Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Black fikse wheels turning purple

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:54 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Do they look like this? I'm pretty sure they don't make these blowers with purple snouts so the same thing probably happened

Old 03-06-2011, 07:01 AM
rmag is infamous around these parts
They all seam to turn purple over time from the heat if tracked hard no matter what brand. I had two sets (CCWs) that went form black ->purple->gold centers/purple->gold. here's a pic from my old car ...wheel on left is 2 years old, wheel on right was a few months old. Left wheel almost completely gold, right wheel centers just starting to turn purple

Attached Images  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
It is all in the anodizing technology.
If you do commercial hard anodizing, they don't change color. We have sold hundreds of black Hard anodized Tech1 wheels and not a single color change.
Hard anodizing is one of the hardest substances known to man and adds no weight to the wheel, so it is a wonderful wheel finish. But you have to use commercial/military technology.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 AM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
I have same problem but don't mine its matching my cars color....

Last edited by markar; 03-06-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
my black ano jongbloeds are staying black - ano'd by f1crazy's company

Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
aussie jimmy is infamous around these partsaussie jimmy is infamous around these parts
paisley park purple....

Old 03-06-2011, 11:34 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
I have had several sets of black Fikse wheels. They all turn slightly purple in time. My car is Arena Red so it's not a big deal to me.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:50 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
It is all in the anodizing technology.
If you do commercial hard anodizing, they don't change color. We have sold hundreds of black Hard anodized Tech1 wheels and not a single color change.
Hard anodizing is one of the hardest substances known to man and adds no weight to the wheel, so it is a wonderful wheel finish. But you have to use commercial/military technology.
there is no such thing as hard black. It's called natural anodizing. It looks dark grey, almost black. Check out our gallery with pictures and you will see what it looks like.

gmpplating.com

Originally Posted by PJS
my black ano jongbloeds are staying black - ano'd by f1crazy's company
I'm glad they are working out for you

Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by K24madness
I have had several sets of black Fikse wheels. They all turn slightly purple in time. My car is Arena Red so it's not a big deal to me.

It has to do with the dye of the color. Yes when exposed to alot of sunlight they turn purple but if the company usues a good seal, it really helps extend the life of the black color. We are in the bay area, shot me a pm so i can take a look how bad your wheels are.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
totally normal. nothing to worry about actually, just means they used as intended.

Attached Images  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
there is no such thing as hard black. It's called natural anodizing. It looks dark grey, almost black. Check out our gallery with pictures and you will see what it looks like.

gmpplating.com

I'm glad they are working out for you
With all due respect, this is not natural, grey, charcoal or anthracite. Its BLACK, it's anodized and its hard as hell. And it doesn't turn purple.

Attached Images   
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
With all due respect, this is not natural, grey, charcoal or anthracite. Its BLACK, it's anodized and its hard as hell. And it doesn't turn purple.

None taken. In simple words, the only difference of type II vs III is how cold the tank is and voltage running through. Thats the difference between normal and hard. Otherwize You cannot tell the difference if it's anodzing or hard anodizing. I'm 99% sure there is no such thing as hard black. I'll shot my father an email to confirm, im out of the country. I'm sure he should know as he has been in business for 30 years plus being one of the top anodizers in the country and has instructed. In the mean time, you can do research at one of the biggest anodizing chemical suppliers. http://www.metalast.com/

Those wheels do look very nice.

p.s. the reason why hard natural will out last any color anodized wheel is because, hard natural is NOT a dye. It is the natural color of the anodizing build up on the material. It penetrates X of tenths into the material and it bulds up X tenths. So the color changing is very minimal to none at all. IMO it also looks much better.

Last edited by f1crazydriver; 03-07-2011 at 06:46 PM.