Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:06 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
Dan,
Did you gain any power with the cup car decklid/intake?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 PM
RED05CS is infamous around these parts
Very nicely done indeed, drive in good health!

Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
hontoyo is infamous around these parts
Your car looks amazing. Very well done.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
turbosc300_2009 is infamous around these parts
very sexy

Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
"Does this corner make my rear end look fat?"
hilar ious

Old 04-11-2009, 08:06 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Dan,
Did you gain any power with the cup car decklid/intake?
I didn't do any before and after dyno's so I can't give you a definite answer. That being said, Randall at Synergy who installed the intake told me that he thought it should add to the horsepower as it is considerably less restrictive than the stock intake.

Since I never drove this GT3 on the track prior to installing the Cup intake, I don't have personal reference either.

Sorry I don't have a more precise answer.

Dan

Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by docdan
I didn't do any before and after dyno's so I can't give you a definite answer. That being said, Randall at Synergy who installed the intake told me that he thought it should add to the horsepower as it is considerably less restrictive than the stock intake.

Since I never drove this GT3 on the track prior to installing the Cup intake, I don't have personal reference either.

Sorry I don't have a more precise answer.

Dan
No problem and thanks for the response. I was curious as I may get the Cup car wing/intake at some point.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:04 AM
JAY-PESOS is infamous around these partsJAY-PESOS is infamous around these parts
thats a beautiful car. are you running with the r888's on the street? if so can you give me some feedback on them?, ie. wear?..grip?...cold weather?..etc

Old 04-14-2009, 06:55 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Jay -
I drive them on the street. Loud on the street. Great when hot and sunny. They wear better than Cups, but that's not saying a lot. When it's cold, they are very very hard and slick... but not like, well, slicks. On cold track days, I still use these instead of the Dunlop slicks. Mine aren't lasting very long, but that could be because I slide through every right angle that I can find. We video a lot of street driving at night (no flames, please) and the tires pay the price.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 PM
JAY-PESOS is infamous around these partsJAY-PESOS is infamous around these parts
Jay -
I drive them on the street. Loud on the street. Great when hot and sunny. They wear better than Cups, but that's not saying a lot. When it's cold, they are very very hard and slick... but not like, well, slicks. On cold track days, I still use these instead of the Dunlop slicks. Mine aren't lasting very long, but that could be because I slide through every right angle that I can find. We video a lot of street driving at night (no flames, please) and the tires pay the price.
thanks so much for the great feedback. i have gone thru 2 sets of ps2's already in about 1.5 months doing the same thing as you "drifting thru corners at willow springs and on the street....its getting expensive. i plan on getting these for the summer so they will prolly never seen the cold at all...what sizes are you running? thanks again
-jason

Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Wicked car!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by docdan
That is a correct observation on your part. You need to find a Porsche race shop that has an account with Porsche Motorsports, who is able and willing to get parts for you.

The second big task is installing and mating the air intake with the existing stock MAF. Once again a real good race shop would come in handy for this task. I was lucky enough to have Kerrigan with Synergy Racing take care of all these details for me.

Dan
You sir have fantastic taste. If you ever in the mood for a cruise to Sarasota, FL we would love to see your car.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
supergoji is infamous around these parts
AWSOME GT3, you should dyno the car and see what it's putting down. maybe get a tune?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Banned
Rezmoto is infamous around these parts
Love it! Love that gt3!!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Dan,
Any potential issues with losing the fan in the stock decklid when exchanging for the cup car decklid?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)