Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Front spoiler lip protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 PM
mmaigret is infamous around these parts
Just bought a new lip to replace my trashed one-- looking forward to trying the door guard out. Thanks all for the write-up.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mmaigret
Just bought a new lip to replace my trashed one-- looking forward to trying the door guard out. Thanks all for the write-up.
Cool

This simple add on saved my front lip more than 10 time now. It's especially useful if you drive a-lot around SF

Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mikymu
Cool

This simple add on saved my front lip more than 10 time now. It's especially useful if you drive a-lot around SF
I never see any GT3/Rs in the city. Everytime when I take my car to work, I'm the only guy driving one across the bridge and around the Financial District.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I never see any GT3/Rs in the city. Everytime when I take my car to work, I'm the only guy driving one across the bridge and around the Financial District.
DD 997 GT3?

WOW, that is rare. I have not seen another 997 GT3 let alone RS on the road. Saw couple 996 GT3.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:42 AM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
DD 997 GT3?

WOW, that is rare. I have not seen another 997 GT3 let alone RS on the road. Saw couple 996 GT3.
I don't DD it everyday because the Financial District is an unforgiven place for a car this low. However when I do drive it, I make sure that it's always a Friday so I can leave work early and beat traffic.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
porschetech is infamous around these parts
mike......i can't respond to pm's yet. gotta love this site

so to answer your question........you'll need a 10mm allen key on a socket and at least a 12" 3/8" drive breaker bar. you'll also need new caliper bolts too, as this is standard practice to repalce these every time they are removed. shame on you using fractional tools on a european car. you know we've been metric from at least the 70's

as for the filter.......i'd leave it in place. removing it is tricky and can be easily damaged

Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
thx docdan bought 4 orders, hopes it works for my techart lip.

Last edited by Neeeenja; 02-26-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by porschetech
mike......i can't respond to pm's yet. gotta love this site

so to answer your question........you'll need a 10mm allen key on a socket and at least a 12" 3/8" drive breaker bar. you'll also need new caliper bolts too, as this is standard practice to repalce these every time they are removed. shame on you using fractional tools on a european car. you know we've been metric from at least the 70's

as for the filter.......i'd leave it in place. removing it is tricky and can be easily damaged
Anthony, now, this is really off topic. We ought to slap you with an infraction point already Glad you came on board and god knows we need your expertise here .... since I am still using Great Britain spec tools lol

Thanks buddy for answering my question so quickly. I got the pesky brake reservoir off finally. It was the hardest parts of the fluid change. I used Motul and the PCCB feel much better already. I am really surprised that OEM brake fluid really sucks?

I noticed Porsche service manual calls for a-lot of bolt replacement for various service. Do they have a stock on some bolt factory in Russia? lol I was told it will be OK to use the bolt again .... It will be a pain in the **** if we have to change them every time

Mike

Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Anthony, now, this is really off topic. We ought to slap you with an infraction point already Glad you came on board and god knows we need your expertise here .... since I am still using Great Britain spec tools lol

Thanks buddy for answering my question so quickly. I got the pesky brake reservoir off finally. It was the hardest parts of the fluid change. I used Motul and the PCCB feel much better already. I am really surprised that OEM brake fluid really sucks?

I noticed Porsche service manual calls for a-lot of bolt replacement for various service. Do they have a stock on some bolt factory in Russia? lol I was told it will be OK to use the bolt again .... It will be a pain in the **** if we have to change them every time

Mike

hmm i'm surprised about the brake fluid. porsche uses DOT4 like everyone else. maybe it just needed a good flush? sounds like you got that covered anyways.

yes it is a porsche recommendation to change certain bolts. i guess you could get away with it this time, but i wouldn't make a habit of it. for us at a dealership we have to replace them without question.

i hope i can help out here and answer some questions, but i ain't no goods gift to porsche

Old 02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
hmm i'm surprised about the brake fluid. porsche uses DOT4 like everyone else. maybe it just needed a good flush? sounds like you got that covered anyways.

yes it is a porsche recommendation to change certain bolts. i guess you could get away with it this time, but i wouldn't make a habit of it. for us at a dealership we have to replace them without question.

i hope i can help out here and answer some questions, but i ain't no goods gift to porsche
Thanks for the recommendations and help. Rep points to ya ....

Porschtech is always a gods gift to us and I am sure your boss would agree too

Hang out here more often Anthony. People here are nice and you will get a laugh or two from people like me trying to use 3/8" socket on a metric bolt LOL

Last edited by mikymu; 02-26-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the recommendations and help. Rep points to ya ....

Porschtech is always a gods gift to us and I am sure your boss would agree too

Hang out here more often Anthony. People here are not as abrasive as the M3forum and you will get a laugh or two from people like me trying to use 3/8" socket on a metric bolt LOL
no worries mike.......glad i could help. i guess i could hang out here more often, but try not to get into any trouble. i think that GT3/GT2 oil leak thread might go that way

as for the 3/8" socket on a metric bolt......thats our lil secret

Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
no worries mike.......glad i could help. i guess i could hang out here more often, but try not to get into any trouble. i think that GT3/GT2 oil leak thread might go that way

as for the 3/8" socket on a metric bolt......thats our lil secret
Good! We need more forum member like you ... so we can be corrected if we start to talk with our behind lol

Your true identity is safe with us ... you won't get in trouble bud

Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Good! We need more forum member like you ... so we can be corrected if we start to talk with our behind lol

Your true identity is safe with us ... you won't get in trouble bud
rofl.......so whats my alias?

too late, i think i've already stirred it up in that thread :facepalm:

Old 02-26-2009, 01:18 PM

too late, i think i've already stirred it up in that thread :facepalm:
Yes, you have but it's interesting to read. I guess the ball is in his court now.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
Yes, you have but it's interesting to read. I guess the ball is in his court now.
so when do i get my rep points?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front spoiler lip protection