Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Front spoiler lip protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:38 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Smile Front spoiler lip protection

I got real tired of scraping the front spoiler lips on dips and driveway and came up with this simple protection plan ... short of replacing them every couple weeks.

I bought some door edge molding from Pep Boys and cut them to fit the edge of the spoiler lip. I also used them on the brake cooling fins under the bumper. It's a simple cut and snap fit

The color match really well and you can barely noticed it's there. It saved my spoiler lip this morning when I back out the driveway. It's easily replaced when worn.

The only draw back is that it won't save you from the mother of all scrapes lol

Does anyone else has other method to protect the front spoiler lip?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Jgalt is infamous around these partsJgalt is infamous around these parts
Raise

the ride height 6"?

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Still have my original on
2yrs and 22k and it's not so bad....

Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trundle997
that is amazing!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I've been using the same thing for the last 10 months and it works wonder.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:21 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Great Idea...I need to give it a shot

Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I've been using the same thing for the last 10 months and it works wonder.
Kevin, glad you had some time with them. i thought about adding some sort of heavy duty tapes to further protect the lip but it would be tacky. i think this door edge molding will work well

Old 12-22-2008, 11:26 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I went through a second set of those door edge molding already but it's a lot cheaper than the actual lip itself. Just be careful because if you scrape the bottom backing out, the molding might hang and then eventually fall off on the freeway. I had that happen once. So now if I know I scraped something, I would get out of the car and check to see if it's still on the lip and not hanging.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by ///M Kevin
I went through a second set of those door edge molding already but it's a lot cheaper than the actual lip itself. Just be careful because if you scrape the bottom backing out, the molding might hang and then eventually fall off on the freeway. I had that happen once. So now if I know I scraped something, I would get out of the car and check to see if it's still on the lip and not hanging.
great suggestion Kevin. i had the habit of checking if i hear that awful gut wrenching scraping sound lol. it happened to me this past weekend at Sam's Premier clear bra shop after having some work done. i have to get use to driving off driveway and dips at 45 degrees and not straight on .... but some time the lip still scrape even if the dip look benign

Old 12-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by mikymu
great suggestion Kevin. i had the habit of checking if i hear that awful gut wrenching scraping sound lol. it happened to me this past weekend at Sam's Premier clear bra shop after having some work done. i have to get use to driving off driveway and dips at 45 degrees and not straight on .... but some time the lip still scrape even if the dip look benign
You definitely have to go sideway when you drive out of Premier's driveway. Did you have the whole front end done? What's next? GT2 seats?

Old 12-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
nice work mikymu ///M kevin has that on his lip as well. but you really got to do something about your grilles man.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jellis
great idea
+1..

Old 12-23-2008, 05:24 AM
gt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to beholdgt3geoff is a splendid one to behold
Just installed my grilles and they are already dented from a rock - saved me the cost of a rad already. Do it.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM
HTP
HTP is infamous around these parts
Great idea. I have doubled up paint protection film in those areas before but never thought of that.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:46 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Trundle997
Very amazing!!! I got 887 miles and 10 days out of my last one and that was all country roads!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front spoiler lip protection