Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Front spoiler lip protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:28 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porschetech
so when do i get my rep points?
In due time, in due time.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:29 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschetech
so when do i get my rep points?
lol ... It takes couple hours to bake the rep point. It should show up in a bit. Your name is Jason Bourne right? I seen how you drive

Old 02-26-2009, 01:37 PM
porschetech is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikymu
lol ... It takes couple hours to bake the rep point. It should show up in a bit. Your name is Jason Bourne right? I seen how you drive

Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 AM
YellowDragon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gofishracing
And then there is helicopter tape- aircraftspruce.com- so much cool stuff!
The helicopter tape (3M 8542HS 1.25 in x 36 yd), is sold at $1973.13 per roll.

http://www.fly-supply.com/vmchk/Poly...uct-flyer.html

Last edited by YellowDragon; 02-27-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
breadslicers is infamous around these parts
Front lip

If you got patience you can sand them as well. I've got a new set for the GT2 and GT3 just in case they ever discontinue those parts, but progressively using finer sand paper will work as well.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Gofishracing is infamous around these parts
We need live data acquisition that includes road bumps and grade changes! Know your route!! I'm getting afraid to drive anywhere! LOL

Old 05-20-2009, 08:47 PM
skizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud ofskizot has much to be proud of
Thanks for the link to the different color and length moldings. I came across this thread, AFTER I did the same thing by purchasing some of this stuff from a local auto parts store. I went ahead and ordered some of the stuff from the link in this thread though, to see how well the blue matches the color of my car (although the black looks okay on it now) and it would be nice to have a spare trim lying around as I am sure I will need it. I scrap just getting out of the driveway.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
The Solution Exists (Depending on the Road Hazard)

Since I daily drive a dropped 993 C4S Aero, I bought a front bumper protection bar to help save the Turbo S spoiler on the car. Installation was a breeze (no drilling required!), but I did have to buy a few spacers to account for the lower S lip. Recommend it without hesitation. Some info here:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...ction_bar2.htm

Currently, I believe that this item is 993-specific; however, it shows how owners of later model Pcars might be able to fashion something. Or, if they're really nice to the inventor, perhaps he'll create a limited run for you

Cheers!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Very nice fix!

Have you ever considered getting a clear wrap to protect from other wear and tear?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:40 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Yep. In the works.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 AM
eric_l is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by YellowDragon
The helicopter tape (3M 8542HS 1.25 in x 36 yd), is sold at $1973.13 per roll.

http://www.fly-supply.com/vmchk/Poly...uct-flyer.html

Holy sh!!. I had no idea that tape could cost _that_ much!! But then again they do use it all over the place in F1 so clearly is must be expensive

Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
dbnichols is infamous around these parts
Hey, nice mod....simple and cheap. I just bought my first Porsche, and within two days heard my first scraping sound...my stomach felt like I'd just gone off the edge of a roller coaster....but no real damage. I'll probably be swinging by Pep Boys the weekend.

Bryan

Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dbnichols
Hey, nice mod....simple and cheap. I just bought my first Porsche, and within two days heard my first scraping sound...my stomach felt like I'd just gone off the edge of a roller coaster....but no real damage. I'll probably be swinging by Pep Boys the weekend.

Bryan
Good call Bryan. This is a simple fix to help protect your front spoiler and lessen your pain

Old 12-27-2009, 09:53 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Great thread. Bought a new lip from Suncoast and want it to last as long as possible. I just ordered 20 ft of the black J edge molding. Rep for mikymu!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Great thread. Bought a new lip from Suncoast and want it to last as long as possible. I just ordered 20 ft of the black J edge molding. Rep for mikymu!
Cool, It works great on OEM front spoiler and mine lasted the whole year. Check out my Cup splitter mod - you can use the same door edge molding for protection too https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...itter-mod.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front spoiler lip protection