Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Front spoiler lip protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea. Does one box of moulding have enough length to cover the lip in one piece?

Old 12-23-2008, 03:31 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
Great idea. Does one box of moulding have enough length to cover the lip in one piece?
One box will definitely cover the whole bumper but you will have to cut it into 2 pieces. You will also have some leftover.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gt3geoff
Just installed my grilles and they are already dented from a rock - saved me the cost of a rad already. Do it.
dented grills are like scars... chicks dig them

Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mikymu
great suggestion Kevin. i had the habit of checking if i hear that awful gut wrenching scraping sound lol. it happened to me this past weekend at Sam's Premier clear bra shop after having some work done. i have to get use to driving off driveway and dips at 45 degrees and not straight on .... but some time the lip still scrape even if the dip look benign
funny you mention that. that driveway out of premier is inconspicuously sloped. claimed my last lip.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:32 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
nice work mikymu ///M kevin has that on his lip as well. but you really got to do something about your grilles man.
grill mesh is nice so i don't have to clear away leaves and someone's old shoe from my radiators .... but i like to have a gill mesh that can be easily removed without removing the bumper. I left it alone so i can vacuum out small rocks and dead bugs from the radiators from time to time lol

Originally Posted by speedoflight
funny you mention that. that driveway out of premier is inconspicuously sloped. claimed my last lip.
yeah, Sam and Wilson ought to do something about their driveway so i don't have to back out of it next time lol

Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Daytonaviolet
nice work mikymu ///M kevin has that on his lip as well. but you really got to do something about your grilles man.
grill mesh will be nice so i don't have to remove leaves and someone's old shoe from the radiators. i like to have mesh that can be easily installed and removed without taking off the bumper. i left the grill alone so i can vacuum out rocks and dead bugs from time to time lol

Originally Posted by speedoflight
yeah, Sam and Wilson ought to do something about their driveway so i don't have to back out of it next time lol

Old 01-03-2009, 08:49 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Greetings. This spoiler thread is near to my heart. I just picked up a lightly used 2007 C4S with the factory aerokit on Friday. I had no idea how the front spoiler would scrape so easily!

Anyway, in my first day with the car, I pretty much trashed the front spoiler lip. So I'm going to need to replace this lip once I get an even better idea of how it hits things.

So it seems that the part is 997 505 983 92 or 997 505 983 93 , is that right? I'm handy with tools, but I don't have a lift. Is this the sort of part that you could remove and replace yourself, or do you just have a pro do it?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CMOS
Greetings. This spoiler thread is near to my heart. I just picked up a lightly used 2007 C4S with the factory aerokit on Friday. I had no idea how the front spoiler would scrape so easily!

Anyway, in my first day with the car, I pretty much trashed the front spoiler lip. So I'm going to need to replace this lip once I get an even better idea of how it hits things.

So it seems that the part is 997 505 983 92 or 997 505 983 93 , is that right? I'm handy with tools, but I don't have a lift. Is this the sort of part that you could remove and replace yourself, or do you just have a pro do it?

I am not sure if that is the right part number for the replacement lip, but they run about $200 like this one from Suncoast: http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=997AK.

It is super simple to replace. Two plastic screw type fasteners on either end (near wheel well) and pull lip out toward you moving from one side of the car to the other. No lifting of the car necessary.

The lips are easily scraped until you learn how to enter and exit driveways at an angle. More so if your car is lowered.

Congrat's on the car!!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by CMOS

very easy. just remove the two small plastic retaining tabs on each end of the spoiler by pushing in the center tab then gently pull outward on the spoiler - it should come off easy. take extra care in removing the spoiler since your bumper is repainted - the paint can chip or flack easily

Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
///MJFDDS,

Thanks for the quick reply with link and instructions! Looking at this exploded parts diagram, one can see the two retaining screws near the wheel wells as you described. (http://www.autoatlanta.com/model/GT32-07-08/802-00.htm)

I'll get a lip on order from Suncoast so that once I think I'm done making mistakes I can swap it out.

I don't feel so bad about it now that I know I can get it straightened out pretty easily.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:33 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Have any of you guys scraped your lip really bad and affected the bumper in any way, or the seam between the hood and the bumper? Will the lip actually push up on the bumper and affect it in an adverse way? I havent scraped that bad yet, but I dont want to find out.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Have any of you guys scraped your lip really bad and affected the bumper in any way, or the seam between the hood and the bumper? Will the lip actually push up on the bumper and affect it in an adverse way? I havent scraped that bad yet, but I dont want to find out.
it will be awfully hard to cause damage to the fenders and hood from simple scrapes. the flexible nature of the bumper will absorb most of the force .... unless the bumper experience some form of severe impact at speed

Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
cool, thanks for the response. Not to get off topic but I'm about to lower my car an inch with some pss10's and I know ill scrape more... so im mentally preparing myself.

it will be awfully hard to cause damage to the fenders and hood from simple scrapes. the flexible nature of the bumper will absorb most of the force .... unless the bumper experience some form of severe impact at speed

Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
cool, thanks for the response. Not to get off topic but I'm about to lower my car an inch with some pss10's and I know ill scrape more... so im mentally preparing myself.
oh man! that is going to be lowww .... just be careful going over bumps and driveways

Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
acf
if you can do it in your GT3RS, I wont complain!

oh man! that is going to be lowww .... just be careful going over bumps and driveways

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front spoiler lip protection