Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:43 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Awsome, that *** is FAT!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
great car, very nicely integrated and complete looking mod package. I have the same wheels on my 996tt and they look great but also are some of the very lightest around and what a difference unsprung weight savings make in steering feel.
Love the gemballa style hood. Great to see you out on the track enjoying her.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
frank is infamous around these parts
Wow

Best looking 997 I've seen.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 PM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
Can't stop lookin' at these pics, I now have a new wallpaper on my laptop.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:16 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Okay folks, these compliments are starting to get outta hand! I'm really pleased to see that this car is so readily accepted by the 6speed community. There have been so many nice things said by so many people, I can't say thank you enough. That being said, this post really sticks out:

Originally Posted by frank
Best looking 997 I've seen.
What the heck?!? This guy has been member of six speed for about 6 years, and his 3rd post EVER is commenting on my car? Now that is some strong stuff!

Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Dan, can you add more of the shots? I am adding them to my screen savers on my computer. Porsche only pics!
per your request.....more pictures!

Name:  4b627303.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  cbd950d3.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  94.9 KB

Name:  42d7a7aa.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  93.8 KB

Name:  0d95a0e2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  20d3701d.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  102.8 KB

Dan

Last edited by docdan; 01-13-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: picture formatting
Old 01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. From now on, I'm using that photographer too!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:49 AM
fastz33 is infamous around these parts
that is freakign insane!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
your car looks so hot!! i love the wide body look! who made it for you????

Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jstrat85
your car looks so hot!! i love the wide body look! who made it for you????
The project was orchestratred by Hendrick's Porsche in Charlotte with the body work portion being performed by Import Paint and Body of Charlotte. They do incredible work.

Dan

Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Dan, as I have said before, your car is beautiful. Thanks for the extra photo's. I have them in my Porsche picture folder that is used as my screen saver. Picture changes every minute. I came in to my office this morning and your car was the first one I saw today (beside my own that I had to leave in the Garage at home...again!)

Old 01-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by docdan
The project was orchestratred by Hendrick's Porsche in Charlotte with the body work portion being performed by Import Paint and Body of Charlotte. They do incredible work.

Dan
he did a sick job on your car! i love it! the wing is a lilbit to much but the wide body came out nuts!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Dan, as I have said before, your car is beautiful. Thanks for the extra photo's. I have them in my Porsche picture folder that is used as my screen saver. Picture changes every minute. I came in to my office this morning and your car was the first one I saw today (beside my own that I had to leave in the Garage at home...again!)
Thanks Ed! It doesn't take much prompting for me to post up some pics.

I'm glad you enjoy looking at them. In all seriousness, I'm kinda hooked at looking at them myself. My wife thinks it's silly for me to stare at pictures of my own car when the real deal is just out in the garage. Just yesterday she busted me on this which then prompted me to go out to the garage and get stuck in a 15 minute trance as I checked out my GT3!

I guess its still pretty new to me.

Dan

Old 01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, I totally can't blame you. But that's . I can totally see that whole scene play out. Jo's awesome. "Dan... I mean seriously. Just take your beer and stool and sit in the garage! Not only is your car there, but my Cayman S is too. You'll be in heaven! Let me know if you want me to bring dinner out there..."

So awesome.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
In the pics, it really shows how good of a choice the yellow cage is. It perfectly matches the PCCB calipers. I love it. Add in the belts... Wow. It's not a stretch either. It ties the whole thing together. Love it.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by jstrat85
he did a sick job on your car! i love it! the wing is a lilbit to much but the wide body came out nuts!!!
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, that wing is huge, and will only appeal to some folks (myself being one of them).

Just so you don't blame the body shop for the wing,....its an OEM Porsche Motorsports carbon fiber rear decklid/wing that is used on the Cup cars. You may already know this and just think it's too much....at that's cool. Just don't want you to think it's something that the body shop cooked up.

Dan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)