Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Oil leak on my GT3 RS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:44 AM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
2010 RMS leaks

Originally Posted by dtakenname
Hi,
Any news regarding the 2010 GT3,RS RMS?
Any changes in the design of this seal?
Any leaks reported on 2010 GT3 cars?
Many Thanks.
A Northern California dealer told me a new unsold GT3 sitting in his showroom was leaking on the showroom floor.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sjgreco
A Northern California dealer told me a new unsold GT3 sitting in his showroom was leaking on the showroom floor.
Which dealership is this?

Old 02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
sjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to allsjgreco is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Which dealership is this?
Livermore.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 PM
breadslicers is infamous around these parts
Forget, Porsche won't fix it, let alone admit a design flaw. Don't put a TT seal in it, it voids the warranty. Everyone knows they all leak at some point even the new 2010 cars will leak. Drive it and forget it, you'll loose sleep and it still will leak. Get a nice Porsche oil pan for christmas and put it under the car, soon you'll have 45 oil spots on the floor, because you cannot park the car in the same spot twice in the garage. PORSCHE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU THE CUSTOMER, SORRY

Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sjgreco
Livermore.
I have the feeling that you're talking about the black one sitting in their showroom. I didn't know it was leaking oil on their nice floor.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I have the feeling that you're talking about the black one sitting in their showroom. I didn't know it was leaking oil on their nice floor.
I never saw the car, but I was told a GT3 in the showroom had a oil leak, I assumed the leak was from the RMS. I don't really know anyone at that dealership. Their sales manager agreed to sell us a new 2009 C4 last September during Porsches big promotions, but when I called the next morning to make an appointment to take delivery, they said the car was sold. There was another GT3 up in Reno that had some sort of engine failure. The salesman said Porsche sent a new motor but never disclosed what the problem was. After the new motor was installed the car was traded to a Southern California dealership for a new Turbo. These two cars may be isolated cases, there seems to be alot of new 2010 GT3s out there and so far not much discusssion regarding oil leaks or RMS issues.

Sam

Old 02-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
They will leak......it is from sitting in the showroom and not being driven

Old 02-03-2010, 05:41 PM
dtakenname is infamous around these parts
Amazing car, crappy seal........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq5hUqX5VVk

Old 02-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Mikla is infamous around these parts
Mine leaks also, I don't drive it frequently.

fact is that I don't want to open the engine for a solution that will not work...

Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
They don't drive it every day?? That is basic porsche care LOL