Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Front spoiler lip protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
if you can do it in your GT3RS, I wont complain!
lol ... will the final height be the same as RS setup?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Im really not sure yet. I'll let you know when we decide on a final height. Im just tired of looking like a 4x4. I got a cargraphic front lip which sticks out a bit further than stock, so that isnt going to help the situation as well... I'll take pictures when it's done!

Originally Posted by mikymu
lol ... will the final height be the same as RS setup?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
mikymu....thanks for the great suggestion to a very common problem!

I just ordered some door guard in "clear" because of my painted front chin spoiler. Here is the the link to the stuff I ordered. I'll report back to this thread once I receive it to let you all know how it works.

http://www.brandsport.com/trmg-nc0005.html

Dan

oh yeah...rep to you, mikymu

Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by docdan
mikymu....thanks for the great suggestion to a very common problem!

I just ordered some door guard in "clear" because of my painted front chin spoiler. Here is the the link to the stuff I ordered. I'll report back to this thread once I receive it to let you all know how it works.

http://www.brandsport.com/trmg-nc0005.html

Dan

oh yeah...rep to you, mikymu
wow, great price on the door guard. i paid $15 for one box at pepboy. clear is the way to go for painted spoiler.

oh yeah, more rep points will lead to happiness

Old 01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
911rox is infamous around these parts
Someone should just start producing some streetable lips that fit on the existing bar and are alot shorter, just to protect the bottom of the bar!!! The car would be so much more user frienndly on the streets where downforce isn't an issue as we're only doing 100-120kph. Imagine... less scrapes, less cracks and $$$$ saved!

When going to the track, a couple of clips and the original lip is on for the added aerodynamics.

Porsche certainly won't do it, it'll cost them considering they currently sell each owner a couple spoiler lips each year!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:31 PM
CMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really niceCMOS is just really nice
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and to mikymu who encouraged me to remove and replace the spoiler myself.
I got the part from Suncoast for less than my dealer charges, even with shipping from Fla. I got the original spoiler off and the unpainted GT3 part on, no problem.

Originally Posted by mikymu
very easy. just remove the two small plastic retaining tabs on each end of the spoiler by pushing in the center tab then gently pull outward on the spoiler - it should come off easy. take extra care in removing the spoiler since your bumper is repainted - the paint can chip or flack easily

Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by CMOS
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, and to mikymu who encouraged me to remove and replace the spoiler myself.
I got the part from Suncoast for less than my dealer charges, even with shipping from Fla. I got the original spoiler off and the unpainted GT3 part on, no problem.
excellent! post some pictures of your ride when you have time

Mike

Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM
julesled is infamous around these parts
newbie where may i source grilles pls.?

Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 PM
jcrystal23 is infamous around these parts
GMG. They are a site sponsor

Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 AM
YellowDragon is infamous around these parts
Great thread with great replies. Very informative!

I have a different approach. I use a roll of black 'Guerrila Tape' to cover the lower portion of the lip. The width of the tape is enough to tape over the bottom edge of the lip. I applied 4 layers of tape to ensure adequate protection. The cosmetic is rather acceptable.

When tape get scraped, if it's minor, I'd trim loose exposed threads and bits with a scissor and touch it up with permanent marker. If it's bad with more areas, then depending how many layer it went through, I'd remove and replace those layers. So far it's been working out great, even the unsuspected Porsche SA said, 'How'd you keep the lip so clean?'

Last edited by YellowDragon; 01-24-2009 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
That's another way to save the lip. ^^^

Old 01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Gofishracing is infamous around these parts
$14.99 today-door edge-roll- I am very impressed- thank you 6 speed.!! Contact cement may be necesaary on ends- Great idea- great appearance!

Last edited by Gofishracing; 01-29-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by YellowDragon
Great thread with great replies. Very informative!

I have a different approach. I use a roll of black 'Guerrila Tape' to cover the lower portion of the lip. The width of the tape is enough to tape over the bottom edge of the lip. I applied 4 layers of tape to ensure adequate protection. The cosmetic is rather acceptable.

When tape get scraped, if it's minor, I'd trim loose exposed threads and bits with a scissor and touch it up with permanent marker. If it's bad with more areas, then depending how many layer it went through, I'd remove and replace those layers. So far it's been working out great, even the unsuspected Porsche SA said, 'How'd you keep the lip so clean?'
I thought about the tape method too but I could not find a durable tape that can take the beating. Great suggestion. May try it in the future .... If we end up moving to a house with steep driveway

Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Some auto parts stores have a trailer tape that works really well. Its black and has a little texture to it and is very durable.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Gofishracing is infamous around these parts
And then there is helicopter tape- aircraftspruce.com- so much cool stuff!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front spoiler lip protection