stock brakes come with stainless steel brake lines already?

LWFW - I know the GT3RS has this standard, would this be a worthwhile upgrade for the GT3?

Suspension - ?

Motor mounts - ?

I'm just listing out the general headings for potential future endeavours.. pls chime in!

TIA.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:27 AM
sheep911 is infamous around these parts
Old 12-14-2008, 02:59 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts

wassup mike

Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
wassup mike
ey ferns, nothing much pare. just waiting for my new headers and software. should be here 2nd week '09.

when are you flying over? mau mentioned feb

Old 12-14-2008, 03:12 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sheep911
ey ferns, nothing much pare. just waiting for my new headers and software. should be here 2nd week '09.

when are you flying over? mau mentioned feb
nice mods, cant wait to check it out. yes, i hoping to be there feb 4

to the OP, i have the sharkwerks bypass.. this is how the GT3 should of come from the factory!!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
nice mods, cant wait to check it out. yes, i hoping to be there feb 4

to the OP, i have the sharkwerks bypass.. this is how the GT3 should of come from the factory!!
plus 1 on the shark bypass...but want mine louder, went for fvd headers with 200cel cats and a custom bypass.

see you feb pare.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the link. But, maybe some direct comments on my inquiries would be better..

Old 12-14-2008, 05:53 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
1) Exhaust: Sharkwerks Bypass pipes. (Look into some headers as well, that's where I picked up the most hp on my GT3)
2) ECU: EVOMSit from Sharkwerks.
3) You can get some pagids in there and it will bite a bit more, the car does not come with stainless lines from the factory, put some on if you are doing the brakes.
4) Yep, just drop in a filter.
5) The LWFW is a great upgrade for the regular GT3
6) Suspension: Lower the car using the factory coilovers.
7) Motor Mounts- You are good with the factory for now.
Hope this helps!
Have fun and be safe.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sheep911
plus 1 on the shark bypass...but want mine louder, went for fvd headers with 200cel cats and a custom bypass.

see you feb pare.
I love my FVD headers and race exhaust set up. Making real proven power. The GT3 pulls insanely. Great torque gains in the mid-range with the FVD headers.
I did it a year and a half ago and still is a thrill to drive. The sound is awesome.
The yellow GT3 is the FVD website is my car.
Good luck and hope you love the set up.
BTW what type of by-pass will you run? I have the stock resonator in place.

Ranger

Old 12-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
1) Exhaust: Sharkwerks Bypass pipes. (Look into some headers as well, that's where I picked up the most hp on my GT3)
2) ECU: EVOMSit from Sharkwerks.
3) You can get some pagids in there and it will bite a bit more, the car does not come with stainless lines from the factory, put some on if you are doing the brakes.
4) Yep, just drop in a filter.
5) The LWFW is a great upgrade for the regular GT3
6) Suspension: Lower the car using the factory coilovers.
7) Motor Mounts- You are good with the factory for now.
Hope this helps!
Have fun and be safe.
Which particular pagid pads is best for the OEM steel brakes?

Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Nothing beats a good alignment or at least checking the factory alignment. That I'll do first and foremost.

Sharkey's Bypass and/or tip need to be on the car! I listened to an RS with it, compared it with what mine sounded like and ordered one right there on the spot!

If you're not tracking it, stick with the stock pads.

Just take it easy with the car and explore it's limits slowely. It does take some getting used to all that input that you'll receive when driving it.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:43 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by prodigue
But it's only gonna be inevitable that I'll be looking for aftermarket parts to make the car more unique for my own enjoyment. I'll kick off by doing some soft mods like getting red seat belts and some CF items (wing mirrors and interior trim). For red seat belts, I should be getting it from carnewal, but there are many CF retailers out there so please recommend! Pedals too.

Exhaust - Is the sharkwerks bypass good enough or a full system is more rewarding?

ECU - ?

Air intake - Just the BMC drop-in filter?

Brakes - Are the OEM pads good enough for my steel brakes? Does the stock brakes come with stainless steel brake lines already?

LWFW - I know the GT3RS has this standard, would this be a worthwhile upgrade for the GT3?

Suspension - ?

Motor mounts - ?
It's all subjective to what you want to do with the car and you're driving experience. You should definitely just drive the car first with your intended purposes and go from there.

If you're looking for more hp get a Turbo or GT2. As Mooty would say, "it's foolish, pointless and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get meaningful hp out of a GT3. It's simply not what these motors were designed for.

If you're going to use the car completely for the street, Sharky's bypass is a great sound mod and all you need, period. As are the stock pads, the filter, ECU and suspension.

With regard to the LWFW, drive the car first. If you dont like how quickly it revs up and down, find someone with one and drive theirs to see if it's worth it to you.

Again, gives us an idea of what you want to do with the car and we'll go from there. That all being said, a good alignment is crucial on these cars and will make a very noticeable difference on both the track and street. Get that done first and foremost.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:06 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
-AWE exhaust
-AWE/Giac soft
-GMG Moton wc susp
-18" BBS race wheels
-OEM Euro RS seats
-OEM roll bar & roll cage
-Color match center console

Old 12-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
be advised that lwfw mod will void factory warranty...I'd wait until out of warranty and then for sure cuz it's a great mod if you don't mind the coffee grinder in neutral...

Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 PM
The car will be used 90% on the street, and I'd probably hit the track at most twice a year. I'm not looking for huge BHP gains, just exploring the little areas where I can extract a little bit out of it. Main objective in my mod route map is to just make my GT3 just a tad more personalised without going ridiculous.

Is the BMC drop-in filter a popular mod to replace the stock filter element? It doesn't cost much and I'm sure the car would benefit from increased air volume since it's normally aspirated.

Oh yeah, how about the Softronic ECU? I like the convenience factor where you can flash the ECU at home.. apart from that how is this program compared to other players like DMS?

I'll keep in mind about the alignment. Cheers!

Originally Posted by CarNerd
It's all subjective to what you want to do with the car and you're driving experience. You should definitely just drive the car first with your intended purposes and go from there.

If you're looking for more hp get a Turbo or GT2. As Mooty would say, "it's foolish, pointless and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get meaningful hp out of a GT3. It's simply not what these motors were designed for.

If you're going to use the car completely for the street, Sharky's bypass is a great sound mod and all you need, period. As are the stock pads, the filter, ECU and suspension.

With regard to the LWFW, drive the car first. If you dont like how quickly it revs up and down, find someone with one and drive theirs to see if it's worth it to you.

Again, gives us an idea of what you want to do with the car and we'll go from there. That all being said, a good alignment is crucial on these cars and will make a very noticeable difference on both the track and street. Get that done first and foremost.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me create a modification route map for my bone stock GT3