Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docdan
Thanks Ed! It doesn't take much prompting for me to post up some pics.

I'm glad you enjoy looking at them. In all seriousness, I'm kinda hooked at looking at them myself. My wife thinks it's silly for me to stare at pictures of my own car when the real deal is just out in the garage. Just yesterday she busted me on this which then prompted me to go out to the garage and get stuck in a 15 minute trance as I checked out my GT3!

I guess its still pretty new to me.

Dan
Dan, don't feel bad, my wife asks me why I am on the internet so much. I reply that I am surfing Auto Erotica!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:55 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys,

I wanted you all to congratulate Dan with me on a very good choice. As you know, I am building my car into a race car and there are very specific items that I need on it. So, I'm selling some very good parts that I LOVE, possibly most of all, my carbon fiber Cobra seats. These are so badass. Dan just bought them from me. They are the perfect seat for his perfect ride. So light. So comfy, and Sooooo gorgeous.

Rock on, Dan. Good call. I'm stoked that you are getting them. I talked to Kerrigan at Synergy today. He's just going to be able to pop them out of my car and plop them into yours. Congrats! These will look so good with some yellow harnesses. You're right, K pushes the OMP. He said that the others are legal in Euro racing but not in all American leagues because they are only 2" wide instead of 3, like mine. Didn't know if you knew that.

Rock on!

Name:  20081021-a-4630_2.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  dooropenseatsideVIR.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  90.9 KB

Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, that wing is huge, and will only appeal to some folks (myself being one of them).

Dan
Myself being another...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:40 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Yes, that wing is huge, and will only appeal to some folks (myself being one of them).
Dan
Originally Posted by blakt out
Myself being another...
I am also included in that "big wing" group. I just can't get over your car, it's simply gorgeous! And I am so happy to see you on the track driving it the way it was intended to be driven.

Just when I think that I am happy with the mods that I have done, and I might have an end in sight ("just a couple more honey, I promise") I find some thread like this! I ask you guys, does it ever end? (rhetorical question, as I already know the answer).

An absolutely fantastic project done so tastefully, enjoy it in good health!

Now I have to go try to convince the wifey that I need to spend even more money on a perfectly good car.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
vvacr is infamous around these parts
The lip on the rear wheels is perfect; very tasteful.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:44 AM
ast78 is infamous around these parts
VERY NICE!!!! Did he replace he fenders or just modify the OEM fenders and bumpers? Either way love the look and especially the color!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
Andrew D. is infamous around these parts
Great looking car!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Alfam is infamous around these parts
Very nice looking car !!!. Congrats !!!.
Do you consider the OZ Ultraleggera in the future ?.

Or maybe black?.

(Anyone have more pictures and specs of that black/black 997 ?).

Cheers !.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Jim Bacus is infamous around these parts
Video Roebling Road

I had the pleasure of meeting Dan and saw his car in action at Roebling Road last weekend.

What a great looking GT3, that really performs well. Dan does a great job of driving it too...

So I happened to catch his car on my video camera for a lap, that is all I could do to keep him in view. My buddies orange RSR blasts by towards the end of the video. Gotta love the look of wide bodies on the track!

http://www.vimeo.com/3895034

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Dan is my track buddy. Watching that video makes me want to have my doctors take the bolt out of my shoulder 2 months prematurely so I can get back out there and run with him.

I miss my docdan track buddy fix!!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Alfam
(Anyone have more pictures and specs of that black/black 997 ?).

Cheers !.
My car? Yeah. I have pics. Instead of posting them here, you can look at some here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/connorgt3/

Old 03-28-2009, 10:13 PM
nizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to allnizer is a name known to all
Roller: what color is on the car in your avatar? Trying to do something similar on new GT3. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
my brother your car is sick!!! dont listen to any one!

Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Wow, it looks amazing! It makes me want one that much more......

Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jim Bacus
I had the pleasure of meeting Dan and saw his car in action at Roebling Road last weekend.

What a great looking GT3, that really performs well. Dan does a great job of driving it too...

So I happened to catch his car on my video camera for a lap, that is all I could do to keep him in view. My buddies orange RSR blasts by towards the end of the video. Gotta love the look of wide bodies on the track!

http://www.vimeo.com/3895034

Jim...thanks for the video and the kind words. It was great meeting you as well. For those of you who haven't met Jim yet, he is a very open and friendly person who drives a bad *** GT3. Those rims of yours are awesome!

Your whole crew from Chicago looked pretty impressive. I think you guys had 5 or 6 GT3's under your tent representing just about every color. I look forward to running with you guys again sometime in the future. Maybe at VIR?

Dan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)